“Around the NFL” thread (for stuff that isn’t thread worthy)

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I am no fan of Mr 1-31  (Hue Jackson Day).  He's not great but then, he wasn't given a lot to work with prior to 2018.

What coach and FO personnel doesn't lie pre draft? (and post)

Mumble Mouth Bill Belicheat lies every time he's at a podium.  

You hold a grudge if someone tries to ruin your career, not because the FO plan was to SIT you for the start of the season 

Again, I don't think him sitting is the reason for the grudge. I think Hue being dishonest, and several players even hinted at him being fake with them. 

Baker could be more mature, sure, but Hue was a terrible coach who talked and acted like he had Belicheck's track record.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, YoloinOhio said:

This Baker/Hue thing is still going strong, eh...  weird flex, he needs to move on 

I see this as someone who's had lots of success and things go his way - not to discount the work he put into it - needing artificial fuel for his "underdog" false narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Hue was a terrible coach who talked and acted like he had Belicheck's track record

When I watched a bit of Hard Knocks last season I was absolutely stunned Hue Jackson has ever been thought of as NFL HC material.  Stunned.

Young player - “I’m gonna **** up every time I’m out there, but I’m still gonna ball. Stop worrying about all the damn mistakes and treating me like I’m some young rookie starter you have to worry about making a mistake. ”

coach - “um... No.”

young player - “silent death stare”.

lol (j/k)

Edited by BillsFan4

this appears to be the NYJ version of “embedded”, for anyone who may be interested. Watching the 1st episode of this season now.

Edit - 

pretty lame that they had 4-5 commercial breaks in one 25min episode. I assume it’s a choice on the NYJ part since the Bills series had no commercials at all. 

Edited by BillsFan4

https://theathletic.com/1085476/2019/07/23/adrian-peterson-owes-millions-to-pa-lender-lawsuit-claims-rb-now-faces-potentially-third-default-judgment/

Adrian Peterson owes millions to Pa. lender, lawsuit claims; RB now faces potentially third default judgment

Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson by October is set to top $100 million in career salary, 45 percent more than anyone else in NFL history at his position. And despite that, creditors are all but banging at his door, even leaving a summons attached to his front gate.

A Pennsylvania lender is suing Peterson for allegedly defaulting on a $5.2 million loan, the proceeds of which he used to pay back other debts he incurred, including millions from a “pay-day lender,” court documents in New York show.

The sum, which with interest and legal fees is now $6.6 million, is separate from the $2.4 million a Maryland state judge last week ordered Peterson to pay another creditor — Democracy Capital Corp. In 2018, a Minnesota court ordered him to pay $600,000 left unpaid on a $2.4 million loan.

The New York litigation is embroiled in charges that the lender’s counsel surreptitiously represented Peterson in another lawsuit regarding the player’s insurance, creating a conflict of interest. As a result, the judge canceled Peterson’s scheduled deposition Monday and held a hearing that in part centered on allegations that the running back’s confidential information, including his playing contract, were obtained irregularly.

Here is another story on it that’s not behind a paywall -