“Around the NFL” thread (for stuff that isn’t thread worthy)

I enjoy reading about all NFL news and am always hunting for a thread to post random non-thread worthy news/info etc. I come across on other NFL teams but I never know where to put it (this forum doesn’t have an “around the NFL section and I don’t want to start a new thread for it). So most times I don’t share it.

I decided I’d try to make a thread to give everyone a place to share interesting news/stories etc. about other NFL teams/players etc. 

I’m hoping that it’s ok to put/keep this here seeing as it’s not Bills related news.

I know we have the “off the wall” section but not as many people visit it, especially to talk football. 

If I am the only one interested in a thread like this, then I apologize and will let it die. 

To start, heres Josh Norman jumping bulls in Spain - 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

Apparently Richard Seymour is a pretty good poker player.  He made a good run at the 2019 World Series of Poker, but was eliminated on Wednesday.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-patriots-star-makes-an-impressive-and-deep-run-at-2019-world-series-of-poker-but-is-eliminated/

"Although Seymour was happy with his decisions, he'll likely be regretting at least one of them. At one point on Wednesday, Seymour got dealt pocket 10s on a hand where he was going up against an opponent who had 6-5 offsuit. The percentages were in Seymour's favor, but he decided to fold after his opponent went all-in following the flop."

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Rex sending out resumes yet?  Isn’t this the year Pegulabucks run out?

He had five year contract so for next year yes.  

It is actually best to find a job when you are covered by Pegula's contract.

Rather than negotiating a 6 year, $36 million contract (as example only) with even money each year you negotiate a

$1M, $1M, $1M, $10M, $10M, $10M contract and then recipient gets

$5M, $5M, $5M, $10M, $10M, $10M contract since old contract pays the delta.

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I enjoy reading about all NFL news and am always hunting for a thread to post random non-thread worthy news/info etc. I come across on other NFL teams but I never know where to put it (this forum doesn’t have an “around the NFL section). So most times I don’t share it.

I decided I’d try to make a thread to give everyone a place to share interesting news/stories etc. about other NFL teams/players etc. 

I’m hoping that it’s ok to put/keep this here seeing as it’s not Bills related news.

I know we have the “off the wall” section but not as many people visit it, especially to talk football. 

If I am the only one interested in a thread like this, then I apologize and will let it die. 

To start, heres Josh Norman jumping bulls in Spain - 

One slight miscalculation and he'll end up like this guy. 

IiOGgla.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Vikings RB Thomas gets 3-game suspension

Minnesota Vikings running back Roc Thomas will be suspended for the first three games of the 2019 season without pay for violating the NFL's policy and program on substances of abuse, the league announced Tuesday.

Thomas, 23, was arrested on Jan. 16 and charged with felony drug possession after Dakota County police officers found 143.28 grams of marijuana (or just over five ounces) in his Mendota Heights, Minnesota, apartment. Police also confiscated just over $15,800 in cash, a .45-caliber handgun and two handgun magazines.

Anyone who gets gored by those bulls got what was coming.

It's a disgusting event.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Vikings RB Thomas gets 3-game suspension

Minnesota Vikings running back Roc Thomas will be suspended for the first three games of the 2019 season without pay for violating the NFL's policy and program on substances of abuse, the league announced Tuesday.

Thomas, 23, was arrested on Jan. 16 and charged with felony drug possession after Dakota County police officers found 143.28 grams of marijuana (or just over five ounces) in his Mendota Heights, Minnesota, apartment. Police also confiscated just over $15,800 in cash, a .45-caliber handgun and two handgun magazines.

This should be its own thread.  Don't bury it in here.

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Just reading this now. Mayfield doesn’t lack confidence, that’s for sure. 

I ask him if it feels weird, starting the offseason with so much hype. "For them," he says, flicking his wrist toward the door. "Not for me." He ***** an eyebrow and grins. "For everybody else around here, it's been pretty terrible to be part of this team for a while." Then he laughs. Not unkindly but in a way that suggests he thinks everyone in Cleveland is in on the joke.

After struggling to move the ball for much of the first half, Taylor exited the game with a concussion, and Mayfield came in with just over a minute left. He threw his first pass to receiver Jarvis Landry, threading the ball between two defenders for a first down. The home fans lost their minds. "It was like a weight lifted off their shoulders," Mayfield says, before imitating an imaginary fan and whispering: "Thank you." He shakes his head. "You could tell the energy was in the air. You could feel it: This might be the first win. And when it finally happened, it was like, 'Well, what do we do now?'"

How do people interpret this part -

Today, Jackson, who is no longer working for Cincinnati, says he doesn't regret taking the Bengals job. "I wanted to coach and help a friend and organization I respect," he says. He tells me he hasn't spoken with Mayfield since the season ended but doesn't harbor any ill will toward his former charge. "Baker's gonna be Baker," he says. "He was disappointed that I left and was with a team in the division. ... That was his feeling and I have to respect it."

He’s not saying that mayfield was disappointed he was fired, is he? Hue can’t be that oblivious. He has to just be saying that mayfield was disappointed he went to a team in division right? 

Its s pretty good story. Worth the read. 

Edited by BillsFan4