Josh Allen reminds me of Ken Stabler

major

On 7/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, major said:

Watched some highlights of Ken Stabler. Josh Allen reminds me of him. He was scrappy, took the hits, ran when needed (when he was younger), and was clutch. Think Josh has a stronger arm than Stabler did. Hope Josh will get us a super bowl win like “the snake” did for the raiders. Does he remind you of Stabler or someone else? 

I doubt Allen could keep up with Stabler after dark. 

As many of you have, I have seen many QB’s play at Rich, Ralph, New Era- Elway, Marino, George, Culpepper, Favre, Young, Montana, Brady etc etc...in my assessment using the naked eye, and a few beers in me, I think Josh Allen may have the strongest arm I have ever seen. No, I am not in love with him but I have seen enough to know he has the potential to be great. He has to pull it all together and make the leap in year 2. Hopefully, we got our guy!

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, rayray808 said:

He reminds me more of that one guy who was a carpenter and then went on to lead people across Egypt, you know...

JESUS

Moses is the fella that led folks out of Egypt.

Favre, Elway, and LSHMEAB's variation on Rivers are good comps.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, njbuff said:

Josh Allen reminds of..............

Josh Allen.

I was thinking the same thing. The great thing about Josh is he has his own style. Joe Montana and Peyton Manning didn't really fit a predecessor style. They just were who they were.   Not saying Josh will ever be that good though.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:07 PM, RocCityRoller said:

Favre all the way, posted it a few times

...to a certain extent, perhaps......BUT.....Favre could throw 5 picks in a game and get a pass as a gambling "gunslinger"......Josh throws 5 picks and TBD goes into irreversible meltdown....need to be honest here IMO.....

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...to a certain extent, perhaps......BUT.....Favre could throw 5 picks in a game and get a pass as a gambling "gunslinger"......Josh throws 5 picks and TBD goes into irreversible meltdown....need to be honest here IMO.....

I forget what year it was, but I remember the look on Mike Shanahan's face when Jake Plummer the "Gunslinger" had a meltdown at the line of scrimmage and it cost the Broncos the game...wonderful year eclipsed by a mental lapse.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I forget what year it was, but I remember the look on Mike Shanahan's face when Jake Plummer the "Gunslinger" had a meltdown at the line of scrimmage and it cost the Broncos the game...wonderful year eclipsed by a mental lapse.

...LMAO...Jake the Fake.......wasn't he an admitted weed dude?..............

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO...Jake the Fake.......wasn't he an admitted weed dude?..............

He was! a weed induced, hallucigenic gunslinger! ?

Edited by Rocket94