Who else is going to the Bills / Titans game??

JPL7

On 7/12/2019 at 10:30 PM, Augie said:

I’m told I’m set for my two, but the info comes from a SLIGHTLY younger but far more technologically advanced senior who is constantly making derisive comments about my tech savviness. I might be safer sending a wire to the Nigerian Prince, but I’m already on board.  

cool, can you see if someone can get me a couple too?

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, BuffaloBillies said:

Last time I went, I was jumped on a sidewalk by 3 dudes and knocked out cold at 2AM Saturday night for wearing a Bills hat (Fire Department woke me up with smelling salt). Concussed, I still went to the game the next day.... The Music City Miracle. Worst weekend of my life. PASS!

Damn... That’s a pretty rough weekend...

If i'm home due to my job i have already made plans to go i have a step son that has a friend that has season tickets & he's set up, he is a Titans fan which i am to when they aren't playing the Bills but i pointed the game out to him when the schedule came out & he said we're going now i just need to be off & at home on that date ?

I will have on my red Kyle Williams jersey & drinking a beer for the Bills victory !! Not sure what the tail gating is like in Nashville but i know it can't compare to B/lo !! 

GO BILLS !!! 

On 7/16/2019 at 10:56 AM, T master said:

If i'm home due to my job i have already made plans to go i have a step son that has a friend that has season tickets & he's set up, he is a Titans fan which i am to when they aren't playing the Bills but i pointed the game out to him when the schedule came out & he said we're going now i just need to be off & at home on that date ?

I will have on my red Kyle Williams jersey & drinking a beer for the Bills victory !! Not sure what the tail gating is like in Nashville but i know it can't compare to B/lo !! 

GO BILLS !!! 

The tailgate is not like OP, but it’s pretty darn good!  I went with my son a few years ago, not knowing a single soul there. We had our Bills gear on, and we were welcomed with open arms. It was VERY cool, and we were represented in numbers!

We Ubered there, so I’m not sure how the lots work. There were a lot of busses and RV’s with Bills folk hooked up together. I’m curious how that is arranged getting grouped together. I’ll leave to the the hooked in Eager Beavers like @plenzmd1 to figure out. I’ll be in a hotel, so maybe pick up Edley’s BBQ the day before or that morning for tailgate (doubt they open early enough for tailgate, so maybe room at the airbnb for food?). 

BTW - a red KW jersey won’t help anyone find you. There will be tens of thousands of us. I made that mistake once. 

Edited by Augie

8 hours ago, Augie said:

The tailgate is not like OP, but it’s pretty darn good!  I went with my son a few years ago, not knowing a single soul there. We had our Bills gear on, and we were welcomed with open arms. It was VERY cool, and we were represented in numbers!

We Ubered there, so I’m not sure how the lots work. There were a lot of busses and RV’s with Bills folk hooked up together. I’m curious how that is arranged getting grouped together. I’ll leave that the the hooked in Eager Beavers like @plenzmd1 to figure out. I’ll be in a hotel, so maybe pick up Edley’s BBQ the day before or that morning for tailgate (doubt they open early enough for tailgate, so maybe room at the airbnb for food?). 

BTW - a red KW jersey won’t help anyone find you. There will be tens of thousands of us. I made that mistake once. 

i must say i do not know why, but was thinking this was more of a bar type tailgate. But damn, just hit me bars may not be open Sunday morning. Augie you should know that..whats the earliest you have gotten a drink Sunday morning in a bar?

i go with a bunch of youngins, so job one for me Sunday morning is getting good, greasy food and 8 oz of milk in all their guts before any drinking commences. Last year in Green Bay  I made everyone an awesome breakfast sammy, but that was kinda pain in the tuchus. This year will be an egg, sausage and french toast casserole made the night before that can just be heated up in the AM. We will have plenty for Augie and son! Will also have big pot of coffee to get everything moving in the right direction early, will prolly want to make sure all business is done before we head out!

Then i was thinking combination of bars and tailgates for the 4 hours or so

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Booked the trip down but don't have tickets to the game yet.

Right now the resale value is pretty nuts so I imagine a lot of people have been scooping them up. Hopefully demand will drop a bit as the date gets closer.

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

Booked the trip down but don't have tickets to the game yet.

Right now the resale value is pretty nuts so I imagine a lot of people have been scooping them up. Hopefully demand will drop a bit as the date gets closer.

almost always will, but you do have to be patient..and by patient i mean Saturday before the game. Can not guarantee, but my gut is this time of summer is when prices are the highest..everyone making their plans, gettin their airbnb, and they just want to get tickets to get it out of the way. And the folks selling the tickets have no worries on their end they might be stuck with the tickets.

Be patient, there are ALWAYS tickets available..to every game!!

One PSA, we are looking for tickets to VaTech-Notre Dame, put in a price alert on Stubhub..that was a freaking mistake. First 3 emails i got saying "your tickets to Notre Dame are available" , only to click the link and get"well not your tickets, but tickets are going fast, you may want to by these" and have $300 seats highlighted. Alert turned off now

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i must say i do not know why, but was thinking this was more of a bar type tailgate. But damn, just hit me bars may not be open Sunday morning. Augie you should know that..whats the earliest you have gotten a drink Sunday morning in a bar?

i go with a bunch of youngins, so job one for me Sunday morning is getting good, greasy food and 8 oz of milk in all their guts before any drinking commences. Last year in Green Bay  I made everyone an awesome breakfast sammy, but that was kinda pain in the tuchus. This year will be an egg, sausage and french toast casserole made the night before that can just be heated up in the AM. We will have plenty for Augie and son! Will also have big pot of coffee to get everything moving in the right direction early, will prolly want to make sure all business is done before we head out!

Then i was thinking combination of bars and tailgates for the 4 hours or so

I know the liquor laws have changed (for the better) since we had a place there. I tried calling Rippy’s on Broadway to ask, but realized they are an hour behind and it was only 10:00am and got no answer. On line it looks like they should be open at 10:00am Mon-Sat, but not until 11:00am on Sunday. Keep in mind, a 1:00 ET start is really noon there. Not much time to play. 

They have a nice parking area for a tailgate (shop ahead!), and plenty of time to hit downtown post-game. Maybe a local can give us some better advice? 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:50 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I hear that the NFL may be making this an "event"  Get your tickets ASAP 

Thanks for the head-up. I've been planning to go, but dragging my feet on getting tickets. I live only a few hours away from Nashville, so I'm looking to haul my grill down there and do some tailgating. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

They have a nice parking area for a tailgate (shop ahead!), and plenty of time to hit downtown post-game. Maybe a local can give us some better advice? 

Where would you recommend I park to setup a canopy and tailgate?

3 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

Thanks for the head-up. I've been planning to go, but dragging my feet on getting tickets. I live only a few hours away from Nashville, so I'm looking to haul my grill down there and do some tailgating. 

Any idea where you would setup? I’m looking to setup near other Bills fans.

54 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Where would you recommend I park to setup a canopy and tailgate?

Any idea where you would setup? I’m looking to setup near other Bills fans.

I haven't thought that far ahead, but I'd certainly be all for helping my fellow Bills fans circle the wagons down there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

I haven't thought that far ahead, but I'd certainly be all for helping my fellow Bills fans circle the wagons down there.

pretty much the "official", not really, tailgate for away games is wherever Red Pinto Tailgate sets up. If ya Twitters, follow em. If not, i will be posting as soon as they know for sure what lot they will be setting up !This thread will prolly be long gone, go to the tailgating sub forum on the front page and check there for tailgating details for all games

• Thank you (+1) 3

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

pretty much the "official", not really, tailgate for away games is wherever Red Pinto Tailgate sets up. If ya Twitters, follow em. If not, i will be posting as soon as they know for sure what lot they will be setting up !This thread will prolly be long gone, go to the tailgating sub forum on the front page and check there for tailgating details for all games

What's their Twitter handle?

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

@Red pinto Tailgate..saw @CajunBillsBacker on Captain Buffalos timeline last night..he is also a good follow for this stuff, and just a great guy!

Thanks for the follow man! Yeah I had a pretty good conversation with Captain Buffalo in PM after those messages. We’re both pretty pumped up for the Nashville trip.

I’m definitely going to setup tailgate, just not sure where  yet. The lot I’ve been looking at is the Main Event parking Lot. I had an email conversation with the owner of the lot and this lot seems to be far more lenient than the regular lots around the stadium as far as tailgating goes. I don’t want to commit on a pass until I know where everyone else is going though.

you can check out the lot at maineventparking.com

Edited by CajunBillsBacker

For those who might be interested, the Red Wings play the Pred's on Saturday night right in the heart of downtown before the Bills game. I just got two seats in the upper level. I’ve been to a few Pred’s games, and loved them! Just a thought.