Josh Allen vs Lamar Jackson comparison: A Thread

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

If Josh Allen and the Bills simply win games - who cares about any of this nonsense?  JA has had a low completion percentage and maybe always will.  He might also bump it up a few percentage points and win games.

...I'd certainly put my eggs in Allen's basket LONG before I'd pull a Ravens' "Jackson is our future" decision.....just do NOT see it.......he is yet another "RG 2 1/8-Kaep soon to be had by DC's" in the making...or perhaps Tuhrod II.....strictly opinion.............

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

actually it really is. Unless you think Nike shouldn't protect themselves from a large negative fall out which is just bad business decision making.  

Actually what they did was pretty unnecessary and has hurt them.  I dont think anyone was gonna stop buying Nike if they didnt hire Kap but I know plenti that will not buy there products for themselves or children currently.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....interesting.....there were TBD pundits fine with taking Jackson at #12......hard pass for me...just do not see it....could be woefully wrong, but I see "one read and run"....

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

@Gugny is the only one I can recall.  Were there others?

I always like a QB to be drafted within one point of his Wonderlic score!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/11/2019 at 9:37 AM, YoloinOhio said:

The comparison is being made because they are both 2nd year QBs who are “dual” threats running and passing. No one knows who will be the better QB yet. 

Umm, I do. I will be shocked if Lamar Jackson winds up having a better NFL career than Josh Allen. 

If you don’t think John Harbaugh would trade Jackson for Allen straight up, right now, you’re fooling yourself. 

Edited by eball

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jim Kelly? ?

and I had Jackson and Allen tied in their draft when they came out.  Both super talented, both have some flaws.  Pretty stupid to make any concrete judgements right now but I will say Jackson has made some questionable off the field things that makes me wonder.  

But Roman is the right OC (and very underrated here) for him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is going to be better and last longer. Jackson is much more frail in his lower half whereas Allen is thick and trunky.

And Jackson is not a natural passer. His delivery is just so awkward. True running back playing QB. He has a lot of work in the passing game to do than Allen. 

And I think Allen is the better runner, anyway.

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jim Kelly's Wonderlic Test Score

I'm with you man, Jim was within one, taken 14th overall.

13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Lamar was taken 32nd overall.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973