IF YOU WERE TO BUILD A QUARTERBACK

ALF

Meet Alexander Honig, the 17-year-old German prospect poised to take college football by storm

At nearly 6'6" and 235 pounds, Honig possesses NFL size as a 17-year-old.

has hands that have been measured at 11 inches

among other schools, Penn State, West Virginia and Massachusetts—the last being a program that offered him his first scholarship earlier this year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844066-if-you-were-to-build-a-quarterback-this-is-what-it-would-look-like?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

On 7/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, ALF said:

Meet Alexander Honig, the 17-year-old German prospect poised to take college football by storm

At nearly 6'6" and 235 pounds, Honig possesses NFL size as a 17-year-old.

has hands that have been measured at 11 inches

among other schools, Penn State, West Virginia and Massachusetts—the last being a program that offered him his first scholarship earlier this year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844066-if-you-were-to-build-a-quarterback-this-is-what-it-would-look-like?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

When you want to build a WR first call @BringBackFergy and @mrags. They are the experts and you'll learn a lot from them.

5 hours ago, Rico said:

6'6" is NFL size, but not for NFL QB.

Flacco won a SB and is 6'6. He isn't a superstar but he is definitely NFL caliber

I also believe Nick Foles is 6'6 and he has won a SB

It's probably not the ideal height but it's possible

Trevor Lawrence will probably be 6'6

On 7/20/2019 at 3:29 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Flacco won a SB and is 6'6. He isn't a superstar but he is definitely NFL caliber

Yeah, it's possible. The 2 guys you mention had great runs to get a ring, I believe they have been the 2 exceptions to the rule.

If all other things were equal between a 6-3" to 6'4" QB prospect and a 6-6" QB prospect, I'm picking the shorter guy each and every time, and a 6'7" and up prospect never. Tyree Jackson makes for a nice local story, but I think having him on the Bills is a waste of time.

Edited by Rico

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, it's possible. The 2 guys you mention had great runs to get a ring, I believe they have been the 2 exceptions to the rule.

If all other things were equal between a 6-3" to 6'4" QB prospect and a 6-6" QB prospect, I'm picking the shorter guy each and every time, and a 6'7" and up prospect never. Tyree Jackson makes for a nice local story, but I think having him on the Bills is a waste of time.

I have watched every snap of tyrees career. He was great for UBs program but as an NFL prospect I really don't see it

He has bad mechanics , streaky accuracy, doesn't possess good touch... UB was loaded and he had streaks of poor play

I had a late 6th early 7th round grade on him and didn't think he had the tools to become an NFL starter

Trevor Lawrence is 6'6 and will be the #1 pick when he declares

I think the problem with trying to assess any QB who comes out of college with less than ideal performance, (like Tyree Jackson) is you don't know his story.  You don't know the coaching he's had .  You don't know what makes him tick.  Because you don't know those things, you can't really tell if he's going to be stuck as a n inadequate QB or he's going to develop.  The odds will tell you Tyree Jackson is never going to be an NFL QB, but with his physical attributes: size, athleticism and arm strength, it always worth a little time and effort to try and figure out what he's got.  Why are his mechanics poor?  Why did he seem unable to throw with touch?  Why are his mechanics bad?  The answer may be he's just a lousy QB, but maybe there's more to it, and the answer means those things might be fixable over time.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think the problem with trying to assess any QB who comes out of college with less than ideal performance, (like Tyree Jackson) is you don't know his story.  You don't know the coaching he's had .  You don't know what makes him tick.  Because you don't know those things, you can't really tell if he's going to be stuck as a n inadequate QB or he's going to develop.  The odds will tell you Tyree Jackson is never going to be an NFL QB, but with his physical attributes: size, athleticism and arm strength, it always worth a little time and effort to try and figure out what he's got.  Why are his mechanics poor?  Why did he seem unable to throw with touch?  Why are his mechanics bad?  The answer may be he's just a lousy QB, but maybe there's more to it, and the answer means those things might be fixable over time.

Lance Leopold is an amazing coach.

Tyree was great for the school. I love UB. Probably too much

His mechanics are poor because he went from 6'0 180 pounds to 6'7 240 pounds in 1 year. The growth spurt made his potential unlimited and gave him a cannon but it completely changed his mechanics

He has super long arms and a super elongated motion .

The touch he can learn but I don't think he used it much because he spent the majority of his RS JR season chucking it deep with all his arm .. even in the mid and short game he was throwing on a dart when accurate.. when he put some touch he was usually off a bit

I wouldn't put that to coaching, it's just his style. The staff got him national attention thanks to coaching and some of the pundits calling him a top 3-4 round pick

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I don't know if he's 6'6 at 17 he's probably not going to be 6'6 when he's up in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.