AFC EAST PREDICTIONS

On 7/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, BarleyNY said:

I made it almost 2 minutes into that video.  Brutal.  I’m not sure what I’d have to be offered to watch the whole thing, but it would have to include several things my wife won’t do. 

Paint the house?

17 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I like Darnold and the offensive pieces around him.

They have a good group of recievers and Bell is game breaker.

They actually hired some highly thought of personnel guys over the last two months... They have what looks to be a real solid foundation in place in the front office. 

Very mediocre OL on paper.  Very questionable HC hire.  A DC who is a legend in his own mind but who really hasn’t put a great defense on the field in some time.

Those are big question marks on a team you expect to take a leap forward.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gase was the hottest HC prospect just 3 years ago before being hired with Miami.

He did have some success there with a group of very mediocre QBs. 

I think the Jets have a chance to have a very good offense. I'm not the biggest Greggo fan either but I expect their defense to be respectable at the very least. They have talent. 

So far Gase’s claim to fame is getting a decent year out of Jay Cutler in Chicago and having success (surprise!) with Peyton Manning.  His play calling in Miami was awful.  Think what you want, but I believe Gase will be out of a job in two years.

Oh, and the Jets have a bad secondary (outside of Adams) also.

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not the biggest Gase fan, but his winning % is about the same as McDermotts as a head coach and he's actually had some success against BB and the Patriots.

I like the Jets potential with Darnold and all the playmakers around him and if your offense is among the better ones in the league chances are you are winning a lot of football games. 

The biggest reason I dislike Gase is also one of the biggest reasons I like McD.  One of these men is a leader, and one is not.

Also, Gase had a much more talented roster in Miami than what McD had his first two seasons in Buffalo.  If your response to that is "well, McD traded or cut talent" then we're speaking in circles again, because that's not the issue.  The issue is "what do you get out of the talent you have" and McD has surpassed Gase in that area (in my opinion).

Yes, much of this discussion is based in speculation and if Gase leads the Jets to prominence I'll admit I was wrong -- but I don't think I'll have to.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, ScottLaw said:

I like Darnold and the offensive pieces around him.

They have a good group of recievers and Bell is game breaker.

i have to admit i was shocked that Darnold was not a tire fire last year- on a team with that many issues he was very good. but i disagree on recievers and i think Bell will have major issues running behind that line since he is too patient unless his line is great.