Albert Haynesworth pleading for a new kidney - in dire need

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Can’t he be on dialysis indefinitely until he gets a match? 

Theoretically. Its expensive tho. May need to get dialysis for a few hours every day. Its a difficult position to be in.

I wish I could help him and anyone else in that scenario. Be an organ donor folks, you could save a life

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boater said:

Yummm... Toradol.

Worked wonders on my back until this damn opioid crisis caused the pain Doc to cut me off.

Ya the opiate crisis and war on drugs has been executed and handled about as poorly as you could handle it. 

Not only to help addicts but screw over legit pain patients that rely on the meds for legit pain. Many times causing them to turn to street drugs . 

Toradol isn't even an opiate! Gives you zero high..If you were having positive results and not getting an unreasonable amount, it's ridiculous your Dr stopped usage.

Edited by JerseyBills

27 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya the opiate crisis and war on drugs has been executed and handled about as poorly as you could handle it. 

Not only to help addicts but screw over legit pain patients that rely on the meds for legit pain. Many times causing them to turn to street drugs . 

Toradol isn't even an opiate! Gives you zero high..If you were having positive results and not getting an unreasonable amount, it's ridiculous your Dr stopped usage.

You can blame the vocal population and their media hounds for demonizing physicians at every turn as “pill pushers.”

• Like (+1) 1

...the glutton "Stomp" extorted money from the game and then coasted (at least it was Boy Danny Snyder), so I have NO sympathy for the "alleged" football player....at the same time I can emphasize a bit with a 38 year old facing life threatening health issues....quite the conundrum......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the glutton "Stomp" extorted money from the game and then coasted (at least it was Boy Danny Snyder), so I have NO sympathy for the "alleged" football player....at the same time I can emphasize a bit with a 38 year old facing life threatening health issues....quite the conundrum......

'extorted money'???    'alleged football player'??? WTF

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I find it odd he is appealing to fans but he left the team which drafted him with bad feelings and went to Washington to be paid a lot to do very little.

It does not seem type of player who fans would want to donate a spare organ to.

For many people it's not always about sports and money, fortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, mrags said:

You’d think with that 100m he got all those years ago he’d have been able to pay someone for a kidney. But I’m sure he wasted all that money on drugs and booze that caused his kidney damage in the first place. 

The guy was a dirty scumbag if I recall correctly. 

He was a dirty player, but this seems a bit extreme.

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ll sell him one, but then I’ll back out and keep the money.

Karma, biotch.

Says the guy who bans me all the time for saying much less worse... That glass house must be nice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The stomp was awful... but outside of that what are you going on about?

The guy negotiated a contract, none of these owners are hurting financially. I'm not sure I see the conundrum in that instance.

The level of hatred some of you possess is honestly astonishing. The guy could die, and some of you are on here like, "well idk if he deserves to die or live because I didn't like him as a football player or the contract he negotiated that the other side agreed to"

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Geez the man's life is in danger and so many of you are bringing up football related stuff as if he deserves an early death as a penalty. The man has a family including young children. Some of you are trash human beings much worse than a man accused of playing dirty in football.

It's par for the course but if I call someone an ####### for making jokes about Andy Reid's son I catch a ban.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I find it odd he is appealing to fans but he left the team which drafted him with bad feelings and went to Washington to be paid a lot to do very little.

It does not seem type of player who fans would want to donate a spare organ to.

If you find yourself with failing organs you may find yourself humble or desperate enough to hope for help anywhere you can find it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

If you find yourself with failing organs you may find yourself humble or desperate enough to hope for help anywhere you can find it.

I doubt he likes begging for a kidney. It has to be an awful position to be in. I hope he can find one and him and the donor both grow old healthy.

Somethings are bigger than the crap I read on here.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Somethings are bigger than the crap I read on here.

Most things are... but this is so much funnier than reading about mock drafts and SB odds in freakin July, isn’t it?

11 hours ago, colin said:

I was wondering about this.

I've read a bunch about how there are racial incompatibilities for blood transfers.  Is is the same or worse for organs?

Yes - it's really not race per se of course, but the genetic markers that are most likely to be similar with someone from the same ethnic or racial background.

8 hours ago, mrags said:

I feel like you’ve hit racism here in multiple levels. Should probably lock this thread. 

Science doesn't care what you feel