2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

If that blocking high in the Atlantic weakens just a bit or shifts more to the east there is a chance nobody gets a direct hit. Some models are showing just that.

Consensus models (this will also automatically update until no longer needed):

lg_spaghetti3.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Special K said:

I'm north of Orlando, and we are still not sure what to expect....very stressful times for the entire peninsula of Florida.(even those of us who are inland, like me).

Two years ago, the remnants of the core of Irma passed right over my house, and we were without power for almost a week...the slow movement of this one is what is so concerning(flooding, prolonged exposure to high winds).

This makes 4 consecutive years that a major hurricane will hit the state, yet on average 800 people a week move to the state....something has got to give.

My folks are in the Ocala area, sister in Jax.  I gave them all the "talk" about getting prepared last nite.  I'd start doing the same.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

If that blocking high in the Atlantic weakens just a bit or shifts more to the east there is a chance nobody gets a direct hit. Some models are showing just that.

Consensus models (this will also automatically update until no longer needed):

lg_spaghetti3.jpg

Looks like it's heading straight for you know who.?

The United States has "Battered Wife Syndrome."  He'll just say he's sorry.  Bring roses... And we will all be spared... Until next trolling temper tantrun.  Thanx Dorian.  Send us a picture of Dorian Gray too while you're at it!  We can just let that age while your actual worldly transgressions go unabated.  /smh

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

LoL... There has to be a way we as humans can "steer" that Muthafooger!  Gotta be a way... And no... Not going all Orange on you.  I realize nuking that bad ass heathen Dorian ain't the answer!? 

We're Americans dammit, we can do anything until we erroneously send it hurling into Ireland!  Oooops!

I put the Track with expected intensities, the main spaghetti model, and the consensus model in the first post of this thread. They will update automatically when new data arrives so it will be a complete update for anyone potentially in the path of Dorian... that will be one easy click to be current with the situation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bandito said:

It was tongue in cheek. Actually the government researched doing so well before Trump became President. But don't let facts get in your way

I'm well aware. And wasn't concerned with "facts" when I posted it for that part of my post was also "tongue in cheek" But you also, don't let facts get in your way.   ?

14 hours ago, Special K said:

I'm north of Orlando, and we are still not sure what to expect....very stressful times for the entire peninsula of Florida.(even those of us who are inland, like me).

Two years ago, the remnants of the core of Irma passed right over my house, and we were without power for almost a week...the slow movement of this one is what is so concerning(flooding, prolonged exposure to high winds).

This makes 4 consecutive years that a major hurricane will hit the state, yet on average 800 people a week move to the state....something has got to give.

I'm just east of Tampa... I was watching the Bills/Jets opening game when Irma was hitting, same place I sit here typing right now. Oaks in the back yard were cracking and then coming down. One eye on the game, the other watching the turmoil in the back yard.

2 years later we open with the Jets and now this. ***** the Jets.

My sister is just shutting things off... Shutters closed, power and water off and leaving Stuart now.  She's right on the ocean, yards away.  Said... It was a ghost town.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

This thing is basically going to stall over Florida as of now.

Yikes.

If you are in Florida, please be safe.

Two highs.  One over the Ocean above.  One over The States.  Got no where to go, being blocked.  Like poster said, best bet, ride the groove between them if the high over Bermuda nudges east.

Just now, row_33 said:

or your place?

A. I'm pretty sure the owner is fully insured.

B. It's an f'ing golf course - get over it

The shame is that in order for that tiny piece of universal karma to happen people in West Palm Beach and several other much less well off places will get destroyed as well and they won't have the resources to that the owner of mar-a-lago does and I'm pretty certain that the owner of mar-a-lago doesn't give a damn about them to help them either so it would be best if that didn't happen. So, yeah, hurricanes are bad and I don't want people's stuff destroyed or for them to die.  I don't think the owner of mar-a-lago will be overly inconvenienced either way.