2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

It's not a hurricane.

Low pressure systems meander all around, and are driven by other pressure systems and the jet stream. 

Hurricanes typically start from the west coast of Africa, drift southwest into the Carib, gain their strength and move NW.

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It's not a hurricane.

Low pressure systems meander all around, and are driven by other pressure systems and the jet stream. 

Hurricanes typically start from the west coast of Africa, drift southwest into the Carib, gain their strength and move NW.

Hurricane is a storm with sustained winds of 74+ mph

Doesnt matter where it comes from.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hurricane is a storm with sustained winds of 74+ mph

Doesnt matter where it comes from.

Pretty much this, have seen a ton of them form in the gulf. Been affected by probably 15 of these mofo's since moving to Florida and we are doing our best to get the hell out of this state asap.

39 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

That is weird...........I've never seen anything like it. If that develops, life has changed yet again.

I don't think I have either, a new "spin" on things.

Pretty much everywhere I look has it developing into a Cat.1.

TD-2-track.png

https://blog.myfoxhurricane.com/2019/07/10/tropical-depression-soon-to-form-likely-to-strengthen-and-move-west/?fbclid=IwAR0WxxHslPVWbwlef-_RYLVARzR_etSZ_r7gM74nw7pOjM83VAZb22yn9Rk

"It should be noted that the current forecast from the National Hurricane Center intensifies this into a category 1 hurricane."

I've been around the world and I still don't know the difference between a hurricane compared to a typhoon...I don't think there is one.

Regarding this storm,unlike the Katrina event..this one is looking like it's going to cause massive water damage to the FQ and the Garden District..sad but sooner or later ..this was going to happen.

rester en securite cajuns

20 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I've been around the world and I still don't know the difference between a hurricane compared to a typhoon...I don't think there is one.

Regarding this storm,unlike the Katrina event..this one is looking like it's going to cause massive water damage to the FQ and the Garden District..sad but sooner or later ..this was going to happen.

It has to do with where it was formed in the world. They have 3 names for it depending on where it took power. Hurricanes, Cyclones, Typhoons.

25 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Pretty sure is just a different word for here or there but I believe that they spin clockwise south of the equator, like toilets do.

Edited by T&C

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

It isn't complicated.

In the north, wind flows counterclockwise around a low.

Names are based on where they occur, but they are the same.

Actually it's about what oceans they are in. Has nothing to do with the way wind flows.

Hurricanes- the North Atlantic Ocean, the Northeast Pacific Ocean east of the dateline, or the South Pacific Ocean east of 160E

Typhoons- the Northwest Pacific Ocean west of the dateline

Cyclones- the Southwest Pacific Ocean west of 160°E, Southeast Indian Ocean

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

It's not a hurricane.

....straight to the nearest trailer park. 

At least, that’s what the media will show you.....

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Actually it's about what oceans they are in. Has nothing to do with the way wind flows.

Hurricanes- the North Atlantic Ocean, the Northeast Pacific Ocean east of the dateline, or the South Pacific Ocean east of 160E

Typhoons- the Northwest Pacific Ocean west of the dateline

Cyclones- the Southwest Pacific Ocean west of 160°E, Southeast Indian Ocean

That sounds complicated.

18 minutes ago, T&C said:

That sounds complicated.

160E is right past Hawaii

Other than that it is the Oceans themselves. 

You almost never see hurricanes in the Southern Atlantic. Since hurricanes have been tracked only one has ever formed and it hit Brazil... It was also called a Hurricane so I guess you can say ALL of the Atlantic Ocean.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

160E is right past Hawaii

Other than that it is the Oceans themselves. 

You almost never see hurricanes in the Southern Atlantic. Since hurricanes have been tracked only one has ever formed and it hit Brazil... It was also called a Hurricane so I guess you can say ALL of the Atlantic Ocean.

I was joking... another poster came on kind of heavy, made me laugh.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

This storm is moving so slow it will drown these cities and towns. Landfall isn't predicted until Saturday and it has been raining for days already.

The wife hates when I say this but why in the hell did someone decide to build NO below sea level when they are on the gulf. What do you expect? Plus, all of the freaking money spent to keep that place afloat.