Sign in to follow this  
T master

Will our Young Corp Player be Able to Climb the Beane Stalk for Their Pot of Gold ??

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I hope we don’t have another Russ Brandon type situation on our hands!!!  lol

I doubt it.  The front office now in place seems concerned only with football, and not any other ‘games’.

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is where it gets interesting, especially in the secondary (as several have already noted). NO WAY do both Hyde AND Poyer get extended (IMO). While their versatility and interchangeability as a safety tandem is special (as highlighted by Belichick, among others), the Bills can't pay two safeties top dollar without making significant compromises elsewhere.

Plus, they're both 28 already (2 seasons left for Poyer's deal--at half Hyde's price--and 3 for Hyde). If Poyer isn't extended before next season, then I'll bet he leaves in FA after 2020, gets replaced by a younger, cheaper option, and the Bills look to extend Hyde similar to what they just did with Hughes.  

That is interesting.  Who is valued more in that safety tandem, Poyer or Hyde?  At this juncture, my guess would be Hyde.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That is interesting.  Who is valued more in that safety tandem, Poyer or Hyde?  At this juncture, my guess would be Hyde.

While Poyer seems to play closer to the ball, and therefore gathers more flash plays/stats, I agree that Hyde is the more valued property (at least from a coaching perspective). He was McD's first big FA acquisition.