Will our Young Corp Player be Able to Climb the Beane Stalk for Their Pot of Gold ??

There’s a couple ways things can go. Glad it’s still a ways away from real debate. 

I would consider the safeties gone IMO for no other reason than you can get good players at cheaper prices there than re signing Hyde or Poyer to very large deals and secondaries  are made and destroyed by the teams pass rush. 

Shoot when Schwartz was here he got mckelvin looking like an all pro corner cause the line got pressure immediately every play and he only had to cover 2-3 seconds a play.

Tre has to get an extension because they have to set the example they’ll give big money to those drafted. Beane has shown he sets a price on a position/need/player and what he feels it’s worth and won’t budge above that. I like Hyde and Poyer and I’m sure it’ll depend on what kind of money they want but I would expect they’ll walk to a very fat contract from another team. Fun debates on the horizon for sure on these kinda subjects. 

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If the Bills continue to draft well they can let players go that would be worth resigning. 

Pick and choose would nice. Feeling forced to do anything tells you that you have a bad organization.

Good post.  I don't believe Beane will be pushed into a corner for any player except maybe for a franchise QB.  When you look at the best teams with the best cap management, they have about six guys that are highly paid because they carry the team.  If the Bills are working on a similar plan, it isn't too hard to guess who Beane may value and pay highly in the future.  This doesn't mean that they won't pay some guys well but not at a level that elite players receive.  Other than White, most of the recent draft picks and free agents still have a lot to prove.  This includes Dawkins, Allen, Edmonds, and Milano.  As fans we get emotionally attached to players, want to keep them even when the price is higher than the value of the player.  GMs can't allow that to happen or they eventually crash the team and lose their jobs.  Beane appears to be too smart to go down that road.

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Players like Tre White, Poyer, Hyde, and Milano I expect to be re-signed.

This is where it gets interesting, especially in the secondary (as several have already noted). NO WAY do both Hyde AND Poyer get extended (IMO). While their versatility and interchangeability as a safety tandem is special (as highlighted by Belichick, among others), the Bills can't pay two safeties top dollar without making significant compromises elsewhere.

Plus, they're both 28 already (2 seasons left for Poyer's deal--at half Hyde's price--and 3 for Hyde). If Poyer isn't extended before next season, then I'll bet he leaves in FA after 2020, gets replaced by a younger, cheaper option, and the Bills look to extend Hyde similar to what they just did with Hughes.  

18 hours ago, T master said:

The Bills have a lot of good players on the roster that Bean & company have drafted & given that our GM's way of building a team is through the draft when our younger yet more established corp players come due for their second contract given the amounts of these contracts do you think Bean will be able to come up with a contract that will allow them to stay or will they like other good Bills players of the past be on different teams ?

There are a number of players on the team now that could go for the big bucks & their play will back that up but i wonder just how much is to much for Bean to keep them

around ?

Tre White, Matt Millano, Jordan Poyer, Dawkins, are among those that come to mind first because they have been here for a few years & are closer to the ends of their contracts then the beginning of them, we have other corp players like Edmunds, Allen, Ford, Oliver that if they play to their respective draft status will also be among the list of players that could be looking at astronomical contracts .

I would think that QB & LT would be among those that could warrant the most cash when it comes time to re up but if Edmunds becomes a Ray Lewis type of player for the Bills he could also ask for more than some when in the negotiation process .

To this point Bean has been almost masterful at building contracts that benefit the Bills & leave them a out which has been the total opposite of past GM's the Bills have employed & i would think he will continue doing just that having the Bills financial best interest as a top motivating factor but the NFL contracts & cap both continue to increase so i just wonder how much is to much for Bean / 

What do you all think as Bills fans ? Will Bean be able to keep his young corp players at a decent contract keeping up with what the other players are asking in the NFL or who could be allowed to seek greener (contracts) pastures with other teams ? 

You say "corp players." Do you mean "core players" or "corps of players" or something else I don't understand?

Assuming you mean "core," I think it's an interesting topic, but I don't see them making their mind up about anyone they have to have before around mid-season except for maybe Tre.

I suspect he'll try to sign guys a year early so he can get them a bit under market value at a moment when it would benefit both team and player. I think they'll be forced to spend serious money on Tre, Edmunds and Dawkins of the bunch you mentioned, if they decide to re-sign them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is where it gets interesting, especially in the secondary (as several have already noted). NO WAY do both Hyde AND Poyer get extended (IMO). While their versatility and interchangeability as a safety tandem is special (as highlighted by Belichick, among others), the Bills can't pay two safeties top dollar without making significant compromises elsewhere.

Plus, they're both 28 already (2 seasons left for Poyer's deal--at half Hyde's price--and 3 for Hyde). If Poyer isn't extended before next season, then I'll bet he leaves in FA after 2020, gets replaced by a younger, cheaper option, and the Bills look to extend Hyde similar to what they just did with Hughes.  

That is interesting.  Who is valued more in that safety tandem, Poyer or Hyde?  At this juncture, my guess would be Hyde.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That is interesting.  Who is valued more in that safety tandem, Poyer or Hyde?  At this juncture, my guess would be Hyde.

While Poyer seems to play closer to the ball, and therefore gathers more flash plays/stats, I agree that Hyde is the more valued property (at least from a coaching perspective). He was McD's first big FA acquisition.