SI very early 2020 mock draft

(I think) I get what Promo is saying.  

The Brownies have not done anything major to be included in SB talk.  They brought in talent sure. 

IMO too many unique personalities can cause problems.  Remember the Bickering Bills? 

The Bills should be given similar "credit" for improvement as the Brownies.    The Browns had the receiving corps, the Bills didn't.  The Bills brought in 3, 4, 5, 6 guys to fill receiver roles? 

I tend to lean towards Promo's view.  Browns were still not a playoff teamat the end of the year, and now they have to walk the extreme line of blending all those awful diva personalities, Mayfield included, along with a few malcontents thrown in.  I would say the odds of a total implosion are much greater than the odds of everything humming like a finely oiled machine leading them to a division title and the playoffs.  Not trying to be too Billsy, but I actually like our chances better than theirs for the post-season this year.

No one in the media will favor The Bills to win the AFCE until Brady retires. The Browns division doesn’t have a Smaug the Dragon sitting on its pile of gold like the Patsies*** do in our division. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, metbill said:

I tend to lean towards Promo's view.  Browns were still not a playoff teamat the end of the year, and now they have to walk the extreme line of blending all those awful diva personalities, Mayfield included, along with a few malcontents thrown in.  I would say the odds of a total implosion are much greater than the odds of everything humming like a finely oiled machine leading them to a division title and the playoffs.  Not trying to be too Billsy, but I actually like our chances better than theirs for the post-season this year.

Mayfield included,

I had thought that even last season that Mayfield may have had an attitude.  Now that he just got married, I think his young wife will keep him in line.  

7 hours ago, Chemical said:

They added better players in the offseason. Why is it so hard to comprehend?

So did we, but when the Bills do it it doesn't count.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

(I think) I get what Promo is saying.  

The Brownies have not done anything major to be included in SB talk.  They brought in talent sure. 

IMO too many unique personalities can cause problems.  Remember the Bickering Bills? 

The Bills should be given similar "credit" for improvement as the Brownies.    The Browns had the receiving corps, the Bills didn't.  The Bills brought in 3, 4, 5, 6 guys to fill receiver roles? 

My point is quite simple. There is a double standard when projecting the Bills. 

On 7/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, Bill from NYC said:

If the Bills were to draft Jeudy, you would soon be one of the happiest people on the planet.

What if they traded up for him? Because if the Bills end 9-7 or so I can see them moving up for a receiver. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So did we, but when the Bills do it it doesn't count.

My point is quite simple. There is a double standard when projecting the Bills. 

I meant they added better players THAN the Bills. They have at least 3-4 players on their team that are better than anyone on the Bills. Garrett, OBJ, Landry, Bitonio, Richardson, Vernon. Not to mention at the most important position in all of sports they SEEM to have the edge after 1 year. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What if they traded up for him? Because if the Bills end 9-7 or so I can see them moving up for a receiver. 

Even at 9-7, trading up might really not be necessary in the 2020 draft. Alabama has no less than 3 splendid receivers and from what I understand there are lots of other top notch wide receivers that will be draft eligible.

This might be the best draft for wide receivers that I have ever seen, or so it would seem. 

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

I meant they added better players THAN the Bills. They have at least 3-4 players on their team that are better than anyone on the Bills. Garrett, OBJ, Landry, Bitonio, Richardson, Vernon. Not to mention at the most important position in all of sports they SEEM to have the edge after 1 year. 

So a 1-31 team adds a bunch of name players and they are crowned champs. None of this "respect is earned on the field" nonsense for them. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So a 1-31 team adds a bunch of name players and they are crowned champs. None of this "respect is earned on the field" nonsense for them. 

Who crowned them champs? They were 7-8-1 last year. Went 5-2 down the stretch. How can you get so much wrong in one sentence?

They are a better team than the Bills right now. This is based on Vegas betting. Would you put money on the Bills having a better record?

Also, Mock drafts this early are only to show the prospects that are on the radar at this point. No one thinks this is an attempt at an accurate projection.

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If Allen develops this year then yes I'd be fine with that. My cardinal rule is don't trade future high picks to move up in the draft unless you know you have a QB. That is my problem with the Watkins trade, more than the fact that he ended up being a disappointment. Plus if Allen does develop this year then 2020 ideally is our Super Bowl window year. I won't care about parting with 2021 picks at that point.

4 hours ago, Chemical said:

Who crowned them champs? They were 7-8-1 last year. Went 5-2 down the stretch. How can you get so much wrong in one sentence?

They are a better team than the Bills right now. This is based on Vegas betting. Would you put money on the Bills having a better record?

Also, Mock drafts this early are only to show the prospects that are on the radar at this point. No one thinks this is an attempt at an accurate projection.

The folks picking them to win the AFC North for starters.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:22 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. So what has Cleveland earned? Just asking.

I understand what you are trying to say, but anyone paying at least SOME attention to the league should understand why Cleveland is getting the hype, whether it's "deserved" or not. If Josh Allen in year  two can match, over 16 games, what Baker did in 14 last year, people on this board will be giving him a gold jacket. I mean for the love of god, there is a thread going on right now saying that Josh Allen will be the MVP next year. I really don't think we are in a position to be criticizing other teams getting chatter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1