RIP Rip Torn

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

You can dodge a wrench, but can't dodge death.

At least he didn't die from getting crushed by two tons of irony.

RIP Rip

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Legendary actor Rip Torn has died. He was 88. Torn died “peacefully” at his Lakeville, Connecticut home

can't ask for much better way to pass on than that I guess 

Was he in the right house?

Not seeing the obit, here it is

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/jul/10/rip-torn-obituary

Found the below part interesting. Anyways, RIP (no pun intended)

"In 1969, Dennis Hopper offered Torn the role of the pot-smoking lawyer in Easy Rider. Torn withdrew from the project after he and Hopper got into a bitter argument in a New York restaurant ending with Hopper pulling a knife on Torn. As a result, Torn was replaced by Jack Nicholson, whose appearance in the film launched him into stardom. In 1994, Hopper told Jay Leno on The Tonight Show that it was Torn who had pulled a knife on him. Torn sued. A judge heard from both sides, and from witnesses who had been at the restaurant, and decided to award Torn $475,000. When Hopper appealed, another judge doubled the award."

• Like (+1) 2

Had a serious temper and alcohol problem

Don't know why, but everytime I saw his name I always got him confused with the other old guy who had a moustache, would yell and throw confetti...... He was at the end of one of the Jackass movies.....

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Don't know why, but everytime I saw his name I always got him confused with the other old guy who had a moustache, would yell and throw confetti...... He was at the end of one of the Jackass movies.....

Rip Taylor.  I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title.

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I actually thought that was who this thread was about until I saw the first if you can dodge a wrench comment lol

• 2 months later...