Sunday Ticket

nucci

6 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

So you do not have any of those streaming services now? I'm not sure how your DTV service is so cheap considering my taxes and fees alone added up to almost $50.00/ mo.

I currently have nothing but DIRECTV. My last bill (and the bills prior to that) was $47/month. I have the choice package I believe. It isn;t the lowest package but it isn’t the highest package either. I think its a middle of the road one. My main problem with streaming is I really couldn’t find something that had every channel we desire, and that we currently have with DIRECTV. I was calling back in December to cancel and cut the cord after 5 years with DIRECTV. But they kept my bill cheap and gave me the free Sunday Ticket for this year. In return I had to agree to a 1 year contract, which expires this December. At that time I will call to cancel again and see if they give me the same deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2019 at 8:39 PM, klos63 said:

You still need sunday ticket to watch it, you just don't need a dish.  Same as my Amazon firestick

probably redditt.com - that's how I watch baseball and hockey

I just did an online chat. Got the same deal as Nucci.  Lowballed me at first and i just mentioned what I got before and what Nucci got and they gave me the same thing. I also asked for movie channels. Just be nice about it - not to be greedy but.... it never hurts to ask..., Showtime, Starz and Cimemax free for 3 months and discounted HBO for the year.  it's painless and they expect it. Just make sure you ask for what you want and you'll likely get it. You'll feel great after.

Did you actually say that you want what Nucci got? Like not by his name but you know what i mean 

19 hours ago, Augie said:

I complain about the cost, because I know what I pay is obscene, and I’m too lazy to fight the battle. (Maybe this year...) The truth is I like the reliability and even some redundancy. I dislike AT&T for daily use. It’s a bit crappy at times (service sucks ALWAYS). I have DTV only for Bills games, but it’s my backup when AT&T cuts out on occasion. 

I’m not a reckless spender in many areas, but this is clearly one.  I may be sufficiently inspired to make the ugly phone call. I used to take on this battle years ago, but I’m tired......

Augie if you are watching games by yourself i would definitely consider dropping DTV completely and just going to a straight streaming service. You could watch game at a Bills bar in ATL and still spend less money on the year.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, psuscott16 said:

There are many non legal ways to do it.

It seems that the non legal ways are never reliable. Either the quality sucks or you get disconnected. You end up f'ing around way too much to get any enjoyment out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Augie if you are watching games by yourself i would definitely consider dropping DTV completely and just going to a straight streaming service. You could watch game at a Bills bar in ATL and still spend less money on the year.

You may be underestimating my ability to consume food and drink!  ?

I kid!  I know I could get by cheaper, but I know how I prefer the game experience. I enjoy games at the big Bills bar here, but if I’m not AT a game I prefer being in charge of my food, drink and the remote. It’s worth it to me to be in control. DTV is fairly reliable and gives me more peace of mind than streaming. So I pay......

• Haha (+1) 1

Our service was out for almost three weeks before those clowns finally sent a tech to fix the outside equipment which was fried by a electrical strike.  Really want to cut the chord but hate going to bars and hoping they will have the Bills game on.  Their customer service is rude and sucks  I'll try this online chat shenanigan but not very hopeful

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What did you say to get it for free??

Had to play the game. Took probably 30+ minutes on the chat. They started by asking if I had a figure in mind, to which I replied I’d like to keep my bill where it is now for another 12 months. (Last year I got ticket covered plus some extra discounts). They started with like 16 off a month for 6 months for the ticket. I said I was hoping for more than that, loyal customer, blah blah blah. They  made two more offers that were lower, but I’d still end up paying around $120 for the ticket. I pulled out the heavy artillery and said I never ask for any other discounts, I have outdated equipment and I’m still waiting on a service call to permanently mount the dish at our new house 3 months later. And that I’ll cancel service if they’re willing to treat a loyal customer like that. So finally I ended up getting ticket for free and my bill won’t change for 6 months. I wanted 12 but I guess I’ll play the game again in 6 mo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Did the online chat this morning. I typed "Customer Loyalty" into the chat, received an automated response and was forwarded to 'Nilton'....

After 5 minutes of administrative bull, he asked what we were looking for. My first goal was to secure our cable at a reasonable cost. We get the most basic SELECT package for 54 bucks (on promotion). I simply stated that I thought it was a fair price for what we were receiving, especially given the CBS blackout, and hoped to extend the promotion.  In another five, he said it was possible and locked us in for another 12 months at that price. It was simple, pleasant and worth the 20 minutes of time while I put down the crossword and drank my coffee.

What was WEIRD, however, was that following this dialogue I immediately asked about Sunday Ticket and RedZone. Nilton, repeatedly states, that there was NO WAY to do a promotional price or deal at this time. I even asked if he could sign me up for the regular package at full price and he said NO! He continually told me to try back closer to the season when prices and promotions will be at their peak value. I find this extremely weird and have never experienced this before. Even after expressing that I know others have received deals and promotions and asked as to why it was possible for others but not our account, I was met with:

Nilton: I can not assure you that information but no worries, I assure you that we will have promotions available soon for the NFL.

Anyone ever experienced this before?!

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What was WEIRD, however, was that following this dialogue I immediately asked about Sunday Ticket and RedZone. Nilton, repeatedly states, that there was NO WAY to do a promotional price or deal at this time. I even asked if he could sign me up for the regular package at full price and he said NO! He continually told me to try back closer to the season when prices and promotions will be at their peak value. I find this extremely weird and have never experienced this before. Even after expressing that I know others have received deals and promotions and asked as to why it was possible for others but not our account, I was met with:

Nilton: I can not assure you that information but no worries, I assure you that we will have promotions available soon for the NFL.

Yes, I've had that told to me in years past.   The whole thing is a crap shoot...depends on the CSR, the day and who knows what really else.

12 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Did the online chat this morning. I typed "Customer Loyalty" into the chat, received an automated response and was forwarded to 'Nilton'....

After 5 minutes of administrative bull, he asked what we were looking for. My first goal was to secure our cable at a reasonable cost. We get the most basic SELECT package for 54 bucks (on promotion). I simply stated that I thought it was a fair price for what we were receiving, especially given the CBS blackout, and hoped to extend the promotion.  In another five, he said it was possible and locked us in for another 12 months at that price. It was simple, pleasant and worth the 20 minutes of time while I put down the crossword and drank my coffee.

I have - it was last year. so annoying 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/10/2019 at 2:46 PM, cr02pica said:

I actually have DirecTV Now and found that if you get an Android box you can also download a VPN app to trick the box into thinking your in Buffalo. Not complicated at all, just logged into my VPN and chose an IP in Buffalo. I hope it still works come time for the season, but if not, I'll just resort to the NFL Reddit streams like I've done for a few years now. I'd be willing to pay for SundayTicket.TV if they offered it to everyone, but I'm not paying $100+ a month for a TV package any more!

You can just buy Sunday Ticket Streaming without being a Direct TV customer with a dish. 

Did the chat today, took about 5 minutes.  Told them my financial situation has changed and without a bill reduction I would need to cancel and the entire reason I have it is for SUNDAY TICKET.

They signed me up for SUNDAY TICKET MAX at $69.95 per month for 6 months ($419) -

Then gave me $15 off Sunday ticket for 6 months ($90) and $30 of my entire bill for 12 months ($360) for a total discount of $450. 

Which means I get Sunday ticket MAX for free this season.  All I pay is my normal bill, which is $67.98 a month after taxes for (1) DVR 4K receiver plus their most basic channel package.  Over the course of the year I pay a total of $840 to DirecTV.  If I was to go to bars to watch the Bills game with my wife we would average a food / drinks / tip tab of about $125 a week (we like to live well!) minus the 2 times they play jets (on my local stations) and 1 time they have Monday or Thursday night game (So 13 bar tabs at about $125 each), I would be spending approx. $1625 a year at bars watching bills football.  So In essence I get to save 50% of my yearly NFL budget, watch the games in the comfort of my home and do as I please while I'm there.  Wanna smoke a joint and watch the game pants-less?  No problemo, I'm home!  I get the audio for my game, since most bars have the home team Audio on I'm deep in Jets / Giants territory).  And when the weather is nice I can drag a TV outside with a long HDMI and extension cord and watch the game from my backyard.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm north of the border, in Quebec. I used to see 8-12 Bills games a year on TV, now it's 6-8 and I hate it. Patriots have the lion share. I watch some games online, but yeah, sometimes there are streaming issues, or I miss the first 10-15 minutes till I find the reliable one.

I must not be alone to prefer to record the game, start to watch it about 60-80 minutes later. I can skip all the ads and be live by the 4th quarter. Mostly, my kids will watch it with me on TV but not so much if from the web. So I might pay up t his year. I want to see ALL the games. Internet is there though, but it's just not the same. No Bills backer bars in my area or I'd go for sure. 

26 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I'm north of the border, in Quebec. I used to see 8-12 Bills games a year on TV, now it's 6-8 and I hate it. Patriots have the lion share. I watch some games online, but yeah, sometimes there are streaming issues, or I miss the first 10-15 minutes till I find the reliable one.

I must not be alone to prefer to record the game, start to watch it about 60-80 minutes later. I can skip all the ads and be live by the 4th quarter. Mostly, my kids will watch it with me on TV but not so much if from the web. So I might pay up t his year. I want to see ALL the games. Internet is there though, but it's just not the same. No Bills backer bars in my area or I'd go for sure. 

Have you tried this...I used when I was in Germany for Thanksgiving and watched Bills-Dolphins on my phone

https://watch.dazn.com/en-US/sports/

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:14 PM, plenzmd1 said:

the streams just scare me from a reliability standpoint..4th quarter tight game..i don't want to be hunting down another stream. May not happen often, and it may be just me not understanding how far they have come...but remember a couple years ago trying to watch a preseason game on a reddit stream...bad experience

FWIW, I haven't had any reliability issues in the past few years, using the "online only" version.

About that, their "verification" for DTV service is just an online question "Can you get DTV?".  No, we good :D

I did get the email from them last week saying I was getting a "deal":

To show our appreciation for loyal fans like you, we are providing you with a special rate for the 2019 season NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV TO GO service. 

You will receive a confirmation email after each monthly payment of $69.49 (four easy payments total, using the same payment method from last season; the first charge will occur in mid-August, a few weeks before the start of the season). 

Which is funny, because last year I paid $63.12 ($252.48). The crazy part is I live in VT, so there's 2 games on regular TV; I go to the opener, so 1 more I'm not watching; I typically take vacation to Europe in the fall, so 2 more "no watching" games; there is always at least a couple on TV so there are 2 more "DTV blacked out" games.  So like $250 for half the season...but damn, I DO like knowing I have access to watch my Bills! :D:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1