Sunday Ticket

nucci

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll still go to my BILLS Bar and watch.  If they win, we celebrate together,  if not, we may find something else to do, and not bother going to watch.  That avoids the annual groveling with Direct TV,  

Based on the season. If the BILLS Win, I lose, because the bar bill is higher.  If they lose, I at least break even, or could end up a couple dollars ahead.

Plus, for the price the Sunday ticket, you can get wings and a few beers if you go to a bar. The main downside is you usually have to get to the bar early to get a decent seat.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Yes but I don't think it matters. I know non AT&T people getting the same offers

I hope I'm wrong, but after reading posts on this board and over at DBS Talk, seems the best deals are going to existing AT&T wireless customers.

We'll see what happens when I do the dance with the AT&T next month.

5 minutes ago, kevnallen said:

Plus, for the price the Sunday ticket, you can get wings and a few beers if you go to a bar. The main downside is you usually have to get to the bar early to get a decent seat.

or sit is the comfort of your home with same wings and beer and not have to worry about getting a decent seat...plus switch to other games or Red Zone Channel....best channel ever created

39 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I hope I'm wrong, but after reading posts on this board and over at DBS Talk, seems the best deals are going to existing AT&T wireless customers.

We'll see what happens when I do the dance with the AT&T next month.

I am not an At&t wireless customer, I received a great deal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I didn't grovel.  I asked if I could get the same discounts as last year and they said yes. I can't watch Bills games with strangers...I don't really like people

Being at a bar, after a couple pops, it's easier to "like" the unlikeable.   It's also better if the BILLS win.I

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have conventional DTV and SR maz package, as well as the app on Firestick..on Sundays I have two TVs on the porch..one hooked up to dish box, one just uses Firestick so Bills on one TV and Redzone on the other

Sounds almost identical to my setup.  Main TV (DTV) on the Bills, Firestick TV on Red Zone (since there is usually a delay).

19 hours ago, Augie said:

Painless? That sounds....confusing to me! I dreaded the process so much I just rolled over years ago and pay whatever they charge (which my wife likes to tell me is A LOT!). 

Maybe I try again this year. The ONLY reason I have DTV is to watch Bills games. I have lousy AT&T four daily use, but they dumped NFLN so at draft I went back to DTV a bit. I’m an idiot, but I subsidize the rest of you by paying full freight, so you’re welcome.....

You and me both!

16 hours ago, albanyfan said:

I just took out a new two-year discounted contract with the “choice” cable package, that includes the free Sunday ticket. And, I’m leaving an overpriced cable package. The directv price is low enough to cover the $240 penalty when I drop it for the 2nd year. Once I pay the penalty...I think...I’m once again, a new customer, qualifying for the free Sunday ticket for the next year and reduced rates. So... no haggling, but I’m out the $240...

so..am I thinking this out right? 

As of last year there was no annual contract, that must have changed.

I asked a rep about that a couple years ago when I was indeed in a contract, the whole cancel and then re-up to get ticket for free scheme. She said I couldnt do that, you had to be a new customer without direc tv for at least 6 months...

I actually have DirecTV Now and found that if you get an Android box you can also download a VPN app to trick the box into thinking your in Buffalo. Not complicated at all, just logged into my VPN and chose an IP in Buffalo. I hope it still works come time for the season, but if not, I'll just resort to the NFL Reddit streams like I've done for a few years now. I'd be willing to pay for SundayTicket.TV if they offered it to everyone, but I'm not paying $100+ a month for a TV package any more!

1 hour ago, cr02pica said:

I actually have DirecTV Now and found that if you get an Android box you can also download a VPN app to trick the box into thinking your in Buffalo. Not complicated at all, just logged into my VPN and chose an IP in Buffalo. I hope it still works come time for the season, but if not, I'll just resort to the NFL Reddit streams like I've done for a few years now. I'd be willing to pay for SundayTicket.TV if they offered it to everyone, but I'm not paying $100+ a month for a TV package any more!

thats a great idea..I am not quite sure what you mean by an android box..care to help us elderly folks out?

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, used to be could only stream if for some reason you could not get a dish to work. Now that they have a streaming service, maybe you can stream only. Having said that , I do not believe you can buy stand alone Sunday Ticket unless you are a student, but again I can be wrong there. 

They are kind of lax on the whole “can only buy the streaming option if your place doesn’t allow a dish/no signal” I’ve heard of some people using a friend’s address and what not. It’s a nice little option but with other ways to “acquire” the game I’ve moved away from doing Sunday Ticket.  And having just recently moved to Vegas 2 weeks ago, I know of two Bills Backers bars here and can always watch at a sports book. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

They are kind of lax on the whole “can only buy the streaming option if your place doesn’t allow a dish/no signal” I’ve heard of some people using a friend’s address and what not. It’s a nice little option but with other ways to “acquire” the game I’ve moved away from doing Sunday Ticket.  And having just recently moved to Vegas 2 weeks ago, I know of two Bills Backers bars here and can always watch at a sports book. 

the streams just scare me from a reliability standpoint..4th quarter tight game..i don't want to be hunting down another stream. May not happen often, and it may be just me not understanding how far they have come...but remember a couple years ago trying to watch a preseason game on a reddit stream...bad experience

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the streams just scare me from a reliability standpoint..4th quarter tight game..i don't want to be hunting down another stream. May not happen often, and it may be just me not understanding how far they have come...but remember a couple years ago trying to watch a preseason game on a reddit stream...bad experience

I complain about the cost, because I know what I pay is obscene, and I’m too lazy to fight the battle. (Maybe this year...) The truth is I like the reliability and even some redundancy. I dislike AT&T for daily use. It’s a bit crappy at times (service sucks ALWAYS). I have DTV only for Bills games, but it’s my backup when AT&T cuts out on occasion. 

I’m not a reckless spender in many areas, but this is clearly one.  I may be sufficiently inspired to make the ugly phone call. I used to take on this battle years ago, but I’m tired......

20 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Our area is experiencing a black out of CBS through DTV currently due to lack of a contract and a fall-out in negotiations. I’m going to use this as a bargaining chip for sure . However, I’ll likely ask for what I have now just to continue with the deal (60 a month)

We are currently in a dispute with NBC, FOX, and ABC.  I definitely will be using that as a bargaining chip.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:46 AM, MikeSpeed said:

After 12 years I finally cancelled my Direct TV service. I found myself only watching a handful of cable channels. Most of what I watch is on the national networks that I can get on an antenna. I'm losing a couple of shows I like, but not enough to justify the cost. It's the Sunday ticket that's going to hurt, which is the only reason I kept it for so long. I'll most likely sign up for it online unless I can find other options.

Cancelling my DTV this week as well. Will use the current Sat. base for a HD antenna. 

There is to many ways to stream games free online now a days to rectify the ridiculous cost of DTV when already getting bent over for internet service.

Edited by Real McCoy

27 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Cancelling my DTV this week as well. Will use the current Sat. base for a HD antenna. 

There is to many ways to stream games free online now a days to rectify the ridiculous cost of DTV when already getting bent over for internet service.

My reason so far with keeping DIRECTV was/is the cost to value over most streaming services. I looked into “cutting the cord” and by the time I get a Netflix subscription and a HULU/VUE/SLING subscription I’m at the $50 a month I pay for DIRECTV. I hate that dish on my roof but until they stop giving me a good amount of credits per month, they have me suckered in. 

18 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

My reason so far with keeping DIRECTV was/is the cost to value over most streaming services. I looked into “cutting the cord” and by the time I get a Netflix subscription and a HULU/VUE/SLING subscription I’m at the $50 a month I pay for DIRECTV. I hate that dish on my roof but until they stop giving me a good amount of credits per month, they have me suckered in. 

So you do not have any of those streaming services now? I'm not sure how your DTV service is so cheap considering my taxes and fees alone added up to almost $50.00/ mo.