Sunday Ticket

nucci

10 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I finally called just now. I was told that there are no current discounts for Sunday Ticket but he's sure there will be, I just need to keep calling back, new promotions start on Mondays. I ended up threatening to cancel and he gave me $20 off per month my total bill but said that I still should keep calling to get a Sunday Ticket discount. Seeing as it took me 11 years to make this call, not so sure I'll get around to it, but you never know. The phone call all together was exactly 30 minutes long.

Next call ask for the loyalty dept.

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I did speak with the loyalty department. He’s the one who ultimately gave me the $20 off and told me to keep calling back weekly.

ok, good....it is a pain but keep asking....nothing to lose and money to gain.

A bit off topic, but for those of us who currently don't have CBS cuz directv sucks, I noticed in my guide that the bills game next Thursday is showing on channel 212-1. Hope this helps anyone who might be wondering how to see the game 

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

A bit off topic, but for those of us who currently don't have CBS cuz directv sucks, I noticed in my guide that the bills game next Thursday is showing on channel 212-1. Hope this helps anyone who might be wondering how to see the game 

Don’t Bills pre-season games usually play on ABC? Channel 7 in the local Buffalo area. 

Interesting article in Wall Street Journal today on how companies are using technology to manage customers.  It maybe effective but seems like a bad strategy.  ATT uses a system developed on this type of analytics.  It is behind a paywall but here are the first two paragraphs. 

In corporate parlance, it’s called the “breakpoint.” It’s how far customers can be pushed before their heads explode.

From long waits at the airport to rude store clerks to ineffective helplines, shoddy customer service is a universal frustration. Today, companies crunch data and use artificial intelligence to determine exactly how angry a customer has to be to bolt. Many are walking right up to that line.

Moved out of state for a job.  Called for reinstall.  They called and showed up in the wrong state.  Another hour on the phone they said wait another 4 hour block, no one still came.

Called, another hour, and they gave me $100 buck gift card and rescheduled for today.

Wouldn't you know it they showed up at my prior address and state again!  I’m done. Calling to cancel next time.  It’s like they don’t want my business.

15 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Moved out of state for a job.  Called for reinstall.  They called and showed up in the wrong state.  Another hour on the phone they said wait another 4 hour block, no one still came.

Called, another hour, and they gave me $100 buck gift card and rescheduled for today.

Wouldn't you know it they showed up at my prior address and state again!  I’m done. Calling to cancel next time.  It’s like they don’t want my business.

That blows.  Sorry, man.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I will have to check it out. I might have to buy an antenna sooner than anticipated ?. Don’t want to trust that it isn’t blacked out on 212-1. 

Man, somebody has got to give us a heads up on this.  I’ve had people over for the last 4 years now on opening day and, as situated, it really is not convenient to run an antenna.  75” tv, with the center of it about 9 feet off the ground and 10-12 feet away from a window and pretty damn tricky to try and suspend a line.

3 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

you should just change your name....maybe you'd have better luck.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, thronethinker said:

Just renewed this year for the Directv stream. My buddy has a wife in college and I was able to use her college email for the Student rate of $99 for the whole season. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have been able to do this. If you have a family member or good friend in college use their info to get qualified. you don’t have to use their info for the account, just to get qualified. Once you are qualified you use your own email and payment info. Each year you must re-qualify. So for $99 I can stream on Apple TV 4K, or an XBOX, my computer, my phone, my iPad, or any other device that can download the app or connect too the website. You can only use one device at a time. This is by far the best way I have watched games aside from being there. Watching in 4K is just outstanding, better than the TV broadcast. 

And I am not a directv or att customer. I work for Spectrum and get free cable and internet. I live in FL so its either a stream or Bar and the bars are too dam expensive now. 

Thanks so much for this!!  Have a buddy whose wife just went back to school and it went through like a charm.  Was afraid with the billing info pre-filled with her name the credit card stuff would bounce back, but they must only care about the billing zip code.

Also, I used the promo code "BACKTOSCHOOL" and got $20 off, so $80 for the entire season.  Not sure how long that is good for.  I almost added Game Pass for $50 (normally $100), but the regular Sunday Ticket streaming service comes with "Short Cuts" so if I can't watch live on Sunday I'll have Monday through Wednesday to watch the game in 30 minutes with no commercials.  Not worth $50 to me to get the game 4 hours earlier on Sundays.

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That blows.  Sorry, man.

Man, somebody has got to give us a heads up on this.  I’ve had people over for the last 4 years now on opening day and, as situated, it really is not convenient to run an antenna.  75” tv, with the center of it about 9 feet off the ground and 10-12 feet away from a window and pretty damn tricky to try and suspend a line.

Go grab an Amazon Firestick, or Fire tv (if you’d like dvr) They’re like $40-$60. Best investment I’ve ever made. Had DTV for over 15 years. Won’t ever look back. If you’d like to know more about the process dm me. Go Bills! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Vod Kanockers said:

Go grab an Amazon Firestick, or Fire tv (if you’d like dvr) They’re like $40-$60. Best investment I’ve ever made. Had DTV for over 15 years. Won’t ever look back. If you’d like to know more about the process dm me. Go Bills! 

Do firesticks get local channels? I’m unfamiliar with them. If so, I will be grabbing one. He was speaking of getting channel 4 (CBS) for opening day of the Bills. 

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That blows.  Sorry, man.

I looked on my guide today and the pre-season games are indeed on ABC (channel 7 in the Buffalo area). But for the regular season, I’m with you. I need to figure out what I’m doing. I’m thinking of going the Mohu Leaf from Amazon. It is an antenna that sticks on your window and has a coax line that you can run to your TV. It includes 10-16 feet of coax but obviously more could be bought. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Do firesticks get local channels? I’m unfamiliar with them. If so, I will be grabbing one. He was speaking of getting channel 4 (CBS) for opening day of the Bills. 

It depends on which service you sign up for, but yes, the ones I subscribe to do. Now, do they all have cities like Rochester? Not typically. However, they do carry all the major cities across the US. So you could watch through the other teams local channel if Buffalo isn’t available. 1 subscription that I have carries the NFL ticket, and the other I’m 99% sure will. (Can’t confirm, bc I didn’t use this one last year, but the set up makes it all but assured that they will.)

Ps, you will need to “jailbreak” the firestick in order to be able to download the apps. (It literally takes 2 seconds to do) Also, if you’re interested in a DVR feature, I would recommend Fire Tv, instead of Firestick.

• Like (+1) 1

Some advice for those thinking of doing antennas for locals. Spend a little extra $$ and get a good one not those flimsy paper looking ones then try to get it up as high as possible. I have mine mounted in the attic which puts it about a good 26 feet above ground level. If you can roof mount it that would be even better. A lot of silly things can interfere with digital OTA singles like brick walls (but not wood which is why most attics make sense) high humidity and even trees in weaker areas. I've been doing this for locals with Sling TV and haven't missed DirecTV yet. I do miss the Sunday Ticket later in the season when we get stuck with the dreaded 4pm dog of a game, but my neighbor still has it and we go over there. 

• Like (+1) 1

So...After canceling my service, I never did receive a call trying to get me back. I did however receive an email stating that they want me back and had a special deal for me. I called the number and it took me to an automated answering service asking me to either dial my extension or search by name. No where in the email did it mention to dial an extension or anything. Obviously, I wasn't able to actually reach anyone. I then decided to say screw it, I bundled my internet and cable with Comcast which will end up saving me over $100/month. I also took someone's advice and signed up for an IPTV service so that I can watch the games and premium channels I didn't sign up for with Comcast. I called DirecTV back to end my service at an earlier time (I originally wanted my service to end at the beginning of September) than I had originally planned and the rep was like "no problem, man. I'll put it in for you" and hung up. Literally no fight or attempt to keep me. It's a shame what has happened to DirecTV. Shortly there after I received another email with the same number and after calling again I had the same results. What a friggin joke.