Sunday Ticket

nucci

9 minutes ago, fletcher6490 said:

Ok, I tried calling again today. This time straight to retentions. She had nothing to offer me again...so I cancelled. I set the date about 40 days ahead to give myself some time. She happily let me cancel, told me what to do with my equipment and sent me on my merry way. Never mentioned sending me to "the retention expert" or anything. I suppose I'll bundle my internet and cable with Comcast and find an alternative method to watch football. I guess they don't need a customer of 14 or 15 years anymore? 

Be sure to keep your paperwork on returning the equipment.  They can come back a year or more later saying you didn't and charge you big bucks.

It happens a lot more than people think it would.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, fletcher6490 said:

Ok, I tried calling again today. This time straight to retentions. She had nothing to offer me again...so I cancelled. I set the date about 40 days ahead to give myself some time. She happily let me cancel, told me what to do with my equipment and sent me on my merry way. Never mentioned sending me to "the retention expert" or anything. I suppose I'll bundle my internet and cable with Comcast and find an alternative method to watch football. I guess they don't need a customer of 14 or 15 years anymore? 

Absolutely disgusting what has happened since they were bought but ATT. It is like they don’t value any customers anymore. They aren’t going to have many left if they keep trying to charge people $150 a month. This isn’t the early 90’s, there are tons of options now. If they ever stop giving me my credits and/or lose the Sunday Ticket I will be gone. 

Just renewed this year for the Directv stream. My buddy has a wife in college and I was able to use her college email for the Student rate of $99 for the whole season. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have been able to do this. If you have a family member or good friend in college use their info to get qualified. you don’t have to use their info for the account, just to get qualified. Once you are qualified you use your own email and payment info. Each year you must re-qualify. So for $99 I can stream on Apple TV 4K, or an XBOX, my computer, my phone, my iPad, or any other device that can download the app or connect too the website. You can only use one device at a time. This is by far the best way I have watched games aside from being there. Watching in 4K is just outstanding, better than the TV broadcast. 

And I am not a directv or att customer. I work for Spectrum and get free cable and internet. I live in FL so its either a stream or Bar and the bars are too dam expensive now. 

Edited by thronethinker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I received my notification letter in the mail that they will "Auto Renew" my account for the MAX package at $49 / mo for 6 months 

Time to call and play the game ..   

I do not want or need the MAX package.  

RED ZONE CHANNEL...C'Mon Shady...best channel ever created!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

RED ZONE CHANNEL...C'Mon Shady...best channel ever created!!

the lower package does include the RED ZONE CHANNEL. (I think) 

I don't need the Fantasy Channel and package. 

I itch and complain I don't want all that stuff and they usually give me a sports package free.  

I  either get the watch 8 games at once channel or the RZ channel 

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the lower package does include the RED ZONE CHANNEL. (I think) 

I don't need the Fantasy Channel and package. 

I itch and complain I don't want all that stuff and they usually give me a sports package free.  

I  either get the watch 8 games at once channel or the RZ channel 

Unfortunately the lower package doesn't include Red Zone.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

thanks 

the 8 games at once channel is pretty much all you need there.  you don't have to wait for them to decide which team to focus in on.  

I have only recently started watching games live again(last two years or so)...and i could not have cared less whether red zone was included in my ST package or not when not watching live. But now that kids are older and no more swim meets etc..and i like watching live again, and find one TV on Bills game and other streaming red zone is essential

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

This is absolutely true. I live by the red zone channel. That being said, it’s crazy how it is a $10 a month option on a lot of streaming services, yet is an extra $150 on the Sunday Ticket. 

It is ridiculous and I think we'll see a lot of changes next season

1 minute ago, Ned Flanders said:

Hopefully streaming on a per game basis...i.e. $10.99 for just the Bills game.

Amazon , Youtube, Yahoo.....even the Networks can offer it. NBC streams Sunday night football on their site

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I received my notification letter in the mail that they will "Auto Renew" my account for the MAX package at $49 / mo for 6 months 

Time to call and play the game ..   

I do not want or need the MAX package.  

Just got my letter as well...I just want to watch the game, I never used that other junk, even when I got it for free.

• Like (+1) 3

I appreciate everyone's feedback/information.

I have directV, but think I am going to do what I did last year.  Purchase the blue sling package ($40/month). Gives me the Redzone channel essentially and some other channels I normally wouldn't have and used (I rarely used anything but the Redzone channel even when I had Sunday Ticket).

It's month-to-month and was easy enough signing up and cancelling, last year at least.

If it wasn't for the MSG/sabres, all the cords would be cut.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:05 AM, nucci said:

You don't have to threaten to cancel. You guys are overthinking this. What Klos received is what is being offered right now. Just call and tell them what we received and ask if you can get the same. Go on chat if you don't want to speak with anyone and ask for loyalty dept. AT&T/DirecTV wants to keep you as a customer. These discounts are offered every year but you have to ask. It's over $800 in savings plus free movie channels

I finally called just now. I was told that there are no current discounts for Sunday Ticket but he's sure there will be, I just need to keep calling back, new promotions start on Mondays. I ended up threatening to cancel and he gave me $20 off per month my total bill but said that I still should keep calling to get a Sunday Ticket discount. Seeing as it took me 11 years to make this call, not so sure I'll get around to it, but you never know. The phone call all together was exactly 30 minutes long.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Just finished chat session number 1 (not on auto renew). After 45 minutes I accomplished zippo because my $60 a month credit doesn't expire until 9/2. I expected that as it happened last year so "I'll be back"

I got the same response as you did that I have to wait until Sept 2 to request the $60 a month credit. On the other hand I was able to get a $20 a month additional credit. As like you I will be calling in early Sept. 

• Like (+1) 2