Sunday Ticket

nucci

24 minutes ago, Heitz said:

FWIW, I haven't had any reliability issues in the past few years, using the "online only" version.

Streams most of these boys on here talking about is the pirated streams Reddit, nflstream.tv etc..not the stream on the Sunday Ticket App. I use that every Sunday..no worries what so ever

I have had DirecTV since 2004 with Sunday Ticket every year. I can usually get something out of them each time I call but I called last night and was told they can not offer me anything. So I got on the chat today with the retention department. I told them that I am not happy with a number of things and one of them being their complete disregard in keeping a loyal customer of 15 years by not having a single promo for me to take advantage of. I asked how much it would cost for me to cancel and explained that the only reason I have the service is for the NFL Sunday ticket and that I would save a ton of money by bundling my internet and TV with Comcast. They offered me NOTHING. The person on the chat started asking me what channels I watch and all of that nonsense to try to drop my bill a few bucks. I stopped her there and told her I'm not looking to downgrade my packages. I honestly think I am just going to quit DirecTV. What a joke

50 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Streams most of these boys on here talking about is the pirated streams Reddit, nflstream.tv etc..not the stream on the Sunday Ticket App. I use that every Sunday..no worries what so ever

NEVER heard of it (though they might become my provider next year)... ? ?

6 minutes ago, fletcher6490 said:

I have had DirecTV since 2004 with Sunday Ticket every year. I can usually get something out of them each time I call but I called last night and was told they can not offer me anything. So I got on the chat today with the retention department. I told them that I am not happy with a number of things and one of them being their complete disregard in keeping a loyal customer of 15 years by not having a single promo for me to take advantage of. I asked how much it would cost for me to cancel and explained that the only reason I have the service is for the NFL Sunday ticket and that I would save a ton of money by bundling my internet and TV with Comcast. They offered me NOTHING. The person on the chat started asking me what channels I watch and all of that nonsense to try to drop my bill a few bucks. I stopped her there and told her I'm not looking to downgrade my packages. I honestly think I am just going to quit DirecTV. What a joke

If you call to actually cancel, you will get a deal as good as those who are newly signing up. But you have to actually go through with calling and cancelling. Here is what will happen. You call to cancel. The first rep is the basic retention department, they can’t do much. They will offer you some bare bones credit. When you refuse they will ask you what date you want to cancel and go through the whole spiel about how to send the boxes back and everything. Pick a date like 20 days in advance just to be safe. 

Now one of two things will happen. Most likely they will say something like “since you’ve been a loyal customer for so long we have a customer retention expert that would like to speak with you, would you speak to him?” Of course say yes. That guy can offer a lot. Last time I got a $60 credit for 12 months, $15 credit for 6 months, free movies and sports packages for 3 months, and free Sunday ticket max. 

It’s possible (unlikely) that you don’t get transferred to the special retention department.  If not, don’t panic. Someone will call you from that department and offer you the same things. This scenario is why you want a cancel date 20-25 days out. To give them time to call you. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Heitz said:

NEVER heard of it (though they might become my provider next year)... ? ?

hmm. not quite sure what you meant. If you have never heard of reddit and pirated streams, then god bless we have found  a more technically challenged old guy than @Augie, and that's tough to do!

BTW, we should be rocking a nice 55inch on a tripod @Hammered a Lotfor the 4PM games this year!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

If you call to actually cancel, you will get a deal as good as those who are newly signing up. But you have to actually go through with calling and cancelling. Here is what will happen. You call to cancel. The first rep is the basic retention department, they can’t do much. They will offer you some bare bones credit. When you refuse they will ask you what date you want to cancel and go through the whole spiel about how to send the boxes back and everything. Pick a date like 20 days in advance just to be safe. 

Now one of two things will happen. Most likely they will say something like “since you’ve been a loyal customer for so long we have a customer retention expert that would like to speak with you, would you speak to him?” Of course say yes. That guy can offer a lot. Last time I got a $60 credit for 12 months, $15 credit for 6 months, free movies and sports packages for 3 months, and free Sunday ticket max. 

It’s possible (unlikely) that you don’t get transferred to the special retention department.  If not, don’t panic. Someone will call you from that department and offer you the same things. This scenario is why you want a cancel date 20-25 days out. To give them time to call you. 

I've heard of this happening before. I think I might pony up and give it a try. My only concern is that I still have a little over a year left on my contract. Oh well though, if I do actually have to cancel I'll find other ways to watch the Bills games. 

12 minutes ago, fletcher6490 said:

I've heard of this happening before. I think I might pony up and give it a try. My only concern is that I still have a little over a year left on my contract. Oh well though, if I do actually have to cancel I'll find other ways to watch the Bills games. 

My contract was up at the time I called. I was told always remain a free agent if you can help it. I did end up giving in and giving them a year for what they gave me though. I figured a year locked in at around $50 a month with free Sunday ticket is not too bad. My bill total comes to 67 with taxes and fees and that includes the 9.99 I pay per month for HBO. 

Edited by Bills2ref

31 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I've never had to do this and I receive discounts every year

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Some people that happens to. No idea why everyone isn’t the same. When I went through that back in December I tried calling about five different times before it came to me actually cancelling. Was hoping I would get a decent customer service rep. Tried at different times of the month too. They were not willing to give me anything worth while until I actually cancelled. 

Edited by Bills2ref

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

I have always received credits. Some years have been better but I always received something. This was the first time I was told there was nothing they would offer. 

14 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Some people that happens to. No idea why everyone isn’t the same. When I went through that back in December I tried calling about five different times before it came to me actually cancelling. Was hoping I would get a decent customer service rep. Tried at different times of the month too. They were not willing to give me anything worth while until I actually cancelled. 

You're right...I have had to fight a bit ....not sure why this year was so easy

6 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Their customer service is maddening inconsistent. Even more so since they were acquired by ATT. 

All phone reps are docked for cancellations more than any other type of call. These are not exactly prime jobs, so you may run into a rep who doesn't care about the job. That's likely the main variable.

7 hours ago, fletcher6490 said:

The exact same thing happened to me.  I always got some kind of discount.  This last time they refused.

The only thing they would do is give me half off NFL Ticket for 1 year but I had to sign up for 2 years (the 2nd at full price).

I said then it's time for me to leave DirecTV and they said sorry and sent me the stuff to return their equipment.

This is after 21 years (all with NFL package) premium channels and NHL Center Ice.

Since ATT took over it's horrible and it's streaming with Nitro for me now.

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

All phone reps are docked for cancellations more than any other type of call. These are not exactly prime jobs, so you may run into a rep who doesn't care about the job. That's likely the main variable.

I got nothing from the overseas rep and was connected to Customer Retention (whatever it's called) and then to the supervisor of that department.

No Dice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I got nothing from the overseas rep and was connected to Customer Retention (whatever it's called) and then to the supervisor of that department.

No Dice.

Eesh. File it away under the life isn't fair folder. That's a BIG folder.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Eesh. File it away under the life isn't fair folder. That's a BIG folder.

I don't understand it either.  But instead of 200 bucks a month I'm in the streaming world now and I like it.

I got this years NFL figured out and after this season the NFL is more than likely going to do streaming thru other venues.

Thanks for the empathy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, ColoradoBills said:

I got this years NFL figured out and after this season the NFL is more than likely going to do streaming thru other venues.

I hope this report is wrong but it looks like the NFL may be sticking with DTV...ugh...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/11/report-nfl-likely-to-stick-with-directv-through-end-of-current-deal/

• Thank you (+1) 1

I stopped auto renew gonna wait till first week of season and will call  directly to loyalty dept. that has been much better than the folks I get when I say cancel.  I guess location of the loyalty person you get makes a big difference in the service one gets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bills2ref said:

Ok, I tried calling again today. This time straight to retentions. She had nothing to offer me again...so I cancelled. I set the date about 40 days ahead to give myself some time. She happily let me cancel, told me what to do with my equipment and sent me on my merry way. Never mentioned sending me to "the retention expert" or anything. I suppose I'll bundle my internet and cable with Comcast and find an alternative method to watch football. I guess they don't need a customer of 14 or 15 years anymore? 

I contacted them today. It took about 2 hours (a lot of wait time) all via chat. The biggest issue was that the first person I got only dealt with Uverse and she was just focused on trying to reduce my bill for other services. My bill is high - 246 for 3 services - internet, home phone, DTV. That was without nfl ticket and with a $50 credit. Anyway I got it to 212/mo for 3 services, with nfl ticket max. Painful but worth it.