Sunday Ticket

nucci

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s like me, a very go by the rules guy. He’s more like my wife in being an “anything to excel” person. Confusing, I know! He may be using a family member login for remote access, as my older son did. 

Bottom line, I wish he was here (only 20 minutes in ATL without traffic) for game days, but if I were him I’d prefer what he does.....so I want that for him. I have no desire to impose on his Sundays with his GF. We have family stuff when it makes sense, and we love his GF and her family. 

Fair enough, I get it. I have no idea then how he gets the games without DTV or the ticket.

I respect the by the books approach, I just can't think of anyway he does it. Maybe uses someone else's DTV account to stream the games.

Edit: lol 20 mins in ATL without traffic. I haven't driven there but I hear it's awful.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Fair enough, I get it. I have no idea then how he gets the games without DTV or the ticket.

I respect the by the books approach, I just can't think of anyway he does it. Maybe uses someone else's DTV account to stream the games.

He may even use my account, I don’t know. There is a mobile option.  My older son used it for a couple years in Nashville until he went another way. 

Bottom line: I pay too much, should try to get it lower, but it has little to no impact on my life. Worth a call, so I’ll do it. 

A gas station almost across the street from me sells gas for 40-50 cents more per gallon than places a mile away, and they make me angry! Great corner, but ripping people off daily! 

We pick our battles. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

He may even use my account, I don’t know. There is a mobile option.  My older son used it for a couple years in Nashville until he went another way. 

Bottom line: I pay too much, should try to get it lower, but it has little to no impact on my life. Worth a call, so I’ll do it. 

A gas station almost across the street from me sells gas for 40-50 cents more per gallon than places a mile away, and they make me angry! Great corner, but ripping people off daily! 

We pick our battles. 

I have a gas station very similar they charge a similar amount more. I never go there. We have like 4 gas stations within that mile. I refused to go to them and the other which is the cheapest because they didn't hire me as a teen. 

I hold a grudge, probably shouldn't be a surprise to most of those who know my posting on here.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Painless? That sounds....confusing to me! I dreaded the process so much I just rolled over years ago and pay whatever they charge (which my wife likes to tell me is A LOT!). 

Maybe I try again this year. The ONLY reason I have DTV is to watch Bills games. I have lousy AT&T four daily use, but they dumped NFLN so at draft I went back to DTV a bit. I’m an idiot, but I subsidize the rest of you by paying full freight, so you’re welcome.....

I'm like you Augie. I have had DTV for around 10 years now. Switched from cable partially over a stupid issue that made me p.o'ed and partially for Sunday Ticket. I've never called for a discount although I've thought about it every year. Maybe this is the year I actually do it. Can't see me calling threatening to cancel unless I'm actually ready to actually do it.

3 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I'm like you Augie. I have had DTV for around 10 years now. Switched from cable partially over a stupid issue that made me p.o'ed and partially for Sunday Ticket. I've never called for a discount although I've thought about it every year. Maybe this is the year I actually do it. Can't see me calling threatening to cancel unless I'm actually ready to actually do it.

You don't have to threaten to cancel. You guys are overthinking this. What Klos received is what is being offered right now. Just call and tell them what we received and ask if you can get the same. Go on chat if you don't want to speak with anyone and ask for loyalty dept. AT&T/DirecTV wants to keep you as a customer. These discounts are offered every year but you have to ask. It's over $800 in savings plus free movie channels

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just recently was able to download a Sunday Ticket app on my new Roku. No idea what that's about, but will undoubtedly dig deeper.

7 hours ago, batmanfreek said:

Correct.  You can use a Roku and the app to stream Sunday ticket if you have Sunday ticket with directv service meaning you don’t need a satellite box hooked to the tv. 

Or you can not have directv service and buy Sunday ticket stand alone without having to have a dish or any channels.  However there will not be discounts unless you’re a student.  I believe it’s roughly 199.99-249.99 for the season. You can pay that in a lump sum or opt for splitting it in 4 payments.  

Hmm, used to be could only stream if for some reason you could not get a dish to work. Now that they have a streaming service, maybe you can stream only. Having said that , I do not believe you can buy stand alone Sunday Ticket unless you are a student, but again I can be wrong there. Will hunt it down. I have conventional DTV and SR maz package, as well as the app on Firestick..on Sundays I have two TVs on the porch..one hooked up to dish box, one just uses Firestick so Bills on one TV and Redzone on the other

3 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

just a hint, if you are going to threaten to cancel, kindly point out to them Sling costs $40 a month all in, including DVR, and (for most) your equipment charges alone are more than  that now. That is theur soft spot..not the content..that costs about the same anywhere..it the delivery method and hard wired equipment that is their competitive disadvantage now.

12 hours ago, nucci said:

Thought I'd get this started. 

Last year I received $60/month off for 12 months and $16.50 off for 6 month....along with movie channels..etc.

A short time ago went on the chat room on AT&T site and asked for Loyalty Dept. I explained last years discounts and asked if they are available this year. After about 20 minutes I received same discounts. No phones, waiting on hold....very painless and so I thought I'd mention it to get you guys going. Good luck

Are you saying you also got Sunday ticket thrown in or are you paying for it? Thanks 

After 12 years I finally cancelled my Direct TV service. I found myself only watching a handful of cable channels. Most of what I watch is on the national networks that I can get on an antenna. I'm losing a couple of shows I like, but not enough to justify the cost. It's the Sunday ticket that's going to hurt, which is the only reason I kept it for so long. I'll most likely sign up for it online unless I can find other options.

2 hours ago, zevo said:

Are you saying you also got Sunday ticket thrown in or are you paying for it? Thanks 

The way it usually works is the total monthly discounts offset the price of the ticket. Ticket Max is $65.99 per month for 6 months. I now have $60 off a month for 12 and $16.50 off for 6 months so basically get the Ticket for free

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

After 12 years I finally cancelled my Direct TV service. I found myself only watching a handful of cable channels. Most of what I watch is on the national networks that I can get on an antenna. I'm losing a couple of shows I like, but not enough to justify the cost. It's the Sunday ticket that's going to hurt, which is the only reason I kept it for so long. I'll most likely sign up for it online unless I can find other options.

I'm in the same boat, 19 years with DTV.  There's a similar thread going on in the Off the Wall forum.  Basically, I was hoodwinked into a two year contract, which expires in August 2020.  My discounts expire this August and by the sounds of things, it looks unlikely that I'll get those discounts going into next year.

So, unless I'm offered an overwhelming promotion, I'm cutting them loose and paying the "fine."  DTV has gone to heck since being bought by AT&T...which was once a customer-friendly operation is now a monolithic conglomerate.

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

The way it usually works is the total monthly discounts offset the price of the ticket. Ticket Max is $65.99 per month for 6 months. I now have $60 off a month for 12 and $16.50 off for 6 months so basically get the Ticket for free

Are you an AT&T cellphone customer as well?

I'll still go to my BILLS Bar and watch.  If they win, we celebrate together,  if not, we may find something else to do, and not bother going to watch.  That avoids the annual groveling with Direct TV,  

Based on the season. If the BILLS Win, I lose, because the bar bill is higher.  If they lose, I at least break even, or could end up a couple dollars ahead.

7 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll still go to my BILLS Bar and watch.  If they win, we celebrate together,  if not, we may find something else to do, and not bother going to watch.  That avoids the annual groveling with Direct TV,  

Based on the season. If the BILLS Win, I lose, because the bar bill is higher.  If they lose, I at least break even, or could end up a couple dollars ahead.

I didn't grovel.  I asked if I could get the same discounts as last year and they said yes. I can't watch Bills games with strangers...I don't really like people

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, nucci said:

I didn't grovel.  I asked if I could get the same discounts as last year and they said yes. I can't watch Bills games with strangers...I don't really like people

Had your discounts from last year expired? I did what your saying last year in chatroom and was told they couldn't offer anything until the current discounts ended

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Had your discounts from last year expired? I did what your saying last year in chatroom and was told they couldn't offer anything until the current discounts ended

They expire next week 

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I hope I get to talk to the same person as last year she gave me free Sunday Ticket $70 off my bill for 12 months and free HBO and Cinemax for 3 months

Did you at least buy her dinner?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Do the math....its better than that