Sunday Ticket

nucci

Thought I'd get this started. 

Last year I received $60/month off for 12 months and $16.50 off for 6 month....along with movie channels..etc.

A short time ago went on the chat room on AT&T site and asked for Loyalty Dept. I explained last years discounts and asked if they are available this year. After about 20 minutes I received same discounts. No phones, waiting on hold....very painless and so I thought I'd mention it to get you guys going. Good luck

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Painless? That sounds....confusing to me! I dreaded the process so much I just rolled over years ago and pay whatever they charge (which my wife likes to tell me is A LOT!). 

Maybe I try again this year. The ONLY reason I have DTV is to watch Bills games. I have lousy AT&T for daily use, but they dumped NFLN so at draft I went back to DTV a bit. I’m an idiot, but I subsidize the rest of you by paying full freight, so you’re welcome.....

Edited by Augie

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Painless? That sounds....confusing to me! I dreaded the process so much I just rolled over years ago and pay whatever they charge (which my wife likes to tell me is A LOT!). 

Maybe I try again this year. The ONLY reason I have DTV is to watch Bills games. I have lousy AT&T four daily use, but they dumped NFLN so at draft I went back to DTV a bit. I’m an idiot, but I subsidize the rest of you by paying full freight, so you’re welcome.....

Ha, Augie....either call or chat and ask for loyalty dept and discounts. Don't pay full price

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe I try again this year. The ONLY reason I have DTV is to watch Bills games. I have lousy AT&T four daily use, but they dumped NFLN so at draft I went back to DTV a bit. I’m an idiot, but I subsidize the rest of you by paying full freight, so you’re welcome.....

Thank you for your foolishness. I appreciate you subsidizing my viewership. I, like you, hate making the call. But I have not had a bad experience. One time I dealt with someone who was unyielding. I called back later and got someone who was much more receptive. What I find is that going directly to the retention department saves some time and unnecessary quibbling. :)

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just recently was able to download a Sunday Ticket app on my new Roku. No idea what that's about, but will undoubtedly dig deeper.

My son has a sweet media room that puts me to shame (in a place we bought and rent to him....something VERY wrong there!), and he gets games without DTV. Need to ask him how he does it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

My son has a sweet media room that puts me to shame (in a place we bought and rent to him....something VERY wrong there!), and he gets games without DTV. Need to ask him how he does it. 

There are many non legal ways to do it.

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Ha, Augie....either call or chat and ask for loyalty dept and discounts. Don't pay full price

I’m decades in with them and haven’t asked for anything in years. I found it so exhausting and tedious, which I’m sure they count on. I suppose I need to give it another go....

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m decades in with them and haven’t asked for anything in years. I found it so exhausting and tedious, which I’m sure they count on. I suppose I need to give it another go....

Do it once and you'll do it every year. It's worth the savings

for those willing to haggle with them, I've never paid the full price for my internet/cable provider. I always get a promotion deal and was even told by one of the agents a few years back while haggling to contact them a month before said promotion is about to expire, sign up for another one. meanwhile there are folks out there that will just pay the price and in most cases, I'm paying nearly half for the same service. I can dig that.

1 minute ago, psuscott16 said:

There are many non legal ways to do it.

Doesn’t sound like his style. The media room doesn’t even have cable, but they watch stuff there all the time. It’s their favorite room, I’m told. 

Just now, nucci said:

Do it once and you'll do it every year. It's worth the savings

I did it for years, and learned to HATE the process. I’ll drive a car until it dies....or my wife decides to go car shopping for me. She actually loves that process as much as I hate it. I can’t let her shop cable/DTV, or she just might cancel it all!   ?

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just recently was able to download a Sunday Ticket app on my new Roku. No idea what that's about, but will undoubtedly dig deeper.

You still need sunday ticket to watch it, you just don't need a dish.  Same as my Amazon firestick

1 hour ago, Augie said:

probably redditt.com - that's how I watch baseball and hockey

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I just did an online chat. Got the same deal as Nucci.  Lowballed me at first and i just mentioned what I got before and what Nucci got and they gave me the same thing. I also asked for movie channels. Just be nice about it - not to be greedy but.... it never hurts to ask..., Showtime, Starz and Cimemax free for 3 months and discounted HBO for the year.  it's painless and they expect it. Just make sure you ask for what you want and you'll likely get it. You'll feel great after.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You still need sunday ticket to watch it, you just don't need a dish.  Same as my Amazon firestick

Correct.  You can use a Roku and the app to stream Sunday ticket if you have Sunday ticket with directv service meaning you don’t need a satellite box hooked to the tv. 

Or you can not have directv service and buy Sunday ticket stand alone without having to have a dish or any channels.  However there will not be discounts unless you’re a student.  I believe it’s roughly 199.99-249.99 for the season. You can pay that in a lump sum or opt for splitting it in 4 payments.  

3 hours ago, Augie said:

make sure you mention this. Make sure you ask for what we all got.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care about the premium channels, just my Choice package and internet. I'm curious to know what others are paying per month for a similar package w/ ST (after negotiating, of course). Been a customer for a little more than 2 years, so my contract is expired, but I'm not a long term customer, which I believe factors into their discount amounts. 

I'm not sure what to expect. Currently my DTV+internet bill is $130/mo. $50/mo internet credit right now, so only paying $10/mo for internet until September, then back up to $60. DTV credit expired after May bill, went from $60/mo to $120. So come September, I'm looking at $180/mo without ST, and I'm already being met with some resistance by my better half, so I want to work something out with AT&T to keep their services at a lower rate, AND with ST, but I don't want to be greedy either. 

27 minutes ago, klos63 said:

make sure you mention this. Make sure you ask for what we all got.

It’s crazy, but I’m just not a haggler. Or a beggar. That goes for everything from buying cars, to girls in college. Do we see eye to eye, or do we not. Bottom line.

My worst fear is I tell them to eff off, then I have to compromise and not watch in the comfort of my home with sound, plus my own food and drink. Is it irrational? Of course! But it’s real. I never said I was the brightest bulb in the pack! 

I just took out a new two-year discounted contract with the “choice” cable package, that includes the free Sunday ticket. And, I’m leaving an overpriced cable package. The directv price is low enough to cover the $240 penalty when I drop it for the 2nd year. Once I pay the penalty...I think...I’m once again, a new customer, qualifying for the free Sunday ticket for the next year and reduced rates. So... no haggling, but I’m out the $240...

so..am I thinking this out right? 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

You can do it a couple ways. When I was going to school in Texas I used to illegally stream them. I know their is another way now, my buddies do it at their place. They get all the PPV channels. It's the same as what i think they called the pirate card back in the day. If you want to know send me a PM and I'll get more info for you.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it definitely isn't legal how he's doing it, but those companies gouge enough so no love lost.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You can do it a couple ways. When I was going to school in Texas I used to illegally stream them. I know their is another way now, my buddies do it at their place. They get all the PPV channels. It's the same as what i think they called the pirate card back in the day. If you want to know send me a PM and I'll get more info for you.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it definitely isn't legal how he's doing it, but those companies gouge enough so no love lost.

He’s like me, a very go by the rules guy. He’s more like my wife in being an “anything to excel” person. Confusing, I know! He may be using a family member login for remote access, as my older son did. 

Bottom line, I wish he was here (only 20 minutes in ATL without traffic) for game days, but if I were him I’d prefer what he does.....so I want that for him. I have no desire to impose on his Sundays with his GF. We have family stuff when it makes sense, and we love his GF and her family. 

• Like (+1) 1