Man lives after plunging over the Canadian side of Niagara Falls

Happy

https://www.foxnews.com/world/man-survives-niagara-falls-plunge

The man -- who Niagara Parks Police say appeared to be "in crisis" before jumping into the river on the Canadian side -- was observed going over the Horseshoe Falls around 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. He then fell around 167 feet before hitting the water below.

His plunge Tuesday comes 59 years to the day that 7-year-old Roger Woodward went over the falls with a life jacket, and also survived.

If I’m not mistaken, 4 a.m. is also during the hours higher diversion of water is allowed to the power projects on both sides of the river.  Less water going over the falls, I wonder what effect it had on the trip and the landing, if any.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/man-survives-niagara-falls-plunge

The man -- who Niagara Parks Police say appeared to be "in crisis" before jumping into the river on the Canadian side -- was observed going over the Horseshoe Falls around 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. He then fell around 167 feet before hitting the water below.

His plunge Tuesday comes 59 years to the day that 7-year-old Roger Woodward went over the falls with a life jacket, and also survived.

Knew this would happen when Canada legalized wacky weed.

To get more income they should have a jump plank and charge to use it and refundable deposit for fishing you out.

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thats the easy side. ?

Right.  I have not heard of anyone going over the American side, though I'm not sure I'd want to.  That would be a mess.

It's the American Side that is the worse... One has a fighting chance on the Canadian Side.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Right.  I have not heard of anyone going over the American side, though I'm not sure I'd want to.  That would be a mess.

Same here.  The talus  on the American side is the problem.  One may get lucky going over Horseshoe Falls and find a gap and not hit rock.

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If I’m not mistaken, 4 a.m. is also during the hours higher diversion of water is allowed to the power projects on both sides of the river.  Less water going over the falls, I wonder what effect it had on the trip and the landing, if any.

I would think less water would be worse. More exposed rock below. ???

Maybe it's the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Knew this would happen when Canada legalized wacky weed.

To get more income they should have a jump plank and charge to use it and refundable deposit for fishing you out.

Aruba,under Dutch law had one on the northwest side of the island..family invited.Establishments around the island donate meat to the tip...keeping the sharks away from the southern side ,where the resorts are.