Tre’Davious White: “I’m one of the best doing it”

10 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

as long as he asks politely , do you have issue with it ?
this will be one of the biggest tests for Beanes Boys.
no reason not to pay Our own. so far as i can tell. stay tuned. 

love the Kid since day two

It'll be an interesting test as this franchise has consistently shown the ability to draft strong CBs over the years and IMO tends to rely on that over signing our current #1 to top dollar, as with Gilmore.

17 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Quote is from 2017.  Good analysis in the article.

They led with a quote frim 2017, and followed with a more humbling quote from Tre on GMF after his 2nd season. 

I'd like to see how many balls were thrown his way last year. I'm sure he had more passes to defend in 2017, since teams were probably trying to pick on the rookie on the field. After a very good year, teams probably tried to avoid throwing in his direction as much last year, hence the lower numbers. 

Perhaps the difference in targets isn't that great, and the numbers would still reflect a "down" year in comparison, but the drop in INTs and PDs may exaggerate how much of a down year it really was.

22 hours ago, elroy16 said:

https://www.cover1.net/tredavious-white-bills/

Very, very good breakdown of White's strengths and weaknesses. Erik breaks down White's footwork, disruption, leverage, ball tracking, tackling, and penalties and includes a bunch of clips.

I highly recommend reading this and watching all of the clips. As someone who never played organized football, the level of detail these types of articles have is very informative. 

I have to highlight this play (the second one)

White is a stud as we all know but Taron is going to be special as well in that nickel role. Kid was balling as a rookie on a bum shoulder . This secondary as a whole is as good as it gets in this league. It's going to be difficult to keep Hyde,Poyer and White beyond 2020

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Tre just shows McD knows his defensive backs. He was one of the best value picks in recent memory. The fact that we traded back, used the extra first we got for the trade to get our franchise quarterback, and still ended up getting a premier player is nothing short of remarkable. He's a special player both on and off the field. We're lucky to have him and I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping he will be a career Bill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he is in the 7 to 12 range and is a good CB. If he wants to break the bank and demands a 100 million contract I don't think he is worth it. CB like White who are not top 5 but still want to be paid like one are tuff to sign.

He is definitely top 5.  Are you one of those guys who said Gilmore sucked?

He shutdown Hopkins and gave Mr. Cool Guy so much of a fit he resorted to one of the biggest cheap shots of the season. 

Salute a G when you see one. 

Image result for salute gif

Edited by The Jerk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

White is a stud as we all know but Taron is going to be special as well in that nickel role. Kid was balling as a rookie on a bum shoulder . This secondary as a whole is as good as it gets in this league. It's going to be difficult to keep Hyde,Poyer and White beyond 2020

Sadly, this is very true. The Bills can only invest so much money in the secondary.

We shall have to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Jamal Adams says this, he’s a cocky SOB.  Tre says it, I love the confidence!

Tre is one of the best players on the team and great value where he was picked. He is also going to cost big money.  There is a world where the Bills re-sign Gilmore (1st team all pro) and draft White.  There is also a world where the Bills re-sign Gilmore, keep the 10 pick and draft Mahomes or Watson.  Then, instead of trading up for ZAy, they stay put and draft JuJu or Cooper Kupp.  But I will be murdered for criticizing the process. 

Dear Josh Allen, please be really, really good because this will be hard to get past. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tre's right. He took some heat here after 2 straight games where he allowed a deep completion on plays where he absolutely smothered the receiver and the ball hit the only spot the WR could make a fantastic catch. 

He did his job. Made those completions as hard as it could be. Other than improving on PBUs and finding the ball more often and looking for picks the other facets of his game.. Namely sticking to his man like glue.. are straight up there with any of the top CBs in the league. He's tier 1, and I honestly see no undisputed #1 corner in the league like Revis had established so he's tied for best in the league with about 5 other guys for me. 

Keep on keeping on Tre, brutha. He's a quiet dude. Seems out of character. That's why I like the comment all the more haha. That's digging deep and coming up with his most honest opinion of himself. Straight telling the truth.

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jamal Adams says this, he’s a cocky SOB.  Tre says it, I love the confidence!

Tre is one of the best players on the team and great value where he was picked. He is also going to cost big money.  There is a world where the Bills re-sign Gilmore (1st team all pro) and draft White.  There is also a world where the Bills re-sign Gilmore, keep the 10 pick and draft Mahomes or Watson.  Then, instead of trading up for ZAy, they stay put and draft JuJu or Cooper Kupp.  But I will be murdered for criticizing the process. 

Dear Josh Allen, please be really, really good because this will be hard to get past. 

Haha this doesn't happen often cause we usually have to consider a longer period to draw up dramatically better what-if Bills teams. But a handful of decisions in just 2 years and we'd be partying hard in this board 24/7.

I really really wanted to somehow keep Gilmore but golly the size of the contract the Patriots offered definitely gave me pause.

They basically did to us what we did to Miami for Charles Clay. And Charles Clay is a fine fellow but that's all I have to say about him. Gilmore went to the next level. Something in that defense insured against his brain farts (allowing blown coverage 60 yard BOMBS) so he was mistake free version Gilmore... which if you had told me Gilmore would almost completely eliminate his blown coverages I'd have outbid Patriots by $5M and lock that down. Man is now a BALLER. Charles Clay on the other hand.. he played TE, he blocked, he ran routes, and he had bad knees. Good guy. 

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P