Tre’Davious White: “I’m one of the best doing it”

Former LSU Tiger Tre’Davious White is always cracking jokes and sporting a smile, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t a competitor. “I go out and compete no matter who it is,” White told reporters in 2017 when being questioned about his matchup with Rob Gronkowski. “I’m out there too and I’m one of the best doing it; I feel that way and he feels like he’s one of the best doing it, so I’m going to go out and compete.” 

White isn’t lying. He is easily one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. His 2018 season is regarded by many as a down year, but that was really only because he didn’t get his hands on as many balls as he did his rookie season. His interceptions went down from four to two, and his pass deflections had a steep dropoff from 12 in his first season to three last year. But in just about every other statistic, his numbers improved.

Overall

The third-year corner is proud of what he has accomplished but knows that he isn’t a finished product, “I put together two great seasons to start it off,” White told Good Morning Football, “but I’ve still got a ways to go.”

White is a polished player with an upper-tier skill set; he just needs to reduce the number of penalties he takes, improve his tackling, and continue to minimize big plays in order for him to be mentioned as the top corner in the NFL and not just on the Bills.

https://www.cover1.net/tredavious-white-bills/

Very, very good breakdown of White's strengths and weaknesses. Erik breaks down White's footwork, disruption, leverage, ball tracking, tackling, and penalties and includes a bunch of clips.

I highly recommend reading this and watching all of the clips. As someone who never played organized football, the level of detail these types of articles have is very informative. 

I have to highlight this play (the second one)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He is not wrong

but that sounds a lot like very politely saying "pay me"

as long as he asks politely , do you have issue with it ?
this will be one of the biggest tests for Beanes Boys.
no reason not to pay Our own. so far as i can tell. stay tuned. 

love the Kid since day two

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It looks like he said this in 2017.  Seems pretty click-bait ish to have this in the articles title and make it seem like he just said it recently.  I like cover 1, I feel like they shouldn't have to resort to this sort of thing to get people reading their articles

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Nope...I actually respect the way he is doing it jmo

When Tre' D is mentioned i just see him dancing pre snap in the snow.
i like his style as well

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he is in the 7 to 12 range and is a good CB. If he wants to break the bank and demands a 100 million contract I don't think he is worth it. CB like White who are not top 5 but still want to be paid like one are tuff to sign.

Time will tell. he is just a Kid still. I am already thinking second contract if i am Bills and how the heck keep him. just in case he gets better and better.