Having a hard time talking myself out of 10 wins for this team...

eball

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My doubts are whether the weapons are there. I think they have enough but they all have some sort of question. There isnt one single hang your hat on him guy. I believe the Bills should be a playoff contender. But the weapons are how I can talk myself out of it.

There are many learned NFL scholars out there who will tell you the QB elevates the receivers, not the other way around.  If the OL gives Allen time and he has made a "natural" progression from Y1 to Y2 the weapons should be good enough, given his talent.

Edited by eball

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

With this offensive lineup, I think 8-8 would be a very solid achievement for the 2019 Bills. 

They were a .500 team last year in games Josh started and finished.  Do you think an extra win or two is too much to shoot for?  Like E-Ball posted, just being an average offense could take them a long way toward a better record.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I think it will take a while and maybe a couple moves for the OL to jell.

I’m also not sure about the WR’s. I think Beasley is vastly overrated by this fanbase, and there’s no guarantee that Foster and Zay will progress. John Brown is nice, but I don’t know that he will be enough of a difference maker.

That being said, I think both units will be improved over last year’s, and the schedule looks good in July. I believe in Josh, and if things break right, I can see a playoff team this year.

I agree, but it certainly won’t be easy. I’m glad we get the Jests at the beginning, because Darnold really impressed me. Should we lose the Opener (not out of the realm of possibility), we’ll be 0-2 in the Division by Week 4, then travel to Tennessee. I’m not intending to be a negative Nancy. Shart Happens. I no longer look at schedules this time of year and pick Ws & Ls like we could in SB era. Everything changes dramatically, year by year in the NFL.

If it comes down to ‘Win & In’ vs Jests in the finale, I’ll be happy.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, eball said:

There are many learned NFL scholars out there who will tell you the QB elevates the receivers, not the other way around.  If the OL gives Allen time and he has made a "natural" progression from Y1 to Y2 the weapons should be good enough, given his talent.

I think that is true when you get a veteran elite guy. I don't think it is generally true of 2nd year raw prospects like Josh. I think he will be better. But to be really good he will need help. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

They were a .500 team last year in games Josh started and finished.  Do you think an extra win or two is too much to shoot for?  Like E-Ball posted, just being an average offense could take them a long way toward a better record.

It’s not too much to shoot for, by any means. I simply don’t expect it. A few games will always surprise, both negative nad positive. The Bills are not yet at the point where winning is to be expected, and won’t be until they prove otherwise. If Allen stays healthy the entire season, perhaps 10 will be achievable if a lot of other things go well. The thread is about taling oneself out of a ten win season, which is still easy to do for this team. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that is true when you get a veteran elite guy. I don't think it is generally true of 2nd year raw prospects like Josh. I think he will be better. But to be really good he will need help. 

Josh turned Zay Jones into a threat over the final five weeks of the season.

Just sayin'... ;)

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree, but it certainly won’t be easy. I’m glad we get the Jests at the beginning, because Darnold really impressed me. Should we lose the Opener (not out of the realm of possibility), we’ll be 0-2 in the Division by Week 4, then travel to Tennessee. I’m not intending to be a negative Nancy. Shart Happens. I no longer look at schedules this time of year and pick Ws & Ls like we could in SB era. Everything changes dramatically, year by year in the NFL.

If it comes down to ‘Win & In’ vs Jests in the finale, I’ll be happy.

I want to win every game of course, but I think a slower start (with plenty of Fire McBeane posts) followed by a nice run to the playoffs would be rather hilarious in here. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I want to win every game of course, but I think a slower start (with plenty of Fire McBeane posts) followed by a nice run to the playoffs would be rather hilarious in here. :D

Some people just want to watch the world burn...

1 hour ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry, but this is completely doable. Dolphins are a joke. Jets with Gase coaching, Haha! This is our year to take the AFC East. Brady IS going to be slower this year. I can see it.

Boy I sure hope you are right

Vegas has the Jets  a 7.5 win team,  the Dolphins (Vegas 5 wins) and get swept, once again by the Pats.  Will Brady be worse next year,, probably,  will it matter much to the Bills, nope, he isnt going to get much worse than his last game versus the Bills 54% completion, 216 yards, 2 ints 1 Td and guess what, the Pats still were in control of that game.  Their O Line has gotten better and they have another RB in the stable, they will dominate us,  run down our throats, once again.

Gase, beside his bizarre introductory press conference, lets wait to see how good a coach he can be.  They have a good roster, Darnold and added fresh legs in Leveon Bell,  Just like the Pats, I think the Jets are going to be able to run aggressively against us.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

CARNAGE!?

Then again, it would cull the herd..

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Gase, beside his bizarre introductory press conference, lets wait to see how good a coach he can be.

Didn't we just see that in Miami?  For a supposed offensive "guru" he sure made a ton of questionable decisions on that side of the ball.

The almost certain conflict between Gase and Greggggg is going to be so much fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Boy I sure hope you are right

I say we sweep the jets (Vegas has them s a 4 win team), split with the Dolphins (Vegas 7 wins) and get swept, once again by the Pats.  Will Brady be worse next year,, probably,  will it matter much to the Bills, nope, he isnt going to get much worse than his last game versus the Bills 54% completion, 216 yards, 2 ints 1 Td and guess what, the Pats still were in control of that game.  Their O Line has gotten better and they have another RB in the stable, they will dominate us,  run down our throats, once again.

Gase, beside his bizarre introductory press conference, lets wait to see how good a coach he can be.  They have a good roster, Darnold and added fresh legs in Leveon Bell,  Just like the Pats, I think the Jets are going to be able to run aggressively against us.

they really only have the jets at 4 wins?  i wondering the reasoning is behind that.  i'd be surprised if they were that bad.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

they really only have the jets at 4 wins?  i wondering the reasoning is behind that.  i'd be surprised if they were that bad.

without looking it up that's gotta be backwards. I would have assumed Miami at 4 and jets at 7.... I would absolutely HAMMER the over on a 4 win line for the jets.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

My God, good catch typo, 7.5 wins and Miami at 5..

More I think about it, i stand behind my  3-3 in the AFCE  as the right answer.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

without looking it up that's gotta be backwards. I would have assumed Miami at 4 and jets at 7.... I would absolutely HAMMER the over on a 4 win line for the jets.

Latest odds are NY Jets 7.5, Miami 4, Bills at 6 and NE 11

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

Yeah I had 11 wins in a thread the other month, and I'm usually pretty pessimistic. I actually think if Allen takes a leap in year 2 and we get a little luck, we could do what the Jags did a couple of years ago and get to the AFC championship. 

Seriously. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Josh turned Zay Jones into a threat over the final five weeks of the season.

Just sayin'... ;)

Think calling Zay a threat is an exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Didn't we just see that in Miami?  For a supposed offensive "guru" he sure made a ton of questionable decisions on that side of the ball.

The almost certain conflict between Gase and Greggggg is going to be so much fun to watch.

Yea.  Gase is the biggest reason the Jets will miss the playoffs to my mind. That team is talented. Yes it has a couple of holes but most teams do. I think Gase is a bad head coach though.