Stranger Things Season 3 (May contain spoilers)

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It says spoilers in the thread title!

It's says MAY contain spoilers, you didn't say anything about it before though. What's next, you going to tell us all that the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie?

I read something earlier in the day where they said he died (or may have died) at the end of this season. The bigger spoiler here was someone saying they are definitely doing a season 4? I didn't know they confirmed it yet, guess Amazon Prime decided not to cancel it........

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s in the Russian prison. At the end, they said “Not the American” and went to the other cell. I think he’s alive and in the first cell. Since we know there is a season 4 and they definitely killed off Billy, I just don’t think they would kill him off too as he’s a major character

In season 2 when Eleven and 008 (this sounds James Bond like) went to kill the fat guy, he said Pappa was still alive. The only way for Hopper to have "lived" was to go upside-down through to portal. The American's came in the room at the end and there doesn't seem to be anyway the Russian's could have somehow gotten him out before then. He certainly wasn't a pile of goo either. The other thing that makes me thing Hopper lived is that they were playing Heroes by Bowie and IIRC that is what they played when Elven disappeared at the end of season 1. Going through the portal is the only thing that makes sense (which means this will definitely not be the case)

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's says MAY contain spoilers, you didn't say anything about it before though. What's next, you going to tell us all that the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie?

I read something earlier in the day where they said he died (or may have died) at the end of this season. The bigger spoiler here was someone saying they are definitely doing a season 4? I didn't know they confirmed it yet, guess Amazon Prime decided not to cancel it........

I got a spoiler for you......tomorrow morning I am going to fart. 

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

In season 2 when Eleven and 008 (this sounds James Bond like) went to kill the fat guy, he said Pappa was still alive. The only way for Hopper to have "lived" was to go upside-down through to portal. The American's came in the room at the end and there doesn't seem to be anyway the Russian's could have somehow gotten him out before then. He certainly wasn't a pile of goo either. The other thing that makes me thing Hopper lived is that they were playing Heroes by Bowie and IIRC that is what they played when Elven disappeared at the end of season 1. Going through the portal is the only thing that makes sense (which means this will definitely not be the case)

Interesting.... 

Finished Episode 5 last night

Only thing I found strange was the little girl had no problem opening the elevator door from the inside after she got in through the vent. But when they were all inside, all of the sudden the buttons stopped working and they couldn't do anything but go down.

Also after the elevator was emptied, why wouldn't they just stay inside until it went back up to the surface where they could go get help easier then being trapped down in the Russians lab area?

You would also think a secret Russian military lab under a US Mall might have just a little bit of security, like the occasional camera, in the hallways or in areas that would spot 4 kids waking around?

26 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Finished Episode 5 last night

Only thing I found strange was the little girl had no problem opening the elevator door from the inside after she got in through the vent. But when they were all inside, all of the sudden the buttons stopped working and they couldn't do anything but go down.

Also after the elevator was emptied, why wouldn't they just stay inside until it went back up to the surface where they could go get help easier then being trapped down in the Russians lab area?

You would also think a secret Russian military lab under a US Mall might have just a little bit of security, like the occasional camera, in the hallways or in areas that would spot 4 kids waking around?

I'm at the same point in the show.  The Russian thing in general seems like an odd fit for this show.  I know these kids have been through a lot, but trying to break into a room guarded by foreign military types armed with massive guns seems a bit over the top for them, especially since all of this is brand new to two of them. 

Speaking of the Russians, I like the terminator vibe from the guy chasing Hopper.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm at the same point in the show.  The Russian thing in general seems like an odd fit for this show.  I know these kids have been through a lot, but trying to break into a room guarded by foreign military types armed with massive guns seems a bit over the top for them, especially since all of this is brand new to two of them. 

Speaking of the Russians, I like the terminator vibe from the guy chasing Hopper.

He does resemble the terminator.......

It was funny that this door is guarded during the day and when deliveries are made, but not at night when most break in might normally occur. They could save some money on armed guards by just installing a couple cameras instead.

On a side note, at the Calgary Stampede this year they have recreated the Hawkins fair that you can go to, and there's a Baskin Robbins in Toronto that has been converted into the Ice Cream shop in the mall where they are serving the USS Butterscotch.

I don't think the show strives to make every detail realistic, but also in the 80's, wouldn't they have been refering to these guys as Soviets, not Russians? Just a minor thing although it might mix up or confuse the younger generation watching it....

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Nooo.    Not my man Alexei.    

Guy brought the funny.   Him laughing about Hopper and Joyce not having sex had me dead.   

I was really starting to like him too.

He just wanted to enjoy Woody Woodpecker and Looney Tunes cartoons while drinking slurpees..........

• Haha (+1) 1

On July 10, 2019 at 12:26 PM, Reed83HOF said:

Listen again.  It was Peter Gabriel singing it.  Peter Gabriel was the singer in Yes so that means Yes Hopper is dead.  Or maybe Yes he is alive.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, apuszczalowski said:

I

I don't think the show strives to make every detail realistic, but also in the 80's, wouldn't they have been refering to these guys as Soviets, not Russians? Just a minor thing although it might mix up or confuse the younger generation watching it....

No. Most people called them Russians. Calling USSR people Soviets didn’t catch on with the masses. 

I worry that the scope of this show has become too big now.  We now have Russia and a good number of main characters living off in a completely different are (did they say where?).  This show is at its best when it's a bunch of crazy things happening in a small rural town.  Even with an upside down wormhole connecting them to Russia, there's no way anyone should be setting foot  in the USSR on this show.

• Like (+1) 1