Stranger Things Season 3 (May contain spoilers)

Season 3 was excellent!

Hopper clearly, to me, is still alive.

Dug the incorporation of the Neverending Story theme song and how the director filmed that scene.

My biggest complaint is how dark it was through a lot of the season. I had to adjust the settings on my TV so I could see at certain times.

This new season was more of the same; I wish they would try to move into new ground but they basically told us the same story again.

The show has a childish, cartoonish flavor where it is implied that we are not to take things too seriously.  Violence won't really hurt anyone, and that type of thing.

I enjoy it to a degree but it's not a show to be taken seriously for its competence.

The guy who plays the sheriff brings the show down a notch as well; they could have filled that role with better talent IMO.

Winona Ryder greatly over-acts in every scene she does; it gets to be irritating when you start to focus on it.

I like the kids in this show best, particularly the chubby kid with a ton of curly black hair (Dustin); he strikes me as one of the more talented actors on the entire show.

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I like the kids in this show best, particularly the chubby kid with a ton of curly black hair (Dustin); he strikes me as one of the more talented actors on the entire show.

Dustin is by far the most entertaining of the kids.  I could live with him and Steve getting their own spinoff.

So the next one will be in 1986, which means “Chernobyl” will be the finale, writers will probably end series “stand by me” style (1986 film) with one of the kids writing their story, aliens (also 86) will echo the monster/demogorgon, and an 86 “that’s what friends are for” song at some point in series

6 hours ago, major said:

So the next one will be in 1986, which means “Chernobyl”

Could also go with the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion or Haley's Comet.

And no member berries of 1986 America would be complete without somehow including

1200px-NES-Console-Set.jpg&f=1

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Could also go with the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion or Haley's Comet.

And no member berries of 1986 America would be complete without somehow including

1200px-NES-Console-Set.jpg&f=1

Challenger would be referenced, could definitely see haley’s Comet, and I forgot about Nintendo-yes, that tie in would be huge

Just finished season 3, and I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed it. Season 1 was the best, because IMO the Upside Down is a very intriguing and creepy world. There were moments in season 1 where I was pretty creeped out. When season 3 is viewed through a certain lens, I think the entertainment value can be found and appreciated. This isn’t a show with fantastic acting, deep meaning (sorta), or something that will go down in TV history as one of the greatest shows of all time. It is a mix of various styles of entertainment - horror, comedy, drama. Jack of all trades, master of none so to speak. Season 3 mixed those genres pretty well. When I just let it be that, all of the non-sensical and cheesiness was perfectly fine. Heck, it’s set in the 80s - the cheesiest decade of all time! And, I think that’s part of the point. Big hair, synthesizers (awesome soundtrack), and all the other cliche things that you can pick up on if you look closely. I especially enjoyed Murray in season 3. He brought the funny to balance out the creepy. The “bald eagle” scenes with him and Dustin had me laughing out loud. 

I maybe wish that they tied the parallel storylines of the Mind Flayer creature and the Russian stuff together better in this season, but I guess that’s something for season 4. The speech written by Hop to El tied the season together well enough for me and even provided enough “meaning” that we can all relate to. I really just hope that they don’t drag it out longer than it needs to. It feels like 1 more season should do it, and then they can call it a day. 

14 hours ago, major said:

So the next one will be in 1986, which means “Chernobyl” will be the finale, writers will probably end series “stand by me” style (1986 film) with one of the kids writing their story, aliens (also 86) will echo the monster/demogorgon, and an 86 “that’s what friends are for” song at some point in series

I have seen some comments elsewhere referencing them coming up to the time where Winona Ryder was getting big and if they would reference things with her which could be funny.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I have seen some comments elsewhere referencing them coming up to the time where Winona Ryder was getting big and if they would reference things with her which could be funny.

Mind Flayer, Mind Flayer, Mind Flayer!

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

S4 should definitely throw out some reference to the movie Lucas (Ryder's theatrical debut)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_(film)