Stranger Things Season 3 (May contain spoilers)

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Haven't started with this season as of yet .... my concern is that as child actors age, they lose what made the show special - we shall see

This is actually a big part of season 3... it’s very well done 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Haven't started with this season as of yet .... my concern is that as child actors age, they lose what made the show special - we shall see

Depends on how the show works it in. It can be done right when the show evolves with the kids when they age. It gets bad when the kids age but the characters are being held around the same age.

Although sometimes the aging can be a problem because the show worked with a bunch of 12 year olds but doesn't work with them as 16 year olds. And when a show like this takes a big break between seasons, that makes they have to write in the aging to make it work.

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Depends on how the show works it in. It can be done right when the show evolves with the kids when they age. It gets bad when the kids age but the characters are being held around the same age.

Although sometimes the aging can be a problem because the show worked with a bunch of 12 year olds but doesn't work with them as 16 year olds. And when a show like this takes a big break between seasons, that makes they have to write in the aging to make it work.

I was really impressed with how they purposefully worked it in to the storyline - it’s handled directly and with a lot of depth to the characters 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts? Just finished it ... brilliant.

my nieces and maybe great nephews  have watched it.  I've seen them comment on FB about it

fortunately for me, my kids were never into it, or have kids that would be, to wonder.

the kids get the wife and I interested in a show then move on leaving us watching (out of habit)  

I guess some people haven't been happy with Hoppers character this season, saying he is too angry and aggressive with women. I think most small town chief of police would be too if it's the third time you had to stop demons and creatures trying to destroy everything and still deal with raising a teenage girl with super powers while being stood up for dates......

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I guess some people haven't been happy with Hoppers character this season, saying he is too angry and aggressive with women. I think most small town chief of police would be too if it's the third time you had to stop demons and creatures trying to destroy everything and still deal with raising a teenage girl with super powers while being stood up for dates......

The sjw’s Should create their own show then 

I heard they are mad he smokes cigarettes too.      

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts? Just finished it ... brilliant.

Amazing. Loved the season!

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I realized about 3/4 of the way through it that the actress who plays Robin is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke... and she is like a perfect 50/50 mashup of the two of them

She really looks like her mother! So many of the same mannerisms 

19 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I guess some people haven't been happy with Hoppers character this season, saying he is too angry and aggressive with women. I think most small town chief of police would be too if it's the third time you had to stop demons and creatures trying to destroy everything and still deal with raising a teenage girl with super powers while being stood up for dates...…

Hopper was awesome in this show. One of my favorite characters 

• Like (+1) 1

Just finished Season 3.  I kinda feel the same way I did after season 2.  I enjoyed it but didn't love it.  Shows I love I will rewatch over and over.  Stranger things is entertaining but I don't find myself craving for more.  

i'm only on episode 4 at this point, but it's a show i really love.  i saw a stat that in the first 4 days, season 3 already had 40.7 million views.  13 million already finished watching the entire season.

• Like (+1) 1

I liked this season a lot. The show has a great blend of humor, action, and good corniness. Which is the formula that my favorite 80s movies/TV shows had. I wish I hadn't blown through it so fast.

Edited by Needle

4 minutes ago, Needle said:

I liked this season a lot. The show has a great blend of humor, action, and good corniness. Which is the formula that my favorite 80s movies/TV shows had. I wish I hadn't blown through it so fast.

I felt it got a little too corny at times and wish it was just a tad more serious...it was still great though

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

It was really good and the mid credits scene after the final episode makes me think Pappa is still around. I have a feeling that Hopper went upside-down

I think he’s in the Russian prison. At the end, they said “Not the American” and went to the other cell. I think he’s alive and in the first cell. Since we know there is a season 4 and they definitely killed off Billy, I just don’t think they would kill him off too as he’s a major character

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It was really good and the mid credits scene after the final episode makes me think Pappa is still around. I have a feeling that Hopper went upside-down

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s in the Russian prison. At the end, they said “Not the American” and went to the other cell. I think he’s alive and in the first cell. Since we know there is a season 4 and they definitely killed off Billy, I just don’t think they would kill him off too as he’s a major character

Great job McCoys with the spoiler.......

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

The sjw’s Should create their own show then 

I heard they are mad he smokes cigarettes too.      

Yup, the Duffer bros said they are going to get rid of most of the smoking in the future

Edited by apuszczalowski