Sign in to follow this  
BillyWhiteShows

Who Is The Most Obscure Bills Player/Coach You Remember Meeting?

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Really, BillyWhiteShows/Phil the Thrill/Thunderstrike/BuffaloRush?? What the hell is your game? Why all the screen names? Previous ones have been banned, yet you keep coming back thinking no one will catch on. FYI, your ip gets banned next time you go too far. Currently, these 2 incarnations are towing the line -if alarmingly schizophrenic. You’re fooling no one.

Anyway, Monte Ledbetter (obscure WR) came to talk to my tyro football team in the ‘60s. My math teacher knew him (she was a Bills Groupie), asked him for me and he came. He was the most obscure Bill for me.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

I know Greg Pipes pretty well.  Greg was a Kodak All-American in 1967, despite playing on a 1-8-1 Baylor team.  The Bills drafted him, but he wanted to go to law school, so he played in Canada, where the schedule would permit him to go to law school in the off-season.    One year in Canada he was the top defensive lineman in his conference.   That's a pretty obscure Bill. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

A guy who cannot spell his own chosen username correctly should be grateful for any attention he gets.  Glad you see it that way too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I did meet John Wayne Bobbit of the Dismembered ***** Fame once outside a Bills game - I have a pix laying around somewheres.....I know not a Bill but funny he was outside a Bills game and he def had only a small window of 15 minute fame.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, crabby116 said:

In 2012 my son played football with Corey McIntyre's son.  He made it to a couple of games so we got a chance to talk to him a couple of times.  Very cool

Hopefully you didn’t bring up “the incident!”

Posted (edited)

Obscure..

Got to meet Byron Franklin and Booker Moore when they came to my grade school classroom in the early 80s.

Played a round of golf at Hamburg town golf course with Will Grant circa the late 80s early 90s.

Another friend in grade school was neighbors with Ulysses Norris. When he got cut, Len Walterschied moved in. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Not so obscure..

Met Jim Ritcher at a Sabres game here in Raleigh a few years ago. I was introduced to him and spent the bulk of the intermission talking to him. It was when they brought back Marv as GM.

Had a few drinks with Ted Cottrell at JP Fitzgeralds in Hamburg once. He was fairly inebriated. 

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn't meet him but i saw Jim Hassett at a function once up near Buffalo & he was a different kind of dude !! Loved to party ... Which if i remember correctly led to a altercation that evening .

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Carwell Gardner, in an airport.  Not the Buffalo airport.

Will never ever forget Carwell grabbing his junk after scoring one time in the end zone right in front of the camera.  He did that today we wouldn't ever find the body.....he was a hoot

• Like (+1) 2

Bobby Burnett was a student gym teacher at South Park high school when i was a either a sophmore in 67- 68 or a junior the following year.. cant remember.. for anybody that is as old as me.. THE gym teacher was Babe Birrer , ex major league pitcher in the 50's and a long time Buffalo Bison.. 

• Like (+1) 1

I met Brian Moorman more than once. One time at at bar with Lee Evans as well. I bought drinks for Lee and Brian. Lee was incredible. Such an awesome dude. Despite what many think and many people want to believe, Brian Moorman was one of the biggest C@(KBAGS I’ve ever met. I mean, dude, your the punter.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I met Brian Moorman more than once. One time at at bar with Lee Evans as well. I bought drinks for Lee and Brian. Lee was incredible. Such an awesome dude. Despite what many think and many people want to believe, Brian Moorman was one of the biggest C@(KBAGS I’ve ever met. I mean, dude, your the punter.  

Our only Pro Bowler years 2001-2012 and perennial leader in yardage is hardly obscure.  Moorman was a f@#4ing star!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Grant Guthrie - Bills kicker in 1970 - came to my school, PS #80 to sell insurance to teachers I think. 

Also, Thurman lived in the apartment above my grandmother during his rookie season.  She was a huge Bills fan and he was so gracious, so kind to her. 

• Like (+1) 3

John Lypoldt who was a kicker in the earlier 70’s.  I met him as a kid at a school event.  

• Like (+1) 2

I do not remember his name, but he is the Grandfather of my son's friend from years ago. Fullback, early sixties. Fred, I think. 

I met him once when dropping my son off at their house. I was better acquainted with his wife, as I was a single dad, and she was a grandma raising her grandkids. We were just around the corner from each other. Still just a half mile away now. She and I actually got kinda schnokkered on white Russians once. She gave me a pair of ol' Fred's snow boots, which I still have.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I do not remember his name, but he is the Grandfather of my son's friend from years ago. Fullback, early sixties. Fred, I think. 

I met him once when dropping my son off at their house. I was better acquainted with his wife, as I was a single dad, and she was a grandma raising her grandkids. We were just around the corner from each other. Still just a half mile away now. She and I actually got kinda schnokkered on white Russians once. She gave me a pair of ol' Fred's snow boots, which I still have.

We need to hear more about you and the grandma.

47 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Our only Pro Bowler years 2001-2012 and perennial leader in yardage is hardly obscure.  Moorman was a f@#4ing star!!

He’s an @$$hole punter 

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

We need to hear more about you and the grandma.

She freakin loved me! Of course, most old ladies have always loved me! I have a certain southern charm, and I truly love old folks too. My grandma, bless her heart, still pines for my conversation every day. My  six other (younger) cousins, all rib me about being granny's favorite. Nothing wrong with making lil ol ladies happy!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I was at my grandmas house one cold winter morn when I "met" Corey McIntyre whose exposed genitals were firmly pressed against the picture window in the living room.   

Edited by Jauronimo

Outside the stadium at Super Bowl XXVII Petrino & I met former Bill Brent Griffith who was on the 1990 AFC champ Bills & got a ring for it.  We took a photo with him among the many photos we took that day.  

Eventually that AFC championship ring got him in a lot of trouble.  He once claimed the ring was stolen & cashed a check from his insurance company.  After he & his wife split up, his ex ratted him out to the authorities telling them he still had the ring.  https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/4339199-ex-professional-football-player-sentenced-insurance-fraud-west-central-minnesota

A former professional football player recently pleaded guilty in Swift County District Court to felony insurance fraud involving a championship ring he had allegedly reported as stolen.
Brent Dwayne Griffith, 51, of Sartell, formerly of Benson, was sentenced to serve two days in the Swift County Jail, followed by five years of unsupervised probation. He also was ordered by Judge Rodney Hanson to pay $4,805 in restitution to the Swift County court administration, plus fines and fees totaling $590.
The judge granted him a stay of adjudication, meaning no conviction will appear on his record if he successfully completes all the terms of his sentence.
According to the criminal complaint, Griffith filed an insurance claim in 2013, alleging the theft of an AFC title ring. The ring, which he won in 1990 while playing a season as an offensive lineman with the Buffalo Bills, was covered under his homeowner's policy.
The following year, after he and his then-wife had split up, his wife notified the insurer that he in fact still had the ring and that he had cashed a check for a $4,780 insurance settlement without her knowledge. At that point the case was turned over to the Minnesota Commerce Fraud Bureau for investigation, resulting in the filing of a criminal charge of insurance fraud this past summer.

Posted (edited)

Not obscure but if I had to pick Langston Walker or beloved quarterback Trent Edwards 

Edited by Shooter McGavin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

He was not just a punter but a terrific athlete.  Not only that he did a lot for children in WNY.