Who Is The Most Obscure Bills Player/Coach You Remember Meeting?

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Kendrick Office. Had a two sack game against Tom Brady and then sunk into irrelevance. 

the grand conspiracy made sure he never did THAT again.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Really, BillyWhiteShows/Phil the Thrill/Thunderstrike/BuffaloRush?? What the hell is your game? Why all the screen names? Previous ones have been banned, yet you keep coming back thinking no one will catch on. FYI, your ip gets banned next time you go too far. Currently, these 2 incarnations are towing the line -if alarmingly schizophrenic. You’re fooling no one.

Anyway, Monte Ledbetter (obscure WR) came to talk to my tyro football team in the ‘60s. My math teacher knew him (she was a Bills Groupie), asked him for me and he came. He was the most obscure Bill for me.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

I know Greg Pipes pretty well.  Greg was a Kodak All-American in 1967, despite playing on a 1-8-1 Baylor team.  The Bills drafted him, but he wanted to go to law school, so he played in Canada, where the schedule would permit him to go to law school in the off-season.    One year in Canada he was the top defensive lineman in his conference.   That's a pretty obscure Bill. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

A guy who cannot spell his own chosen username correctly should be grateful for any attention he gets.  Glad you see it that way too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I did meet John Wayne Bobbit of the Dismembered ***** Fame once outside a Bills game - I have a pix laying around somewheres.....I know not a Bill but funny he was outside a Bills game and he def had only a small window of 15 minute fame.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Obscure..

Got to meet Byron Franklin and Booker Moore when they came to my grade school classroom in the early 80s.

Played a round of golf at Hamburg town golf course with Will Grant circa the late 80s early 90s.

Another friend in grade school was neighbors with Ulysses Norris. When he got cut, Len Walterschied moved in. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Not so obscure..

Met Jim Ritcher at a Sabres game here in Raleigh a few years ago. I was introduced to him and spent the bulk of the intermission talking to him. It was when they brought back Marv as GM.

Had a few drinks with Ted Cottrell at JP Fitzgeralds in Hamburg once. He was fairly inebriated. 

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn't meet him but i saw Jim Hassett at a function once up near Buffalo & he was a different kind of dude !! Loved to party ... Which if i remember correctly led to a altercation that evening .

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Carwell Gardner, in an airport.  Not the Buffalo airport.

Will never ever forget Carwell grabbing his junk after scoring one time in the end zone right in front of the camera.  He did that today we wouldn't ever find the body.....he was a hoot

• Like (+1) 2

Bobby Burnett was a student gym teacher at South Park high school when i was a either a sophmore in 67- 68 or a junior the following year.. cant remember.. for anybody that is as old as me.. THE gym teacher was Babe Birrer , ex major league pitcher in the 50's and a long time Buffalo Bison.. 

• Like (+1) 1

I met Brian Moorman more than once. One time at at bar with Lee Evans as well. I bought drinks for Lee and Brian. Lee was incredible. Such an awesome dude. Despite what many think and many people want to believe, Brian Moorman was one of the biggest C@(KBAGS I’ve ever met. I mean, dude, your the punter.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I met Brian Moorman more than once. One time at at bar with Lee Evans as well. I bought drinks for Lee and Brian. Lee was incredible. Such an awesome dude. Despite what many think and many people want to believe, Brian Moorman was one of the biggest C@(KBAGS I’ve ever met. I mean, dude, your the punter.  

Our only Pro Bowler years 2001-2012 and perennial leader in yardage is hardly obscure.  Moorman was a f@#4ing star!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Grant Guthrie - Bills kicker in 1970 - came to my school, PS #80 to sell insurance to teachers I think. 

Also, Thurman lived in the apartment above my grandmother during his rookie season.  She was a huge Bills fan and he was so gracious, so kind to her. 

• Like (+1) 3