Who Is The Most Obscure Bills Player/Coach You Remember Meeting?

Looking back at your years of fandome, are there any obscure or little-known Bills players or coaches that you’ve met. For me, there’s a handful of players and coaches:

Mark Maddox - Met this dude over at the old Rainbow Mall in Niagara Falls.  It must have been 1991 or 1992 because I remember there were actually stores open!  Including a Trench outlet store!  He was injured and on crutches but very nice and friendly.  It was an autograph signing and there must have been about 10 people in line but it didn’t seem to get him down. Very cool guy

Keon Carpenter - I had to interview Keon for a local newspaper about the Bills season.  Very nice and professional.

Gabe Northern -  A monster at LB for the Bills during the 90’s.  Always thought he was due for a breakout season.  Never happened but he was a solid player in the Bills 3-4

• Like (+1) 1

Todd Collins

Not the Quarterback, but :Todd Collins the Punter.

We had a player on the preseason roster back in the late 90:s brought in to challenge Chris Mohr.  I met Todd just days before his release.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Looking back at your years of fandome, are there any obscure or little-known Bills players or coaches that you’ve met. For me, there’s a handful of players and coaches:

Mark Maddox - Met this dude over at the old Rainbow Mall in Niagara Falls.  It must have been 1991 or 1992 because I remember there were actually stores open!  Including a Trench outlet store!  He was injured and on crutches but very nice and friendly.  It was an autograph signing and there must have been about 10 people in line but it didn’t seem to get him down. Very cool guy

Keon Carpenter - I had to interview Keon for a local newspaper about the Bills season.  Very nice and professional.

Gabe Northern -  A monster at LB for the Bills during the 90’s.  Always thought he was due for a breakout season.  Never happened but he was a solid player in the Bills 3-4

Really, BillyWhiteShows/Phil the Thrill/Thunderstrike/BuffaloRush?? What the hell is your game? Why all the screen names? Previous ones have been banned, yet you keep coming back thinking no one will catch on. FYI, your ip gets banned next time you go too far. Currently, these 2 incarnations are towing the line -if alarmingly schizophrenic. You’re fooling no one.

Anyway, Monte Ledbetter (obscure WR) came to talk to my tyro football team in the ‘60s. My math teacher knew him (she was a Bills Groupie), asked him for me and he came. He was the most obscure Bill for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not at all obscure, but while rounding an aisle in a supermarket back in the 60s, my mother, my brother in the cart, and myself schlepping on foot met Tom Day repping for a beer company.  Buy a 12, get an autographed Bills team picture.  It wasn’t my father’s normal Genesee, but my mother bought it anyways.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Punctuation saves lives.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Really, BillyWhiteShows/Phil the Thrill/Thunderstrike/BuffaloRush?? What the hell is your game? Why all the screen names? Previous ones have been banned, yet you keep coming back thinking no one will catch on. FYI, your ip gets banned next time you go too far. Currently, these 2 incarnations are towing the line -if alarmingly schizophrenic. You’re fooling no one.

Anyway, Monte Ledbetter (obscure WR) came to talk to my tyro football team in the ‘60s. My math teacher knew him (she was a Bills Groupie), asked him for me and he came. He was the most obscure Bill for me.

How do you know they are the same people???

• Like (+1) 1

I met Jeff Nixon in the summer of 1987. He was selling pools that year. He seemed surprised that I remembered him leading the league in interceptions before an injury took him down years earlier...good guy.

• Like (+1) 1

My son used to work out with a guy who played for the Bills, albeit briefly. He wins the “Most Obscure Award”, I think. I can’t even remember his name. But he had his picture in a Bills uniform! Probably got into a preseason game once or twice......

• Haha (+1) 1