Josh Allen - Denver

I put a question up on a Denver board I am a member of....basically asking them, given their crappy QB situation right now..with Joe Flacco, and Drew Lock just drafted in Round 2 this year, would they rather have taken Josh Allen instead of Bradley Chubb in the 2018 Draft.

It's an overwhelming NO.  They consider Chubb a star (12.5 as a rookie is good) They wouldn't do it over again (at least those that responded)  

The Bronco fans don't view Allen has having accomplished anything and see him as a great athlete that can't pass.

Don't shoot the messenger...just passing along another fanbases perspective.

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2470688-josh-allen/page3

So, a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs polled the fanbase of the Denver Broncos about the QB of our team, and decided to start a thread on our board to let us know that the Broncos fans basically think Josh Allen sucks...

Did I miss anything?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

When you have a pass rusher who gets 12 sacks as a rookie you are going to have to give any fan base a really good reason to give that up. I thought Bradley Chubb was the best player in that draft and said it repeatedly. 

If Josh Allen develops into a franchise Quarterback the Broncos will likely regret passing on him even for a pass rusher as good as Bradley Chubb but at this stage of their NFL careers Chubb is ahead of Allen in terms of production. Not unusual - Quarterback is clearly a harder position when it comes to transitioning to the NFL. 

But for now you are asking Broncos fans whether they'd take a do-over and hand back their stud as a rookie pass rusher for a still question mark as a rookie Quarterback. And they said no. Of course they did. Right now no is the right answer. Doesn't mean that will always be the case.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, Allen played college ball in Laramie, a couple of hours north of Denver.  The Denver papers probably had stories about him in college, and probably some Denver fans drove up to see a game or two.  So, they might have been familiar with him in college but quite possibly not as a pro.

And a lot of us weren't that sure he could play, either, when he was drafted.  There was a lot of chatter that we picked the wrong Josh, that Rosen was the guy and not Allen. 

That was then.  We've all seen what we've seen, and most of us have a very different opinion now.  There's no reason the Denver fans would know what we know.

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs polled the fanbase of the Denver Broncos about the QB of our team, and decided to start a thread on our board to let us know that the Broncos fans basically think Josh Allen sucks...

Did I miss anything?

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

A troll.

This pretty much sums it up.

I wouldn’t expect anyone outside of bills fans to want Allen. Nobody watches him play just sees the stats for fantasy football or on the game ticker or something. If I only looked at stats per game I wouldn’t want him either and would consider him trash. Luckily I watched the games he’s played in and see more than the stat line. We will see this year if he takes a step to being in that next class of elite quarterbacks to takeover for the Brady/Brees etc etc who shall retire soon. Definitely not surprised another fan base thinks he’s garbage. There’s quite a few fans around the league who would already consider Lock, Murray, Darnold, Jackson, Rosen and Mayfield way better quarterbacks than Allen. 

If I was a Denver fan I would say the same thing. I also believe Allen is going to be special. If I was a Denver fan I might not believe that because I would only know what national media said about Allen going into the draft. I would know the Bills finished 6-10.  

Main thing i take from this, the OP likes coming to our board. It appears more and more fans of other teams are coming here. 

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I put a question up on a Denver board I am a member of....basically asking them, given their crappy QB situation right now..with Joe Flacco, and Drew Lock just drafted in Round 2 this year, would they rather have taken Josh Allen instead of Bradley Chubb in the 2018 Draft.

It's an overwhelming NO.  They consider Chubb a star (12.5 as a rookie is good) They wouldn't do it over again (at least those that responded)  

The Bronco fans don't view Allen has having accomplished anything and see him as a great athlete that can't pass.

Don't shoot the messenger...just passing along another fanbases perspective.

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2470688-josh-allen/page3

Please...ask a Lyft Driver! ?

I saw that thread.  Roll the dice on potential or take a more sure thing?  Someone mentioned Osweiller(?) and Lynch as having shaken the Broncos faith in their abiblity to evaluate QBs to the point where they needed to take the sure thing.   If the Bills beat them and Josh is a big part of it, that could reset the needle on their collective opinions.