Buffalo Bills: Embedded season 2 - new episode Sun. 8/11

1 minute ago, McGee Return TD said:

I thought the same thing but after re-watching I think he was joking about pretty much everything he said/did on his way up the trail

I've hiked Camelback.  The first time I did it, it was tough and had to take a few breaks.  I was in excellent shape too but I hadn't hiked a mountain in forever so my body wasn't used to it.

The second time I did it, I completed it pretty easily.  

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Which one and whats the time stamp?

Seriously, I'm too lazy to watch hours of Pre Season Hype at this time. 

Got a flash into the Hyde house. Was a cool segment. Got to see they were pretty cool down to earth peeps. And they love Buffalo! ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, elroy16 said:

Haha, that makes sense. It's tough for me to get that much time at home, but once I started the first, I stayed up pretty late watching the rest. You should take the time, it's almost all meat and potatoes, they're very good.

I'll try to fit them all in.  

18 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Got a flash into the Hyde house. Was a cool segment. Got to see they were pretty cool down to earth peeps. And they love Buffalo! ?

I watched that too.  And, I'm sorry, but again, gullible.  Do you really think they "love" and miss Buffalo?  Really? Or are they just playing to the fan base when on camera?

On 7/21/2019 at 11:16 PM, junior12thman92 said:

A little thing I noticed in episode 4 that I found interesting:

McDermott was explaining to Oliver why a penalty was called on him, and he turned his head/started walking away. Shaq Lawson grabbed Oliver to pull him back around to look at McDermott (22:56). Nice little leadership moment there.

I thought it was a realllly bad look for Oliver.  1. Did he really not know that if he jumps and lures the OL off-sides the penalty is on him?  2. Did he really try to walk away from the HEAD coach during a teaching moment? I've looked through a bit of this thread, but am I really the only one that finds that deeply troubling? 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I thought it was a realllly bad look for Oliver.  1. Did he really not know that if he jumps and lures the OL off-sides the penalty is on him?  2. Did he really try to walk away from the HEAD coach during a teaching moment? I've looked through a bit of this thread, but am I really the only one that finds that deeply troubling? 

Oliver didn't look all that coach-able there, not a good look.  Could've sworn I saw a 99 on his uniform...

Edited by MacGyver

7 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I watched that too.  And, I'm sorry, but again, gullible.  Do you really think they "love" and miss Buffalo?  Really? Or are they just playing to the fan base when on camera?

Glass half full or half empty approach? Since we have no reason thus far to believe they weren't being genuine in that moment, why bother stirring the pot this way? I thoroughly enjoyed the series, even knowing that it was edited by OBD, and not HBO.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Yes.  Buffalo is the place where they play a sport they love.  

I played college ball in a much smaller and more boring town than Buffalo.  When I was gone, I missed it because I wanted to get back to work and hang out with my teammates.  

Hyde could have signed with several different places but chose Buffalo.  Not everything is an ulterior motive.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes.  Buffalo is the place where they play a sport they love.  

I played college ball in a much smaller and more boring town than Buffalo.  When I was gone, I missed it because I wanted to get back to work and hang out with my teammates.  

Hyde could have signed with several different places but chose Buffalo.  Not everything is ulterior motive.  

^^^^^^This. 

5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I thought that could be the case too. Will know when he retires one day if he sticks around or sells place and runs. His comment of her in tears when they first walked through the Cali house though, just seemed like real people. And my god that man purse/pool table agreement ? Ive had those convos with the wife to get my man cave things too.. haha

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I thought that could be the case too. Will know when he retires one day if he sticks around or sells place and runs. His comment of her in tears when they first walked through the Cali house though, just seemed like real people. And my god that man purse/pool table agreement ? Ive had those convos with the wife to get my man cave things too.. haha

At least you got a man cave...my grand plans for when we first bought our house have gone the way of kids' toys/play rooms everywhere it seems...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/21/2019 at 11:16 PM, junior12thman92 said:

A little thing I noticed in episode 4 that I found interesting:

McDermott was explaining to Oliver why a penalty was called on him, and he turned his head/started walking away. Shaq Lawson grabbed Oliver to pull him back around to look at McDermott (22:56). Nice little leadership moment there.

I was THRILLED to get Oliver.

Kids got a chip in his shoulder. 

Not impressed with the vibe I get from him so far though. Hopefully he matures.

Watched all 4 episodes now. Really great stuff, makes you feel closer to the team in a funny way. The standout for me is really Josh Allen. I'm probably concentrating on his bits a little more because I want to see how he carries himself, but I love his demeanor and the way he is with his teammates. He has the aura of a natural leader, I just hope that follows through to the field. One bit that really caught my attention was the autograph session where the fan came up and said "I really hope you're the guy" and Allen just sort of carried on with what he was doing. He didn't say "yeah I hope so too" or anything like that. It was almost like he has this confidence that he is going to be the guy, so he doesn't need to say anything. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I've seen a hell of a lot of young QBs come through Buffalo since Jimbo retired and none of them seemed to have the same level of swagger and self confidence as him.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not everything is an ulterior motive.  

True. Not everything is black and white either. A guy can love Florida or California or wherever during his down time, spending time at the beach and jumping in his pool, and still miss Buffalo. You love different things about different places. I think some Bills fans/Buffalo residents have an insecurity that comes from all the jokes about the city being boring etc. There are lots of former players who say they thought it'd be a dump before they went and then loved it once they put down roots, but they probably still felt happy when they went back to their hometowns or favourite vacation spots

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I will agree that it wasn't a good look and any concern is warranted.

One thing to keep in mind though...these rookies have not yet been humbled by facing NFL pros yet.  Someone as touted and skilled as Oliver, is coming in with massive confidence in himself and fully buying into his own understandings to this point.  He has not yet had an NFL ref officially blow a whistle on him yet, an OL pancake him yet, etc etc.  Not that unusual a kid like him before camp even begins thinks he knows more than he does and probably thinks coach may just being hard on him on because he is a rookie.  

So I wouldn't worry too much (yet), this wasn't that unusual in my mind and its good to see coach and other guys getting on him about this stuff

• Like (+1) 2

Just finished episode 2. 

Throughout the episode, I was looking at the facilities to see all they different slogans and buzz words and whatnot posted everywhere. Some I noticed:

- Respect the Process
- Compete
- Heart
- Earn the Right
- Do Things The Right Way
- 1/11 

So, it's safe to say that Sean McDermott had a heavy hand in choosing the nomenclature on the walls.

I also noticed that Beane had the following two books on his desk: Quarterback by John Feinstein, and The Score Takes Care Of Itself by Bill Walsh.

I find the small details like this to be a fascinating look into a world rarely seen by fans. Really cool. Off to watch episode 3 now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Only trolls find it troubling...

4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Oliver didn't look all that coach-able there, not a good look.  Could've sworn I saw a 99 on his uniform...

It's funny how things can be seen from different perspectives.

The way I seen it was Oliver looked embarrassed having jumped off sides and Shaq even patted his head giving some sympathy.

The segment was used to show how McDermott uses moments like this (even with the first round rookie) to teach.

It was a good Head Coach move in my book.

Does anyone really think they used this segment of film for any other reason?  This moment could of easily been left on the editing floor instead

it was "purposely" inserted.  Oliver has some edge to him but the vets and McDermott will show him the way.

I thought the whole 4 segments were good and did what they intended to do, I'm beginning to get excited for the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's funny how things can be seen from different perspectives.

The way I seen it was Oliver looked embarrassed having jumped off sides and Shaq even patted his head giving some sympathy.

The segment was used to show how McDermott uses moments like this (even with the first round rookie) to teach.

It was a good Head Coach move in my book.

Does anyone really think they used this segment of film for any other reason?  This moment could of easily been left on the editing floor instead

it was "purposely" inserted.  Oliver has some edge to him but the vets and McDermott will show him the way.

I thought the whole 4 segments were good and did what they intended to do, I'm beginning to get excited for the season.

Let the trolls take it overboard. Don't use any common sense please.