Would you want Marcus Simms thrown into the WR mix?

With the Supplemental Draft coming up there are two prospects that are expected to be drafted anywhere from the 2-4 round range.

WR Marcus Simms, West Virginia 

DB Jalen Thompson, Washington State

DB Bryant Perry, St. Francis

LB Shyheim Cullen, Syracuse.............. I am not so sure about.

Any interest in any of these kids?

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

With the Supplemental Draft coming up there are two prospects that are expected to be drafted anywhere from the 2-4 round range.

WR Marcus Simms, West Virginia 

DB Jalen Thompson, Washington State

DB Bryant Perry, St. Francis

LB Shyheim Cullen, Syracuse.............. I am not so sure about.

Any interest in any of these kids?

We already have enough bodies like that at the wr/flanker spots.we had 13 on the roster last summer.

These guys need preseason game reps...I would limit the crew to ten..no more.

13 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

We already have enough bodies like that at the wr/flanker spots.we had 13 on the roster last summer.

These guys need preseason game reps...I would limit the crew to ten..no more.

Lack of reps has been no ones problem

10 guys filling 6 slots plus a PS spot probably is a pretty thin ratio 

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if a guy goes undrafted and is not a UDFA pickup, seems like the message is pretty clear IMO.....IF I understand the process correctly...........

These are guys who were not in the draft but are now ineligible to play college ball next season.

Simms had decent speed.  He has average size...The circumstances  surrounding his departure from WVU certainly don't scream "team first guy."  Sixteen teams attended his pro day.  Buffalo was among the missing.  Add it all together and the prospects for Buffalo participating in the supplemental draft for Simms amount to "fat chance."

• Thank you (+1) 2

I could see persuading myself that one of these guys is no worse than whomever I would get in April 2020 with my 7th round pick, and if he's any good I get help now instead of next year.  But I'm still not convinced I'd pull the trigger.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Supplemental draft is a joke in my opinion. I wouldn’t give up a pick for any of those mentioned 

Yeah, it would have sucked to have Josh Gordon a couple of years or Cris Carter.

the main guy they said will go highest is the safety from WSU. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, it would have sucked to have Josh Gordon a couple of years or Cris Carter.

the main guy they said will go highest is the safety from WSU. 

I had to look but since like ‘77 you nailed basically the two players who did anything from that draft. It’s basically a giant waste of time. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/7/2019 at 10:25 AM, Rc2catch said:

I had to look but since like ‘77 you nailed basically the two players who did anything from that draft. It’s basically a giant waste of time. 

To be fair it’s what like 1 maybe 2 guys a year if any? You pick 45 day 3 draft picks out of a hat and you won’t hit too many big either 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1