Has anyone tried this? NFL-themed beers...

eball

And I thought there were some intellectual beer drinkers on this forum!

Definitely going to try this when I'm up there in the fall.  Sounds like a perfect tailgating beer on a chilly morning.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, eball said:

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

On the lower end of the scale, Budweiser could be re-branded under the name 'Buffalo p!ss'.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:44 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT even close bro.....we're talikn' prime dawgs versus rescue meat...:thumbsup:.

Zweigle def better than Sahlen's, although I might take a Hoffman German frank or white hot over both. Syracuse does make a good dog.

As for Italian sausage, gotta go with Garafolo's in Oswego. Best I've ever had by far. They even make an extra hot that is not easy to put away.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, youngjebrey said:

The thought of drinking a milk stout in this summer heat is vomit inducing. 

lol, Yeah i drink dark beers all year round. Most people think Im crazy.

Ive had the Big Ditch make you wanna stout and it is OK. Nothing to scream home about. Now the Southern Tier Nitro s'mores I just tried recently is hands down the best stout I've tasted in a long long time. Everyones taste is different though.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, eball said:

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

Sounds a little like...

3F37F83B-03DE-40B6-8EBD-D1B07F27DFDD.jpeg