Has anyone tried this? NFL-themed beers...

eball

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'll bet it's a bitter brew.

I didn’t think it was bitter.  It’s not like a Russian Imperial Stout.  It’s not a milk stout either.  It’s an easy drinking stout but not your summer beach beer at all.  I enjoyed it (in November)

4 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

I didn’t think it was bitter.  It’s not like a Russian Imperial Stout.  It’s not a milk stout either.  It’s an easy drinking stout but not your summer beach beer at all.  I enjoyed it (in November)

Was kidding...Bills fan, bitter...I'm sure it is one I'd like.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Do not drink coffee so would never try it.  It would sell better in Hawaii where people watch game with breakfast.  I watched games there for a number of years when I would go to Hawaii for Christmas and would see guys eating eggs and drinking beer and coffee.

I'll go you one better.  I don't drink coffee or beer, I'm definitely not their target customer

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm mean that's opinion

90% of buffalonians would take a sahlen over a zweigles and 90% of Rochester would be the opposite

sales and demographic show that

I actually recently changed my preference to Hofmann's which are better than both.  Their Jalapeno Cheddar Brat is excellent.  They also have the best All-Beef.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Limeaid said:

Do not drink coffee so would never try it.  It would sell better in Hawaii where people watch game with breakfast.  I watched games there for a number of years when I would go to Hawaii for Christmas and would see guys eating eggs and drinking beer and coffee.

I despise coffee but have found that I like coffee flavored stouts.  It isn't as overwhelming as you would think. 

Try it - ya just might like it.  then again - maybe not.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:08 PM, 17years&waiting said:

I like beer and I like Zweigles, but I don't know if I could drink this.  Cheers to those who try -- they are braver than I.

The beer doesn't taste like notdawgs,  it is a play off the color.  Red for a red ale and White for a white ale.  Rochester based brewery where those damn dawgs are made.  I hate em.

I pray someone has already stated this but it was a DOH moment to me.....I happen to like craft brews......

On 7/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT even close bro.....we're talikn' prime dawgs versus rescue meat...:thumbsup:.

Vienna Beef hot dogs in Chicago are something special.The best that I have ever tasted!

On 7/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, eball said:

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

Yuck!!!! Probably tastes like it came straight out of the ***** ditch!  NOT that I know what that tastes like!  ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, Success said:

Beer is much to important in my life to trifle with novelty ideas and gimmicks.

+1

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Vienna Beef hot dogs in Chicago are something special.The best that I have ever tasted!

Vienna Beef not bad.

Even better WERE:

test_bestskosher.jpg

BUT, they quit making them.

Next best are, IMO:

Red Hot Chicago

91TNsaELTBL._SY450_.jpg

Try those bad boys...