Has anyone tried this? NFL-themed beers...

eball

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

Do not drink coffee so would never try it.  It would sell better in Hawaii where people watch game with breakfast.  I watched games there for a number of years when I would go to Hawaii for Christmas and would see guys eating eggs and drinking beer and coffee.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....not an NFL themed one, but most in WNY know about Zweigles hot dogs (THE best).....but hot dog flavored beer does sound disgusting....

image.png.717e830e06c4df2aa6f7a7c097fc9795.png

I like beer and I like Zweigles, but I don't know if I could drink this.  Cheers to those who try -- they are braver than I.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

I'll bet it's a bitter brew.

5 hours ago, eball said:

Its a solid beer. Everything Big Ditch does is related to the Erie Canal or Buffalo.  They do a nice job with that.   The name big ditch is the nickname for the canal, for example.  

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....not an NFL themed one, but most in WNY know about Zweigles hot dogs (THE best).....but hot dog flavored beer does sound disgusting....

They are not hot dog flavored, they are designed to be paired best with a red or white hot. Still not gonna try one.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Zweigles over sahlens in Buffalo??

Maybe in backwoods Rochester ?

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT even close bro.....we're talikn' prime dawgs versus rescue meat...:thumbsup:.

I'm mean that's opinion

90% of buffalonians would take a sahlen over a zweigles and 90% of Rochester would be the opposite

sales and demographic show that

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm mean that's opinion

90% of buffalonians would take a sahlen over a zweigles and 90% of Rochester would be the opposite

Buffalo sales show that

....just a playful jab.......never had a Sahlen so I cannot fairly respond...BUT...I'm havin 3 Zweigles WHITES in five minutes....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1