Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
eball

Has anyone tried this? NFL-themed beers...

Recommended Posts

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

 

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thought of drinking a milk stout in this summer heat is vomit inducing. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....not an NFL themed one, but most in WNY know about Zweigles hot dogs (THE best).....but hot dog flavored beer does sound disgusting....

 

 

image.png.717e830e06c4df2aa6f7a7c097fc9795.png

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not drink coffee so would never try it.  It would sell better in Hawaii where people watch game with breakfast.  I watched games there for a number of years when I would go to Hawaii for Christmas and would see guys eating eggs and drinking beer and coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....not an NFL themed one, but most in WNY know about Zweigles hot dogs (THE best).....but hot dog flavored beer does sound disgusting....

 

 

image.png.717e830e06c4df2aa6f7a7c097fc9795.png

I like beer and I like Zweigles, but I don't know if I could drink this.  Cheers to those who try -- they are braver than I.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eball said:

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

 

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

I'll bet it's a bitter brew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eball said:

Found this in an ESPN article about the best NFL-themed beers and I have admittedly never heard of it.  Clever though...

 

Make Me Wanna Stout | Big Ditch Brewing Co. | Buffalo, New York

1994221524_MakeMeWannaStout.thumb.jpeg.bb9ecd32d36b5711b42c4f8085f11ccf.jpeg

Make Me Wanna Stout was so popular during football season that it's now available year-round in Western New York. Courtesy of Buffalo News

Tribute to: Bills' fight song, "Shout"

Beer style: Coffee and cream stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.2%

When it was brewed: It was first made in 2016, but Big Ditch started canning it only last year. It became so popular around Western New York that it eventually became available year-round.

Why a coffee and cream stout? Here's what president and co-founder Matt Kahn had to say: "We were looking for something that was good for pregaming. Pregaming is a well-partaken-in tradition for Buffalo Bills fans, you could say, both at home and at the stadium. We were sort of thinking, 'Hey, wake up, have your coffee with your beer, too.' The ABV is light enough that you can get a few in you, get some caffeine in you, too. It's a good wake-up-and-go beer. It's almost like a can of alcoholic iced coffee."

Key ingredients: Coffee (the beans come from a local roaster called Public Espresso), milk, sugar, roasted barley, oatmeal, U.S. Northern Brewer hops

 

Its a solid beer. Everything Big Ditch does is related to the Erie Canal or Buffalo.  They do a nice job with that.   The name big ditch is the nickname for the canal, for example.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This one sucks

Image result for new england patriots beer

 

This one is for under inflated cheating women

 

Image result for new england patriots beer
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....not an NFL themed one, but most in WNY know about Zweigles hot dogs (THE best).....but hot dog flavored beer does sound disgusting....

 

 

image.png.717e830e06c4df2aa6f7a7c097fc9795.png

 

They are not hot dog flavored, they are designed to be paired best with a red or white hot. Still not gonna try one.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This one sucks

Image result for new england patriots beer

 

 

I actually had one of these.....it tasted kinda flat

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

The thought of drinking a milk stout in this summer heat is vomit inducing. 

 

I just got off the river here and it's like 1,000 degrees. Couldn't agree more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....not an NFL themed one, but most in WNY know about Zweigles hot dogs (THE best).....but hot dog flavored beer does sound disgusting....

 

 

image.png.717e830e06c4df2aa6f7a7c097fc9795.png

Zweigles over sahlens in Buffalo??

 

Maybe in backwoods Rochester 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Zweigles over sahlens in Buffalo??

 

Maybe in backwoods Rochester 😂

...NOT even close bro.....we're talikn' prime dawgs versus rescue meat...:thumbsup:.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT even close bro.....we're talikn' prime dawgs versus rescue meat...:thumbsup:.

I'm mean that's opinion

 

90% of buffalonians would take a sahlen over a zweigles and 90% of Rochester would be the opposite

 

sales and demographic show that

Edited by Buffalo716

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm mean that's opinion

 

90% of buffalonians would take a sahlen over a zweigles and 90% of Rochester would be the opposite

 

Buffalo sales show that

....just a playful jab.......never had a Sahlen so I cannot fairly respond...BUT...I'm havin 3 Zweigles WHITES in five minutes....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....just a playful jab.......never had a Sahlen so I cannot fairly respond...

I know lol

 

They are the 2 premier sausage/ hot dog makers in WNY

 

I would expect both to be top notch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I know lol

 

They are the 2 premier sausage/ hot dog makers in WNY

 

I would expect both to be top notch

...but in my brew flavor?....prolly NOT............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...but in my brew flavor?....prolly NOT............

Omg lmao 

 

DEFINITELY NOT in a brew 🤮

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

The thought of drinking a milk stout in this summer heat is vomit inducing. 

agreed.  On a cold winter day, sure.  But anything 60F plus?   Hellll no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Omg lmao 

 

DEFINITELY NOT in a brew 🤮

 

What about using as in basting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

What about using as in basting?

Like basting a hotdog in the beer?

 

I've heard worse ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'll bet it's a bitter brew.

I didn’t think it was bitter.  It’s not like a Russian Imperial Stout.  It’s not a milk stout either.  It’s an easy drinking stout but not your summer beach beer at all.  I enjoyed it (in November)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

I didn’t think it was bitter.  It’s not like a Russian Imperial Stout.  It’s not a milk stout either.  It’s an easy drinking stout but not your summer beach beer at all.  I enjoyed it (in November)

Was kidding...Bills fan, bitter...I'm sure it is one I'd like.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

 

I just got off the river here and it's like 1,000 degrees. Couldn't agree more.

 

You and @plenzmd1 should summer together in a nice cabin outside of Anchorage!    😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...