Does anyone here not have central AC?

On 7/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

You keep your thermostat at 80?????

Are you trying to live like someone in Kuwait?

That’s where I’m at. I keep the downstairs at 68 and my bedroom at about 65 or lower. Just the thought of anything over 70 makes me want to break out in hives. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

This x1,000

I am hating the recent heat/humidity. When I was younger I had issues at times were it seemed hard to breathe, like I had something sitting on my chest, doctors checked me out and said that I could try an inhaler but my dad for some reason decided I wouldn't need one and said I would be fine. I have had that same feeling recently at times in the heat/humidity and it's worse now when you have bruising under your arm and ribs......

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I am hating the recent heat/humidity. When I was younger I had issues at times were it seemed hard to breathe, like I had something sitting on my chest, doctors checked me out and said that I could try an inhaler but my dad for some reason decided I wouldn't need one and said I would be fine. I have had that same feeling recently at times in the heat/humidity and it's worse now when you have bruising under your arm and ribs......

It’s also worse when your fat too. 

Humidity sucks all the life out of you. When I lived in Vegas for a few years, one summer we broke records for heat. It was something like 45 days straight of 110+ and like 17 days straight of 115+. 

115* is definitely hot. But I’ll tell you what, I’d rather live with 105 all day long with the humidity there (3% was high) than 85 here in Buffalo, any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

At 105 there you could wear pants and a long sleeve shirt and tie and be fairly comfortable. In fact it felt better because it blocked the sun on your skin. But here... don’t even think about it. I wear a long sleeve shirt and pants where I work with no AC the walls sweat there. Just standing still there, Not doing a thing, I can feel the sweat dripping down my body. (Don’t get too excited thinking about that) 

Edited by mrags

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s also worse when your fat too. 

Humidity sucks all the life out of you. When I lived in Vegas for a few years, one summer we broke records for heat. It was something like 45 days straight of 110+ and like 17 days straight of 115+. 

115* is definitely hot. But I’ll tell you what, I’d rather live with 105 all day long with the humidity there (3% was high) than 85 here in Buffalo, any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

At 105 there you could wear pants and a long sleeve shirt and tie and be fairly comfortable. In fact it felt better because it blocked the sun on your skin. But here... don’t even think about it. I wear a long sleeve shirt and pants where I work with no AC the walls sweat there. Just standing still there, Not doing a thing, I can feel the sweat dripping down my body. (Don’t get too excited thinking about that) 

That's why they say 'its a dry heat' when talking about Arizona and Nevada......

Up here when it's 80-90 it's HOT because it's so humid and you sweat, but there 80-90 isnt unbearable unless your directly exposed to the sun.

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's why they say 'its a dry heat' when talking about Arizona and Nevada......

Up here when it's 80-90 it's HOT because it's so humid and you sweat, but there 80-90 isnt unbearable unless your directly exposed to the sun.

https://images.app.goo.gl/rEBsAaEteMDgmZCVA

(I have no idea how to add gifs)

Edited by mrags

On 7/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Glen Falls Tavern.

Sorry to hear that..just maybe they had problems with the system that day?

Milt Northrop and Mike Robitaille are locals/staples there..they would have raised he'll if they weren't comfortable..ha.

I hope you enjoyed the food,I've been there many,many times...Milt's wife sang happy birthday to me the way Marilyn Monroe did it.? 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sorry to hear that..just maybe they had problems with the system that day?

Milt Northrop and Mike Robitaille are locals/staples there..they would have raised he'll if they weren't comfortable..ha.

I hope you enjoyed the food,I've been there many,many times...Milt's wife sang happy birthday to me the way Marilyn Monroe did it.? 

The food was good and the service was very friendly. I was not unhappy at all and Williamsville is a wonderful town. I have not been to WNY for a while and this trip reminded me of why I like it so much.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here in New Mexico, we have a swamp cooler that sucks in air and uses water to cool the house. This only works in desert environments because the humidity would render it useless. It's gonna be 100 plus for a week, so it's not super effective. It's fine at 95, which is the average in June and July. Those are the only two months it's a bit of an issue. Meh.