Josh Allen Chicago

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

you always say nice positive things to fans of bad teams

you never know if the fan might snap on the spot if you talk about the reality

Ha! Well he may have sized me up on the way to the car! ?

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

I am in NYC for the the 4th.  Had a Bills shirt on yesterday walking around Times Square.   Got at least 20 "Go Bills", which is not surprising...but what was surprising is that a couple of Pats fans, including one at John's Pizzeria last night, stopped to say they are "worried about the Bills dethroning the Pats" this year.  Both were big Josh Allen fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Tyrod was....

what are you doing?

throw it!

throw it!

run !

run!

get down!

WTF are you doing out there???

fond memories of me and the TV screen

I think after three years, my dog and at least one of my cats thought their name was "THROW THE ***** BALL!!!!!!!!!!!" because I said it so many times.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Ha! Well he may have sized me up on the way to the car! ?

i always figured if they saw my Bills cap they were thinking "Dude, you must be a true fan...." and felt sorry for me.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

How many people do you know who would have said "yeah, I think this is Jay Cutler's year too!"?

8 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

While My car is in the shop I have been using Lyft to get to work. While talking to the driver about football this morning, I mentioned the Bills and asked him his impressions of the team. His first reply was "You have  Josh Allen" I found that exciting. When I asked him about Allen and his so called weaknesses, he said that Allen has heart and guts. He said Don't worry man...he is young and going to be good! It was a nice start to my day. Good to hear that Allen is recognized. I thought I would share this! That's it.

Have you ever met @ExiledInIllinois?  He is a 51 year old virgin who lives off your tax money.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

How many people do you know who would have said "yeah, I think this is Jay Cutler's year too!"?

Ha! I have been around long enough to know better. He meant it...didn't sound contrived.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, Rocket94 said:

While My car is in the shop I have been using Lyft to get to work. While talking to the driver about football this morning, I mentioned the Bills and asked him his impressions of the team. His first reply was "You have  Josh Allen" I found that exciting. When I asked him about Allen and his so called weaknesses, he said that Allen has heart and guts. He said Don't worry man...he is young and going to be good! It was a nice start to my day. Good to hear that Allen is recognized. I thought I would share this! That's it.

That’s cool Rocket.  I really believe he will improve in his completion rating this year with I’m hopeful of a better line, Beasley, and Jones underneath, instead of tucking and running.  Besides how fun will it be watching Foster and Brown catching the most deep, over 30 yard passes in the NFL.

I can’t wait for camp.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think after three years, my dog and at least one of my cats thought their name was "THROW THE ***** BALL!!!!!!!!!!!" because I said it so many times.

I laughed out loud reading these.  My dog feels the same way.  One of the many tragedies associated with battered Bills fan syndrome.  

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s cool Rocket.  I really believe he will improve in his completion rating this year with I’m hopeful of a better line, Beasley, and Jones underneath, instead of tucking and running.  Besides how fun will it be watching Foster and Brown catching the most deep, over 30 yard passes in the NFL.

I can’t wait for camp.

Maybe he caught me off guard or it was way too early in the morning. I didn't expect to hear about Josh Allen. Anyway, he was believable!

15 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

I laughed out loud reading these.  My dog feels the same way.  One of the many tragedies associated with battered Bills fan syndrome.  

Yes! instead of mentioning four consecutive Super Bowl losses, the driver took pity on me and praised our young QB!

On 7/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, Rocket94 said:

Indeed, Allen 's one of the more charismatic players in the league, one would have to be living in a hole to not know who he is, eh.  

Play for play he was arguably right up there with several of the most exciting plays in the entire league last season.  It was only a 10-yard gaine but I'd put that play of Allen hurdling Anthony Barr (who's good) on 3rd-and-10 for the 1st-down right up there.  

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

I know. Whenever I am in Ontario because I am afraid a Kanuck will crack up so I say the Maple Leafs are a good team. 

18 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Indeed, Allen 's one of the more charismatic players in the league, one would have to be living in a hole to not know who he is, eh.  

Play for play he was arguably right up there with several of the most exciting plays in the entire league last season.  It was only a 10-yard gaine but I'd put that play of Allen hurdling Anthony Barr (who's good) on 3rd-and-10 for the 1st-down right up there.  

Whether he was being truthful or not (I feel he was) the timing was right. Perhaps I have gotten sensitive. about Allen because of the sports writers criticizing his game.

20 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I know...I liked Bledsoe. He could throw with anybody. If he were more mobile he would have extended his career.

If he could play in the playoffs he would have extended his career.  Mark Rypien was no more mobile than Bledsoe, perhaps even less, but at least he could pass well against good teams.  Bledsoe sucked moose weenie when it came to playoffs passing.  

The Pats never won a playoff game because of him, only in spite of him.  I was so miffed when he got hurt and they traded him to us.  We were a Bledsoe injury away from Brady having left the Pats like so many other late-round pick QBs over the years.  

Here are Bledsoe's playoff stats over 7 playoff games, all with NE; 

1,335 Yards, 51.2%, 6 TDs, 12 INTs, a rating of 54.9, 17 sacks, a YPA of 5.30 and an AYPA of 3.63.  

That's a per-game average of less than 1 TD, 1.7 INTs, 191 Yards, 2.4 sacks.  The Pats' O average 18.4 PPG in those games.  40% of the paltry 129 points in those 7 games came from D/STs (28) and FGs (24).  The offense was only responsible for 77 points (11 PPG) and only 42 of those points were Bledsoe TD passes.  The other 35 were rushing TDs.  

Those are entirely pathetic numbers.  

Just now, Ronin said:

If he could play in the playoffs he would have extended his career.  Mark Rypien was no more mobile than Bledsoe, perhaps even less, but at least he could pass well against good teams.  Bledsoe sucked moose weenie when it came to playoffs passing.  

The Pats never won a playoff game because of him, only in spite of him.  I was so miffed when he got hurt and they traded him to us.  We were a Bledsoe injury away from Brady having left the Pats like so many other late-round pick QBs over the years.  

Here are Bledsoe's playoff stats over 7 playoff games, all with NE; 

1,335 Yards, 51.2%, 6 TDs, 12 INTs, a rating of 54.9, 17 sacks, a YPA of 5.30 and an AYPA of 3.63.  

That's a per-game average of less than 1 TD, 1.7 INTs, 191 Yards, 2.4 sacks.  The Pats' O average 18.4 PPG in those games.  40% of the paltry 129 points in those 7 games came from D/STs (28) and FGs (24).  The offense was only responsible for 77 points (11 PPG) and only 42 of those points were Bledsoe TD passes.  The other 35 were rushing TDs.  

Those are entirely pathetic numbers.  

Good point. I had forgotten about Bledsoe's playoff performances.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Whether he was being truthful or not (I feel he was) the timing was right. Perhaps I have gotten sensitive. about Allen because of the sports writers criticizing his game.

Well, to be fair I'm critical of his play.  He's exciting, but his passing leaves much to be desired, but we were talking about recongizability and that kinda thing, eh.  

We'll see.  As with everyone else I'm hopeful, but unlike most others I'm simply not seeing it right now.  

For example, while that play that I referred to was off-the-charts exciting, if any one of those three other defenders after Barr had been a little closer, close enough to have leveled Allen in the air it could have sent him to the bench with a completely different outcome.  We were up 17-0 at that point and Minny hadn't done anything at all up to that point, it was beyond clear that they had come in flat.  He's gotta protect himself more than that.  That's stuff's fine in college but it's going to get him killed in the NFL if he keeps it up.  

Either way, excitement doesn't always translate to winning or sound offensive performance, ... as last season bore out.  

Edited by Ronin
  • Like (+1) 1