Josh Allen Chicago

1 minute ago, Ronin said:

I think that they could have done more, better than they did.  I think it's going to cost them.  I don't think that they had the luxury of being able to go defense in round 1 this year regardless of whom they found available.  I really think that they should have grabbed Dillard.  

Time will tell on this year's picks. Let's see how this "new" OL" works out...I would like to see another impact DE as well.

11 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Time will tell on this year's picks. Let's see how this "new" OL" works out...I would like to see another impact DE as well.

Indeed, definitely need a pass-rusher or two, particularly with Lorax at 36 and in his last season and Hughes aging with no one to backfill on the edges.  

Hopefully Oliver's everything that they say.  

1 minute ago, Ronin said:

Indeed, definitely need a pass-rusher or two, particularly with Lorax at 36 and in his last season and Hughes aging with no one to backfill on the edges.  

Hopefully Oliver's everything that they say.  

Oliver should be a menace early on. I expect impact from him. I like his approach as well...outside of one coach, nothing seems to bother him

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Oliver should be a menace early on. I expect impact from him. I like his approach as well...outside of one coach, nothing seems to bother him

It’s nice to look forward to a season without having to psyche ourselves up

Or like totally lie to ourself 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I think that they could have done more, better than they did.  I think it's going to cost them.  I don't think that they had the luxury of being able to go defense in round 1 this year regardless of whom they found available.  I really think that they should have grabbed Dillard.  

In all seriousness, don't think so much.  It's football and we fans should try to enjoy it.

Let the season go a few games.

There is some evidence that things could be much more fun to watch this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

In all seriousness, don't think so much.  It's football and we fans should try to enjoy it.

I know. That is why any theme to this thread would be one of a relaxed tone. Just kick it!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

We’ve been here for 25 years of promises and total bull crap.

thanks for your lofty view on how it’s fun

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

MO 

I do my best to separate it from factual info, which is why I stated it like that.  

Either way, we'll see.  If this OL isn't what it's supposed to be, if Morse stays hurt and continues to have injury issues, then I suspect others will have thought the same in hindsight.  

When you have a risky investment like Allen it would seem that one would go out of the way to ensure his ultimate success.  

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Correct.  The onus is on this team to prove it to us, not visa versa.  

'tis the season for talk, amongst fans and otherwise. :)  

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I'm looking forward to the new season but you continue to tear at your clothes and throw dirt in your hair if we want.

It's your right.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:00 AM, Ronin said:

Well, to be fair I'm critical of his play.  He's exciting, but his passing leaves much to be desired, but we were talking about recongizability and that kinda thing, eh.  

We'll see.  As with everyone else I'm hopeful, but unlike most others I'm simply not seeing it right now.  

For example, while that play that I referred to was off-the-charts exciting, if any one of those three other defenders after Barr had been a little closer, close enough to have leveled Allen in the air it could have sent him to the bench with a completely different outcome.  We were up 17-0 at that point and Minny hadn't done anything at all up to that point, it was beyond clear that they had come in flat.  He's gotta protect himself more than that.  That's stuff's fine in college but it's going to get him killed in the NFL if he keeps it up.  

Either way, excitement doesn't always translate to winning or sound offensive performance, ... as last season bore out.  

"Well, to be fair I'm critical of his play. " . . .  REALLY! Wow! There's news.

• Like (+1) 1

I just temporarily moved to Las Cruces, NM of all places. I walk into a dollar store and me and some random guy recognize that we're both wearing Bills hats; small world. Had a brief conversation about our doubts and hopes regarding JA. Being a Bills fan really is a fraternity of sorts.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I just temporarily moved to Las Cruces, NM of all places. I walk into a dollar store and me and some random guy recognize that we're both wearing Bills hats; small world. Had a brief conversation about our doubts and hopes regarding JA. Being a Bills fan really is a fraternity of sorts.

What are their thoughts on Allen?

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I know...this was supposed to be a light hearted thread! 

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

What are their thoughts on Allen?

We were both pretty much in the same boat; cautiously optimistic, but still somewhat skeptical. I need to see him hit the short and intermediate routes with consistency before I'll be "sold." He's a fun guy to watch, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Bills fan not extremely intrigued to see how he'll progress.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

We were both pretty much in the same boat; cautiously optimistic, but still somewhat skeptical. I need to see him hit the short and intermediate routes with consistency before I'll be "sold." He's a fun guy to watch, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Bills fan not extremely intrigued to see how he'll progress.

Of course I am intrigued as well. He was thrust in to the role and didn't even play a full season. 2019 will tell us a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I had responded to you.  

Thanks for the significant contribution in butt-in fashion to the overall conversation.  Feel better?  

And not that there's anything to be critical about or anything given his top-5 passing performance last season.  

Just sayin' ....