Death of the Hefty Lefty

18 hours ago, gobillsatthebeach said:

He correctly notes that your level can be at 170 or 180 and still have a heart attack.  The goal is to get it down to 150 or less and your LDL below 80. No recorded heart attacks at those levels.  

NO recorded heart attacks with a total cholesterol of <150 and an LDL <80? I hope that's correct, but I seriously doubt it.

Feeling the love here in this thread. Seriously, it’s refreshing -and I realize more people are into fitness & diet than at any time previously.

And now, for something completely different: Now in my early 60’s and with zero family history of any critical illness -physical or mental, I’m ridiculously challenging it all. Centurions abound in my family for generations and I have absolutely no desire to go that far. Consequently, I smoke like a fiend, drink to excess, sleep at all different hours and eat whatever the hell I want, whenever I want. I’ve traveled the world, been married for 37 years and have wonderful children and grandkids. I have no bucket list as I’ve done just about everything I ever wanted to do. Wifee; ‘don’t you want to see our granddaughter get married?’ No, not really. What’s a marriage even mean today? Anyway, while I count my many blessings, I’m all too aware of my likely course and I’m doing everything I can to alter the outcome. I’ll keep you posted. Morning cocktails on me, fellas!

Just another perspective to consider.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2