Dolphins DL Kendrick Norton has arm amputated following serious car wreck

17 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Supposedly the other involved car was a Maserati, which doesn't surprise me based on the drivers up here in the Toronto area.

Is this supposed to be a tasteless joke?

Yes.  It is absolutely a tasteless joke.  My apologies to all that I’ve offended

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....July 5, 2009.......had the ribs and chicken on the grill...my son had just helped me clean the pool....said he had to run over to a girl's house and would be back in 20 minutes.....my late wife's cell rang and it was the County Sheriff....."your son was involved in a serious accident and is en route to the hospital.......we're not sure if he will survive"......a call a parent NEVER wants...t-boned by a drunk 19 year old who drank through the day and night on the 4th into the 5th (he died a day later)....my son's Ford Explorer barrel rolled for 75 feet, ending up against a tree, stopping it from hitting a house with him ejected through the windshield....somehow after 80+ stitches and staples, broken femur, 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung and two broken hips, all of which required more surgical hardware than Home Depot could ever stock, we did make it.....today he is a 245 lb monster....PLEASE, PLEASE fellow TBD brethren, BE SAFE this holiday weekend.....

Will do Sir !!  My UBER is on it's way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....July 5, 2009.......had the ribs and chicken on the grill...my son had just helped me clean the pool....said he had to run over to a girl's house and would be back in 20 minutes.....my late wife's cell rang and it was the County Sheriff....."your son was involved in a serious accident and is en route to the hospital.......we're not sure if he will survive"......a call a parent NEVER wants...t-boned by a drunk 19 year old who drank through the day and night on the 4th into the 5th (he died a day later)....my son's Ford Explorer barrel rolled for 75 feet, ending up against a tree, stopping it from hitting a house with him ejected through the windshield....somehow after 80+ stitches and staples, broken femur, 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung and two broken hips, all of which required more surgical hardware than Home Depot could ever stock, we did make it.....today he is a 245 lb monster....PLEASE, PLEASE fellow TBD brethren, BE SAFE this holiday weekend.....

I can’t imagine a more horrific feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

Many prayers...

The Sun Sentinel reported that Norton, 22, had to have his left arm amputated at the scene of the multiple-car accident to extricate him from the truck. 

Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Alex Camacho says the Ford F250 Norton was driving crashed into a concrete barrier and overturned early Thursday on State Road 836 near Miami.

The Miami Herald reported that, according to a family friend, Norton's truck was cut off and wound up flipping as a result.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Wow!  Was your son wearing a seatbelt?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is just awful.  I can’t help but wonder what the EMTs used to amputate his arm ??

It could've been trapped between the window and destroyed or something

Hanging by a thread and to get him out it just needed to be fully removed

Idk I have no clue this is so sad

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Going to a friends for dinner about 30 minutes away. The wife will be driving, and she very rarely drinks ANY alcohol. I’m still nervous. It’s not HER I’m worried about, it’s all he other idiots on the road! 

• Like (+1) 4

Hope it wasn't his drinking arm.

(In a few days no one will care one bit about this story. So those people who are righteous right now will be back to forgetting bad stuff happens all the time. Get angry at what I say now but you will forget and make a joke in the same manner b.c in the end if we felt bad over every single thing that happened to every human in the world, this world would commit suicide.) Get off your moral high horse!

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Poor guy I hope they took the arm with them for possible reattaching but if they did it at the scene I’d think that’s unlikely. 

Is that even possible?  I thought once a limb was removed, it is gone for good.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It is definitely possible.  There was a kid in Iowa iirc, cut both his arms off above the elbow on a piece of farm equipment.  He was alone, so he ran to the house and somehow called 911 with is face, this was before cell phones. They reattached both arms.  I don't think he has much usage of them, but he has his arms.

Found the story, it was North Dakota not Iowa: https://people.com/archive/too-tough-to-die-vol-37-no-4/

Edited by MacGyver
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I know they’ve reattached fingers and hands but presume that needs to happen immediately after the accident.  

What a a terrible story.

Got where we were headed this weekend before noon to avoid both traffic and drunks.