Dolphins DL Kendrick Norton has arm amputated following serious car wreck

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy sh**balls, that’s awful. Between the rollover and bleeding issues, that must have been the best option. 

Edited by jimmy10

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

And just like that.....how life can change. Take nothing for granted. Hug your loved ones. 

Best wishes to the young man. 

....July 5, 2009.......had the ribs and chicken on the grill...my son had just helped me clean the pool....said he had to run over to a girl's house and would be back in 20 minutes.....my late wife's cell rang and it was the County Sheriff....."your son was involved in a serious accident and is en route to the hospital.......we're not sure if he will survive"......a call a parent NEVER wants...t-boned by a drunk 19 year old who drank through the day and night on the 4th into the 5th (he died a day later)....my son's Ford Explorer barrel rolled for 75 feet, ending up against a tree, stopping it from hitting a house with him ejected through the windshield....somehow after 80+ stitches and staples, broken femur, 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung and two broken hips, all of which required more surgical hardware than Home Depot could ever stock, we did make it.....today he is a 245 lb monster....PLEASE, PLEASE fellow TBD brethren, BE SAFE this holiday weekend.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Sad 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 9

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....July 5, 2009.......had the ribs and chicken on the grill...my son had just helped me clean the pool....said he had to run over to a girl's house and would be back in 20 minutes.....my late wife's cell rang and it was the County Sheriff....."your son was involved in a serious accident and is en route to the hospital.......we're not sure if he will survive"......a call a parent NEVER wants...t-boned by a drunk 19 year old who drank through the day and night on the 4th into the 5th (he died a day later)....my son's Ford Explorer barrel rolled for 75 feet, ending up against a tree, stopping it from hitting a house with him ejected through the windshield....somehow after 80+ stitches and staples, broken femur, 4 broken ribs, collapsed lung and two broken hips, all of which required more surgical hardware than Home Depot could ever stock, we did make it.....today he is a 245 lb monster....PLEASE, PLEASE fellow TBD brethren, BE SAFE this holiday weekend.....

All too true, Oldie. I spent a career seeing tragedy up close and personal. A person’s life can be turned upside down in literally a moment. Hell, it happened to me when I was a kid.

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

All too true, Oldie. I spent a career seeing tragedy up close and personal. A person’s life can be turned upside down in literally a moment. Hell, it happened to me when I was a kid.

...BOE, I cannot even begin to imagine what you have seen in your storied career....still finding the resolve to continue despite multiple horrific scenes etched in your memory, is a true dedication to your service....Happy & Safe 4th my friend.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

And just like that.....how life can change. Take nothing for granted. Hug your loved ones. 

Best wishes to the young man. 

I know all too well from first hand experience. sad how sometimes it takes a tragedy to realize that we should never take anything in life for granted.

sad deal for that young man.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Holy crap. I have 2 teenage sons that just started driving. That is so scary. Thank God he survived.

regarding Norton, very happy he survived but survival will be bittersweet for awhile because it cost him his livelihood, and likely his “identity” at this time. I hope he has strong people around him...

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

well put my friend!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I read that he got cut off by someone, leading to the rollover. Terrible 

Supposedly the other involved car was a Maserati, which doesn't surprise me based on the drivers up here in the Toronto area.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Such a sad event.  I hope he can move on with his life.

Rumor has it that the EMTs were on the patriots payroll

Is this supposed to be a tasteless joke?

• Thank you (+1) 1