Saints beat Colts in the SuperBowl, Bills win 10 games, Browns lose 10 games, Matt Patricia fired Mid-season

On 7/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

BILLS-Bills-Win-10-Games-Josh-Allen-pic-

32 Bold Predictions for the 2019 NFL Season

Keep in mind that Sean McDermott took the Bills to the playoffs two seasons ago with Tyrod Taylor at quarterback.

Don't kid yourselves.  2017 was 1999 redux.  The offense had very little to do with making the playoffs.  It was all D.  We won games on the road we shouldn't have and won all but two games in the division.  None of that happened last year. 

It's garbage to keep hearing we had one of the very best defenses last year.  I laugh at the idiots all over the web who keep spouting that crap by rationalizing this slant with skewed metrics.  Good defenses do NOT surrender 4th quarter leads nor do they continually give up 100 yards rushing to mediocre running backs when we're supposed to have a stout D-line.  Star was a joke and didn't help the team. 

I really believed we would make the playoffs easily with these defensive "improvements" because after all wasn't Allen a huge upgrade over Tyrod?  I may be of the minority opinion here that our D actually regressed because we had a lack of pressure up front to create those turnovers from 2017. 

We all knew that the offense would struggle again but who saw our defense take a nosedive?  I pray Edmunds continues to improve a Milano will be a stud shortly and have PB considerations.  White is already an All-Pro in my eyes.  Our safety tandem will only return to form.

with a much improved O-line, Shady will tear it up once again.  And Josh will put up huge numbers with a better receiving corps.  Any talk of Foster not making the team is laughable. 

If we have  a beast running game, I believe we will be playing in January.

14 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow. I don't expect the Browns to lose 10 games. I expect them to get 8 or 9 wins and miss the playoffs, though. I think the Browns are overrated because of their splashy moves.

This I agree with. I wonder if the "big names" will get in each others way.

15 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow. I don't expect the Browns to lose 10 games. I expect them to get 8 or 9 wins and miss the playoffs, though. I think the Browns are overrated because of their splashy moves.

I feel like the Browns and Bills are good test cases for various ways to build a team -- and they may both be successful.  The Browns have made the headlines with their acquisition of stars (Beckham), talent with a checkered past (Hunt), and a couple of #1 draft picks (Garrett, Mayfield).  The Bills have not made splashy moves and have built through the draft over the past few seasons, filling in holes with reasonably priced veteran free agents.  The Browns have egos on their roster, particularly on offense (Mayfield, Beckham, Landry), and the test will be whether they keep things in check for the benefit of the team when something inevitably goes wrong.  There is no similar concern in Buffalo as everyone seems to have "bought in" to McD's team-first culture.

As long as Mayfield doesn't regress there is no reason to think Cleveland won't be a solid team, although I admittedly don't know much about their defense outside of Garrett and Ward.  I think Buffalo will be solid as well, provided the OL reshuffle is finalized during training camp and Allen takes the expected step forward.

Cleveland is in a tougher overall division than the Bills.  I estimate their record will fall between 7 and 11 wins.  I still think 8-8 is the floor for the Bills and they could win as many as 12, if everything else remains constant (i.e., no significant injuries to key contributors).

38 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel like the Browns and Bills are good test cases for various ways to build a team -- and they may both be successful.  The Browns have made the headlines with their acquisition of stars (Beckham), talent with a checkered past (Hunt), and a couple of #1 draft picks (Garrett, Mayfield).  The Bills have not made splashy moves and have built through the draft over the past few seasons, filling in holes with reasonably priced veteran free agents.  The Browns have egos on their roster, particularly on offense (Mayfield, Beckham, Landry), and the test will be whether they keep things in check for the benefit of the team when something inevitably goes wrong.  There is no similar concern in Buffalo as everyone seems to have "bought in" to McD's team-first culture.

As long as Mayfield doesn't regress there is no reason to think Cleveland won't be a solid team, although I admittedly don't know much about their defense outside of Garrett and Ward.  I think Buffalo will be solid as well, provided the OL reshuffle is finalized during training camp and Allen takes the expected step forward.

Cleveland is in a tougher overall division than the Bills.  I estimate their record will fall between 7 and 11 wins.  I still think 8-8 is the floor for the Bills and they could win as many as 12, if everything else remains constant (i.e., no significant injuries to key contributors).

I think expectations for the Bills have been steadily climbing since the end of last season, and especially for Josh Allen in particular. I do think the team is heading in the right direction, but I don't expect them to be a dominant team, and I expect fans might be a little disappointed with Josh Allen after expecting him to be a super star.

So I think the Bills and Browns will be fairly similar record wise. Around 9 wins and one of them might get lucky and make the playoffs. Both Josh and Mayfield will take solid steps forward, but still make some costly mistakes from time to time.

But the Browns seem more volatile to me. I could see them imploding in a couple years. Mayfield is good, though, so they'll continue to build and tear down around him.