RIP Jared Lorenzen

JoeF

Jeremy SchaapVerified account @JeremySchaap

In a text to my colleague @RussDinallo, who produced our E:60 story on Jared Lorenzen, Lorenzen's mother Janet confirmed that Jared died today. He was only 38. Janet said, "I lost my sweet boy today after a long hard fight."

Sad.  Could never defeat his health and diet issues....There was always something mystical about a beer league guy playing QB in D1 and the Pros.  A big personality.  RIP...

Perhaps one of his finest moments even in defeat--7OT vs the Razorbacks in 2003...Jason Peters and the Senator George Wilson with OT TDs and 2 PT conversions for Arkanasas

Edited by JoeF
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Jeremy SchaapVerified account @JeremySchaap

In a text to my colleague @RussDinallo, who produced our E:60 story on Jared Lorenzen, Lorenzen's mother Janet confirmed that Jared died today. He was only 38. Janet said, "I lost my sweet boy today after a long hard fight."

Sad.  Could never defeat his health and diet issues....There was always something mystical about a beer league guy playing QB in D1 and the Pros.  A big personality.  RIP...

That's a shame. He was a blast to watch play.

RIP

• Like (+1) 1

Bummer.....he was always viewed as something of a circus act because of his weight,  but he made it to the top tier of professional sports, which is better than 99% of the population. Its sad when anyone dies that young. May he rest in peace. I'm sorry for his family. 

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Bummer.....he was always viewed as something of a circus act because of his weight,  but he made it to the top tier of professional sports, which is better than 99% of the population. Its sad when anyone dies that young. May he rest in peace. I'm sorry for his family. 

I never thought he was a circus act

He was a pro QB who played with an unorthodox style

He HAD to be huge with his play style .. he was playing backyard football in an organized sport

I loved the hefty lefty

Edited by Buffalo716

36 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He’s at peace, and I’m always sorry for the loved ones left behind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Oddly, I had just been reading a week ago how Dave Portney sold Barstool Sports (51%) to some media corp..............And, the guy who put them together was Jared Lorenzen.  I was like Wow, he must be doing good..............Then, I hear he's in ICU like three days later.  WTF  

6 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

More like 99.9999%