Five Teams Entering Their Super Bowl Window

The Dolphins Super Bowl window is this season. As the host team ownership can look out the window of their box and watch The AFC & NFC Champs playing each other in the Super Bowl with the realization their own team is light years away from being competitive against either one. 

The author is sucking up to the Dolphins in hopes of getting a good view on Super Bowl Sunday.  

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Actually, there's been considerable positive buzz about Flores on the NFL Network and other shows.  It's more than just his cred from being a Pats assistant.  Apparently, he's brought an entirely new mindset to the Carp.

The one I really don't get is San Francisco because Garoppolo has done squat in his five year career except ride the pine and collect checks either because he was a backup or he was hurt.  He's had 10 starts total going into his 6th NFL season.

Agreed on Flores. I think he's gonna break the mold in terms of Pats assistants flaming out.

As far as Jimmy G goes, I have a feeling he'll be telling the story of that magical 5 game run in 2017 Uncle Rico style. If I hadn't gotten injured, we'd have eventually taken state. No doubt in my mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

A-Rod is happy? I’d be pretty happy with a half a BILLION dollar$!   ?

I tried to cancel them for years, with no luck. Finally, the credit card number got cancelled after being compromised. They stopped coming.....for a while. A few years later one started showing up for free in my wife’s name. Few people in this great nation of ours (hey, it’s July 4th! Celebration time!) care less about sports than my wife. And she’s not into it for the swimsuit issue. I thought it was a pathetic attempt to up circulation. NOW, we get a second issue in the name of a deceased family member.  Just what we needed! 

They make Wells Fargo look like the standard of integrity! 

You can't ***** half a BILLION dollar$!

Now this...

JLo-headshot-by-Gabriel-Goldman.jpg?w=640&dpr=1&q=65&auto=format&fit=clip

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

You can't ***** half a BILLION dollar$!

Now this...

JLo-headshot-by-Gabriel-Goldman.jpg?w=640&dpr=1&q=65&auto=format&fit=clip

Is she an English teacher from Kentucky? Maybe a Librarian?  He’s probably too old for her....

• Haha (+1) 1

I would've added the Titans or Texans to this list instead of the Fins just because New England is so invincible as long as they have the two headed monster at coach and QB.  The AFC East will be wide open when Brady retires and us and the Jets are farther along than the Dolphins.  Odd choice by Orr but not surprising since he wrote this in May....  Maybe he thinks we're stuck in the middle.

Teams that have gotten the courage to rip their rosters down to the studs (having done so with a long-term vision and aligned organizational mentality) have usually been rewarded….I’d rather be a Dolphins fan right now than a lot of other teams stuck in the middle. – Connor Orr, MMQB

If you're a fan/columnist/writer who thinks Josh Allen will be a legitimate starting QB, then you must put the Bills in the "up and coming" list.  If you're not, then you ignore them.  This dude clearly is in the second group.

Miami -- lol.

17 hours ago, Logic said:

To put the Dolphins in there over not only the Bills, but Jets as well, is silly.

Even if he's not a Josh Allen fan, one would think that the Jets with Darnold (who showed great promise) and Le'Veon Bell on offense and CJ Mosley, Quinnen Williams, and Jamal Adams leading the defense ought to be in well ahead of the Dolphins. 

The Dolphins?! I mean...WHAT?! The argument could be made that they're literally the furthest from entering a "Super Bowl window" of any team in the league.

I'm guessing his thinking on the Jet's is Darnold will take at least another year or two to reach his prime, assuming he is the real deal.  But by then guys like Bell and others will be too far on the downslide.

Even if Flores and Rosen turn out to be the real deal, way too many other holes on Miami to be taken seriously.  They'd have to hit real big on all their draft picks.  And if you want to give Flores the benefit of the doubt because he's  from NE, then you have to give him doubtful marks on hitting on all their draft picks.  NE hasn't won all their Super Bowls of late due to great drafting.  More getting vets to sign for less for a chance to win a ring and overall good cap management and even that part I'm not certain of, but assume it's worked out as that's allowed them to sign all these guys.  Just way to many questions in Miami at this point to have any idea.

• Like (+1) 1