Five Teams Entering Their Super Bowl Window

Of the five listed, the Bears are probably not too far off.  But the others, no way.

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

I don't get all the Flores love in the media - not even sure he was a full DC last year.  If so, he only had one year in the job.  It will be interesting watching him and Gase in the AFCE next year.

He was an ex-Pats assistant coach, that's why.  Anyone coming from the Patriots gets the benefit of the doubt, then they flame out.

• Like (+1) 1

To put the Dolphins in there over not only the Bills, but Jets as well, is silly.

Even if he's not a Josh Allen fan, one would think that the Jets with Darnold (who showed great promise) and Le'Veon Bell on offense and CJ Mosley, Quinnen Williams, and Jamal Adams leading the defense ought to be in well ahead of the Dolphins. 

The Dolphins?! I mean...WHAT?! The argument could be made that they're literally the furthest from entering a "Super Bowl window" of any team in the league.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hey, look! SI is still around???

They even come out and say they might not be done bottoming out, which is something I like in my Super Bowl contenders...... what the.....

• Haha (+1) 2

Actually, there's been considerable positive buzz about Flores on the NFL Network and other shows.  It's more than just his cred from being a Pats assistant.  Apparently, he's brought an entirely new mindset to the Carp.

The one I really don't get is San Francisco because Garoppolo has done squat in his five year career except ride the pine and collect checks either because he was a backup or he was hurt.  He's had 10 starts total going into his 6th NFL season.

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hey, look! SI is still around???

They even come out and say they might not be done bottoming out, which is something I like in my Super Bowl contenders...... what the.....

My brother in law in London subscribes and it started coming to my house a few weeks ago (I think his US address was not good any longer).  The first article I read was about the upcoming labor dispute.....it was laughably bad.  It was nothing except a rehash of the strike from the 80s written with no perspective other than 'oh, look how the terrible owners abused the poor working class players!!' 

This week's big story was about how A-Rod is a great guy and super happy now!  Imagine that!!! 

44 minutes ago, Logic said:

To put the Dolphins in there over not only the Bills, but Jets as well, is silly.

Even if he's not a Josh Allen fan, one would think that the Jets with Darnold (who showed great promise) and Le'Veon Bell on offense and CJ Mosley, Quinnen Williams, and Jamal Adams leading the defense ought to be in well ahead of the Dolphins. 

The Dolphins?! I mean...WHAT?! The argument could be made that they're literally the furthest from entering a "Super Bowl window" of any team in the league.

If their coach is good - sure.  Last time they made it under Gase, they played a weak schedule - beat like 1 team with a winning record, and had their best roster in like a decade.  They also went 4-2 in the division which is unlikely from them this year when i look at that team.  

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

My brother in law in London subscribes and it started coming to my house a few weeks ago (I think his US address was not good any longer).  The first article I read was about the upcoming labor dispute.....it was laughably bad.  It was nothing except a rehash of the strike from the 80s written with no perspective other than 'oh, look how the terrible owners abused the poor working class players!!' 

This week's big story was about how A-Rod is a great guy and super happy now!  Imagine that!!! 

A-Rod is happy? I’d be pretty happy with a half a BILLION dollar$!   ?

I tried to cancel them for years, with no luck. Finally, the credit card number got cancelled after being compromised. They stopped coming.....for a while. A few years later one started showing up for free in my wife’s name. Few people in this great nation of ours (hey, it’s July 4th! Celebration time!) care less about sports than my wife. And she’s not into it for the swimsuit issue. I thought it was a pathetic attempt to up circulation. NOW, we get a second issue in the name of a deceased family member.  Just what we needed! 

They make Wells Fargo look like the standard of integrity! 

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

I don't get all the Flores love in the media - not even sure he was a full DC last year.  If so, he only had one year in the job.  It will be interesting watching him and Gase in the AFCE next year.

Nor me.