NFL HoF thinking about enshrining 20 members

54 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I could live with it as a one time thing, but overall I think overall the NFL HOF is too easy to get admitted too while MLB is too hard for selection.

a side committee just put Harold Baines in the HoF, so there goes your too hard....

there wasn't the remotest chance Harold even dreamt of deserving this

16 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The ceremony is long enough, imagine how long it would take with 20 inductions. They'd have to spread it over two or more days. 

More days? more tv? More tickets? More commercial?

Roger isn’t going to like this ?

15 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Pete Metzelaars

His firey red mullet is hall worthy 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I could live with it as a one time thing, but overall I think overall the NFL HOF is too easy to get admitted too while MLB is too hard for selection.

That’s what the HOF committee has stated; 1 time thing.

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Horrible idea.  Takes away from the prestige.  The HOF should not be handing out participation trophies.

somewhere Robert Royal is on an exercise bike wondering when his number will be called.

(for those who do not remember he thought he was on course for enshrinement)

I agree an emphasis should be placed on AFL and guys that played at a very high level but injuries cost them longevity.  That is a very hard group of players to evaluate. Guys like Reed and Monk made it mostly because of being very good for s very long period of time.  Guys like Terrell Davis and Tony Boselli have HOF seasons just too few.

This isn't a problem (aside from how long it would take to let everyone  speak) and the same qualifications to get in apply.

It won't devalue the honor just because they choose more then normal this year if the ones they chose are deserving of getting in.

And outside of maybe the egotistical divas, media and some fans, no one cares what year a player made it into the hall as long as they are in it. The honor is no less of an honor because it took one player 3 years and another got in on their first try.

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bonds and Clemens not in makes Cooperstown a joke

Flutie not being in the PFHOF makes it a joke.  I understand the requirements are that the football be played in the US, but (like it or not, agree or not) the CFL is a pro league.

3 hours ago, jleventakis said:

Flutie not being in the PFHOF makes it a joke.  I understand the requirements are that the football be played in the US, but (like it or not, agree or not) the CFL is a pro league.

The only problem is the "pro football hall of fame" is really the NFL hall of fame and that's why there is only 1 AFL player in the hall and no CFL players

It's always been an NFL hall of fame

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The only problem is the "pro football hall of fame" is really the NFL hall of fame and that's why there is only 1 AFL player in the hall and no CFL players

It's always been an NFL hall of fame

Len Dawson, Fred Blitnikoff, Joe Namath, Floyd Little, Otis Taylor, Lance Alworth say ‘Hi!’ from Canton, to name a few.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Len Dawson, Fred Blitnikoff, Joe Namath, Floyd Little, Otis Taylor, Lance Alworth say ‘Hi!’ from Canton, to name a few.

All of those guys also played in the NFL if I'm not mistaken

The only STRICTLY AFL PLAYER is Billy Shaw

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Can someone clarify the wording for me?  "Considering 20 players" could be taken different ways.

20 players are in the running

Vs

Inducting 20 players all at once.

in these times this means they have the normal handful but for politically correct emotionalism they will let 20 in.

which means the next 6 years of a handful enshrined will be bogus as well