Kaep enhances his job prospects by taking on Betsy Ross

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

For F's sake... does there always need to a controversy or hurt feelings up there?  (From both Kaep and his distractors.)

Sad.

when it comes to my pool heater and feelings...yeah...i'm hurt.

the more i think about this, the more i realize that we should start a thread for my pool heater.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We have E&Y Auditors on my floor all the time.  It's usually 23-28 year old girls.  There's a few that make me shake my head at how far they are out of my league.  These girls are going to marry trust fund babies and take half their money.  One in particular, I've never spoken a word to her but I would put a ring on her finger if she wanted it.  She's beautiful and I don't use that word lightly.

I know exactly the type youre talking about.

2 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Stupid, naive and gullible people are their number one demographic?

I'm pretty sure that's almost every company's target demographic.

8 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Let’s get rid of everything associated with our countries founding, because they all are connected and therefore, offensively evil! Let’s get rid of horses, cotton, and tea for starters! Enough of our racist ancestors and their poison that built the worst country ever formed! A country so terrible, that people flood into here by the thousands just to experience our oppression!

Every business day there are lines a mile long at US Consulates, regardless of weather, to get visa's here; and it's not in Europe!

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Every business day there are lines a mile long at US Consulates, regardless of weather, to get visa's here; and it's not in Europe!

That’s because most these people think if they make it to the U.S. they can make Nike’s in the U.S., only to find out they should have moved to Vietnam. 

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Yeah, this is not a direction I would go if I was him and wanting to get a job back in the NFL.  Absolutely nothing wrong with his concerns, and many others had them too.  However, for a guy who was a political lighting rod to the point teams just wouldn't touch him, this is an arena he should stay out of if he wants any chance of getting an NFL Job (which at this point I think most likely will never happen).
  2. He is right though, and so are the others with the same concerns.  The racist under belly has ruined a lot of things by adopting it as a symbol of their hate campaign.  Even the Nazi Swastika used to be a peaceful symbol...confederate flag had its history "forgotten" and made its way into Southern culture before being reminded it was a flag of hate again thanks to the recent rise of white nationalism (at least public rise), etc etc.  

So while a lot of people will just see this flag for its historical value of a birth of this nation, there are plenty of people using it promote very negative agendas and will be seen as such by many as well.  

Personally, its dumb that we even still have to have these conversations of hate, equality, racism, etc in this day and age in supposedly "the best country in the world".  But sadly, its still rooted heavy in our society and all the political rhetoric that last 3 years has helped bring a lot back up to the surface.  And now we have to deal with things like this where people will see it differently like all those stupid "What color is the dress" type arguments.  Some see birth of a nation, others see the hate some people use this flag for.  

Thank you!

The anger shouldn't be directed at Kaep necessarily. Why is there so little outrage that white supremacists and nationalists are using the OG American flag to replace the confederate flag. 

I am not sure I am with Kaep on this one, but this is a valid concern. I just think he is ahead of the curve on this issue actually. As the confederate flag is being phased out amongst the under class (yes, underclass, if you are a racist, you belong there), they have learned to adopt the Betsy Ross flag. While it has yet to catch on (give it 150 years) like the confederate flag, it is happening. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Let’s get rid of everything associated with our countries founding, because they all are connected and therefore, offensively evil! Let’s get rid of horses, cotton, and tea for starters! Enough of our racist ancestors and their poison that built the worst country ever formed! A country so terrible, that people flood into here by the thousands just to experience our oppression!

I bet your property taxes are wicked high.  Do you have a pool, too?

2 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Absurd? Absurd that this flag is used by the KKK and white supremacy groups? How dare anyone speak about this. While one can wonder how far it can go, this does have current relevancy.

So we should let hate groups co-op traditionally wholesome and patriotic symbols?  Not to mention that justification had nothing to do with the explanation for why he objected to the flag (used during the period of slavery).  

This is worse than kicking that guy out of Cubs stadium for using the OK sing.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

His numbers are more tyrod-esque than I would have guessed

I don't know about ya!l but I would be super excited if Wonder Boy put up tyrod-esque numbers and we made the playoffs again.

Or if he had tyrod-esque numbers and we went to back to back conference championships winning one and having a chance to win the SB on the last play.

Edited by reddogblitz

4 hours ago, BoldBully said:

The shoe design drew concern from Kaepernick because the former NFL star said the early flag has connections to slavery,

so if connections to slavery is a good enough reason to pull the original flag, maybe Nike should stop selling their product in all the states that fought on the confederate side

Or New York City which had a special port to import slaves. They were number 2 in the country for importing slaves.

I think most people don't get worked up over what white nationalist groups are doing because they are irrelevant. The whole basis of their beliefs makes them not worthy of time or discussion. Their insignificance only makes them try harder for attention. I think the vast majority of us can agree that they are a joke.

23 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So we should let hate groups co-op traditionally wholesome and patriotic symbols?  Not to mention that justification had nothing to do with the explanation for why he objected to the flag (used during the period of slavery).  

This is worse than kicking that guy out of Cubs stadium for using the OK sing.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Needle said:

I think most people don't get worked up over what white nationalist groups are doing because they are irrelevant. The whole basis of their beliefs makes them not worthy of time or discussion. Their insignificance only makes them try harder for attention. I think the vast majority of us can agree that they are a joke.

In May of this year, the KKK attempted to hold a rally in Dayton.  9 members showed up; they were confronted by 600 counter protesters.  

The event drew this headline: "KKK holds rally in Dayton, Ohio." Sounds pretty terrible, in isolation, but it ignores the reality on the ground: these are not serious groups, without serious support, and not worth our attention.  These isolated groups shouldn't be allowed to co-opt our national symbols.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

In May of this year, the KKK attempted to hold a rally in Dayton.  9 members showed up; they were confronted by 600 counter protesters.  

The event drew this headline: "KKK holds rally in Dayton, Ohio." Sounds pretty terrible, in isolation, but it ignores the reality on the ground: these are not serious groups, without serious support, and not worth our attention.  These isolated groups shouldn't be allowed to co-opt our national symbols.  

EXACTLY.

This "movement" for "anti-racism" isn't intellectually honest. What it is is extortionate in nature.

• Like (+1) 2

Based on this "criteria" any symbol will offend someone and thus should not be used in any capacity.  The Betsy Ross flag would have been very low on my list of things that offend.  I fly the US flag, The Betsy Ross flag and the Traditional First Continental Navy Jacks (Don’t Thread on Me) on my property.  Never once thought these were negative symbols.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

That's a bit much, I think. I mean, if you wanted, you could nitpick all sorts of things throughout history and eventually find some kind of negative connotation to it. I obviously don't agree with any white nationalist groups using that flag to identify their group/beliefs or whatever, but I also don't agree that it should be pulled off shelves just because it depicts a flag that was used during a time when slavery was legal. That's not what the flag is signifying. Kinda reminds me of how certain people wanna remove certain words from old books because they're offensive. That's just part of American history, you can't rewrite it now, you can only learn from it and move forward.

What will he want next, remove Presidents from our currency from the days of slavery? He has every right to complain, and I have every right to look down on a company who is influenced by his opinion. Thank you, Nike, for reminding me of why I tried switching to other brands last time you listened to this guy. 

It’s our history. We can’t change it. Just because the KKK wants to adopt something doesn’t mean I have to be opposed to it. They don’t change the meaning, and I don’t care what they think about anything. 

I have more Adidas and K-Swiss stuff than I used to.  

• Like (+1) 3